Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
Ok, I am having trouble learning how the forums work. I am assuming this is how I start a conversation? I request immediate assistance. My character name is Gold Attack. My fleet is Sol Guards.

Anyway: why must the Fed frigate have an aft torpedo launcher and the light cruiser not?
Ensign
# 2
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
I understand that the dominion frigate has an extra set of polaron cannons, but they are advanced, along with the breen. The undine are more advance than gorn, hirogen, or orions yet they still have frigates with 2 fore weapons and 1 aft. I guess I must be a tiny bit OCD...and curious.

Last edited by warpolaron; 06-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Captain
# 3
06-04-2013, 08:27 PM
They probably gave the NPC version an extra torpedo launcher so that it could do a little damage before being destroyed. Frigates generally don't survive the first fifteen seconds of combat.

As for the Undine being underpowered, my guess is that Starfleet and the Borg have advanced since the 2370s (Voyager), and the Undine haven't.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 4
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
They probably gave the NPC version an extra torpedo launcher so that it could do a little damage before being destroyed. Frigates generally don't survive the first fifteen seconds of combat.

As for the Undine being underpowered, my guess is that Starfleet and the Borg have advanced since the 2370s (Voyager), and the Undine haven't.
If you think about it, they didn't have to.

In their universe they're the unrivaled power. Even in this one they're dangerous.

When they went back to Fluidic space they went back to being the Big fish. They only just came back into our space and we've been duking it out with... well... everyone so we HAD to get tougher.
Rihannsu
# 5
06-05-2013, 02:29 AM
The Undine are always underpowered in videogames. Even more so than the Borg. They were just so impossibly overpowered in Voyager there is no way to put them in a game without nerfing them.
Ensign
# 6
06-05-2013, 07:36 AM
In my Opinion, Species 8472 and the Borg aren't underpowered. The Player(Fed, KDf and Romulan)and its NPC allies are just really OP. I think you could redo Wolf 359 with 10 instead of 1 Cube, and the Starfleet Fleet would win.
Commander
# 7
06-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Given Wolf 359 is about 40 years before the events of STO, Things have had a chance to change.
I send three purple diplomats on a simple gift exchange and they blow it...
I send three white bartenders on a three day wilderness training exercise and the crit it...
Ensign
# 8
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for the responses. Like I said, this is my first experience with the forum. This was interesting.