Republic Veteran
# 1 arc plugin
01-21-2014, 12:54 AM
Ok, lately whenever I come to the site, it's saying arc plugin needs permission to run. Now I know what arc is and all, but what is this plugin for and what doe sit do? Why should I allow it to run? Apologies if this is not the right forum for this question.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-21-2014, 01:34 AM
Was wondering this myself. could not see any info about it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 3
01-21-2014, 01:41 AM
I too have looked. All I found out that it is playnow plugin and is used by other MMO's. From the forums to the other MMO's I looked at disabling it prevents the game running.
Live long and Prosper
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
The plugin enables you to be able to launch Arc from the browser.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-21-2014, 07:52 AM
And the advantage to that is?

I still am not seeing where there is any benefit to _ME_ to having any aspects of ARC. It doesnt improve my internal gameplay, it doesnt improve my communications with others, its gameplay options are limited to only 1 company, of which I play 1 game and dabble very infrequently in 2 others.

At no time have I seen anyone point out how I am wrong about this, or shown me anything beneficial from the system

Last edited by castsbugc; 01-21-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
01-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post

I still am not seeing where there is any benefit to _ME_ to having any aspects of ARC. It doesnt improve my internal gameplay, it doesnt improve my communications with others, its gameplay options are limited to only 1 company, of which I play 1 game and dabble very infrequently in 2 others.

At no time have I seen anyone point out how I am wrong about this, or shown me anything beneficial from the system
ARC provides no benefit to the users, only to PWE. Just say no to ARC.
Brib'r, Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Impassive
Ssakar, Lieutenant Commander of the I.K.S. Vagh'ka
Suran, Centurian of the R.R.W. D'varin
Captain
# 7
01-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The plugin enables you to be able to launch Arc from the browser.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ohh so you can, just looked at it. It is jammed with alot of info I give it that. However Brandon. Why is the pricing figures shown in Euros for me. You know I don't use Euros where I am.
Live long and Prosper
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post

You seem to misunderstand. PWE has no interest in anything that benefits us, the players. It only cares about things that benefit itself. So it's no surprise that ARC is being pushed down our throats despite us deriving absolutely no benefit, and in most cases will be a detriment.
Career Officer
# 9
01-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captfabulous View Post
You seem to misunderstand. PWE has no interest in anything that benefits us, the players. It only cares about things that benefit itself. So it's no surprise that ARC is being pushed down our throats despite us deriving absolutely no benefit, and in most cases will be a detriment.

As long as I have my Collector's Edition CD I will avoid ARC like the plague.
Commander
# 10
01-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Let me get this straight. This things supposed to be non-intrusive and its installing plugins on our browser without even asking us. That's a practice I typically associate with malware.