Rihannsu
# 11 Awww you want balance lol
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Unbalanced pvp is actually good since it forces players to have to use different tactics to defeat their enemies and adapt to what's happening.

So instead of whining that some people are using the over powered ships like some of the romulan ones adapt to what they are doing.

Just because your enemies maybe using OP ships with consoles doesn't mean your always going to lose classic example I pvp in Neverwinter and I beat a team that had two trickster rogues both of which were equiped with purple gear and were at level cap and my team won despite this fact because we adapted and over came . Think of it this way Kirk wouldn't complain he would find a way to win as would Picard,Riker or Janeway
Career Officer
# 12
06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
staring in your videos isnt always a good thing lol. i changed that characters name a wile back now, though i do remember some quality matches back then. need to jump back in that fleet MVAM, and lay down the CPB on all these romulans.
They NEED a dont drunk beating!! They don't know how easy they gots it!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Terrific video...and scaring music too! Evul Klinguns!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Empire Veteran
# 14
06-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
oh they are getting it, considering how hilariously good battle cruisers are now. thanks to the turn consoles and EPtE, my ktinga moves around like a bug ship pre LoR, but with that loveable inertia
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Republic Veteran
# 15
06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
If the match was like the video I would have NO reason to post.
But when I get shot a couple of times for 1k each.
Then pop right afterwards after watching it happen to three other people .
Just makes me wonder how it was done.

That's my question just say I have a strong build.
That two people got pop by one ship then it turned towards me I went pop like magic.

How was it done, looking for steps one two and three.

Because if we have elite level PVP players with super secret builds and power combos.
Then PVP is truly broken because 99.9% will just be cannon fodder to secret holders.

However we did several PVP matches all fun with great battles last night.

Just this one match was strange due too one ship killing 5 people in less than 10 seconds.
Career Officer
# 16
06-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes7tvseries View Post
If the match was like the video I would have NO reason to post.
But when I get shot a couple of times for 1k each.
Then pop right afterwards after watching it happen to three other people .
Just makes me wonder how it was done.

That's my question just say I have a strong build.
That two people got pop by one ship then it turned towards me I went pop like magic.

How was it done, looking for steps one two and three.

Because if we have elite level PVP players with super secret builds and power combos.
Then PVP is truly broken because 99.9% will just be cannon fodder to secret holders.

However we did several PVP matches all fun with great battles last night.

Just this one match was strange due too one ship killing 5 people in less than 10 seconds.
I'm going to post something. You won't believe it but that's okay. Maybe you will. Maybe someone else will and they will take the advice. However it works out, or doesn't work out.

Barring some sooper secret HAX that a small select group of peeps is keeping from you, it is very likely that all your matches were very much like most of the matches in my library. There's bunches of them. Honest. Regardless of what you think you saw, and regardless of what you all agree you all saw. Just so you know, that's how eyewitness accounts work.

Most people just aren't that good at judging how long things take. Can't be helped. Unless of course you're a student of observation. Most people just plain get it wrong. Just saying.

Anyways. Combat logs sorta blow. Just accept that. If we had actual logs to go over with you that would be one thing, but I don't see them.

Video is good though. You'll REALLY see **** with video that will make your eyes bleed. So get FRAPS or some other video capture program. Capture video, review it, and profit.

So there MAY be some sooper secret hax. I'm just saying it is more likely that your observations and recollections of events is off.

And here's my creds. I know I can kill a full health ship in 2 seconds flat, and can prove that. I know I've sat and gone over hours of combat video at ONE QUARTER speed watching buffs/debuffs/damage. I know I've survived some crazy focus fire while in a wittle BOP, and I know I've been popped in one shot of a DREAD's Lance (TY Syria!!!). Thing is, I KNOW what happened because I have an accurate record of events.

YOU get those things and then YOU come back. Not to be snotty but there's just not any other answer for it.

EDIT: And to be clear, the numbers you're giving us don't add up. On the one hand you're reporting his damage at the end of the match as indicating quick efficient kills of most, if not all of your team. This supports his low damage done as well as your low healing. On the other hand you're saying that one K damage was done and then you blew up. That's a bit vague. Did a shield drop and then you blew up as you took 45k damage from a BO? That's specific. Obviously the damage he did is being recorded by the game as it is in the totals. So you need to find the specific.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 06-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 17
06-04-2013, 03:08 PM
This so brings up memories of Blackjack doing that back in the day........pop pop pop and fade away.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 18
06-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Drunk beatings are fun! and then the hose and lice powder before you get shoved into a small cell with a guy named Jesus "the lover" Hernandez and learn the that sometimes sleep is optional for brain function over survival and you can go three days before they move you to a empty cell because you keep making Jesus ball up and cry in the corner.
My Pastor is still nice enough to tell me I'm still ok with the JC upstairs because he has a sense of humor and loves children and fools....

Hey!....
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 19
06-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Normally id just assume good setup, good tactics, etc... but this was something else entirely. Not only was his ship practically invulnerable, but he was acting like he had an alpha strike out for over 2 straight minutes.

In the first 60 seconds of the fight, he tore through every ship present as if they had no defensive abilities whatsoever. Last I saw most spike abilities last 15-30 seconds? And then have a 2 minute or so CD, right?

I can see him popping 1 off the bat, maybe 2 if he was quick, but literally five?

Something there is very off. The fact he is obviously specced to do so much burst and sustained DPS is one thing, we all know how to do that... but to also be as resilient as a tank specced cruiser?

I took a straight on shot at him with a full alpha, and his shields didnt even move. Ive clocked on the parser at over 14000 DPS... so how in the blue hell is he unable to be damaged even a smidge by all of that?

I saw this same guy do over 2 million self healing in an arena match where no one lived long enough to even get more than a few seconds of hits in on him. I have never seen anything like that. I could see it if we were actually keeping a steady damage on him and he was healing through it, but its like magic healing of ghost damage.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 06-04-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Captain
# 20
06-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Well, details, please! Your ship, his ship, your buff state and build, his buff state, combatlog data. I can tell you that it is possible to do ridiculous amounts of damage with 15% crit rate, or polaron weapons driven by JH set and 5tac consoles....or even both, for that matter.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"