Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Dragging Abilities off Bar
01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
So I've noticed that you need to right-click and drag to remove something off the action bars. This seems counter-intuitive (and not very laptop friendly for some of us) to let us drag using left-click to add, but require us to use right-click to remove or adjust. It's just wonky.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenka
So I've noticed that you need to right-click and drag to remove something off the action bars. This seems counter-intuitive (and not very laptop friendly for some of us) to let us drag using left-click to add, but require us to use right-click to remove or adjust. It's just wonky.
I disagree here. I play on a laptop and I LOVE that things cannot be moved or removed with left click on the rare occasion I use the mouse to hit something. It's locking the quick bars without actually locking them!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
The fact that the process to remove items from your action bars feels "wonky" is actually a good thing in my book.

I've played many MMOs and every time I accidentally dragged a skill off of my bar because it wasn't "locked", or some other nonsense, was irritating. The right-click and drag system is much less intuitive only because we're not used to it. In time I think it will prove to be effective at preventing mid-battle frustrations.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
i'd have to say i like the right-click drag/remove, since it lets me very quickly rearrange the icons, but never accidentally drag them while left-clicking frantically