Lt. Commander
# 31
01-27-2010, 09:24 AM
A daily reminder that this REALLY needs to be stickied.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
A daily reminder that this REALLY needs to be stickied.
Yup, it does. May be then that would motivate the op to go back through and flesh out even more of it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Yup, it does. May be then that would motivate the op to go back through and flesh out even more of it.
Yea I ran into a problem with that, each reply in a thread can only have 11,400 characters in it. I already had to break it down into two posts and trim it some, if I update it I have to squeeze in what I update by removing other stuff or, reply and hope those that thread scroll down far enough to see the next section.

Maybe tomorrow since I'll have free time before headstart on Friday, I can insert the other screenshots and such I took, help give it more visual since it's a lot of text to dissect.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
Yea I ran into a problem with that, each reply in a thread can only have 11,400 characters in it. I already had to break it down into two posts and trim it some, if I update it I have to squeeze in what I update by removing other stuff or, reply and hope those that thread scroll down far enough to see the next section.

Maybe tomorrow since I'll have free time before headstart on Friday, I can insert the other screenshots and such I took, help give it more visual since it's a lot of text to dissect.
Nice. If you need any encouragement or help from us, just give a yell.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-28-2010, 04:30 AM
I never noticed troubleshooting and the Multi-Core rendering option. If anyone is having problems, even with dual/quads, even try turning it off. For example, Left 4 Dead 2, I can run fine but if multi core rendering is turned on, it will randomly stutter for no reason but with it off, runs perfect.

Although, Is this on by default in STO as I'm having zero problems.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
I dont get it, this is not an optimal guide, its for crap computers guide?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryhobbit View Post
I dont get it, this is not an optimal guide, its for crap computers guide?
This is a performance guide to INCREASE game performance. i.e. make it run faster, run smoother, and give an overall higher frame rate per second. Yes it will make the graphics look not as pleasing depending upon what settings you use in-game, it can be used on a high end or low end computer to help improve gameplay. I know what it's like to play MMO's on a low end PC. My laptop runs STO well enough, but I know what its like to love a game and want to play it but can't cause its a slideshow or difficult to run, so I threw this together to help those that might need it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Updated with half a dozen new screenshots of important stuff and added a section for msconfig/startup apps.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Minor Update with a few link corrections, hopefully with launch more people will need to squeeze more fps out of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-14-2010, 01:16 AM
bump to refresh