Empire Veteran
# 1 Ship Customisation Options
06-06-2013, 02:58 AM
It's a well known fact that the KDF have such a limited customisation option when it comes to ships.

While a lot of Federation ships have 3+ skins to kitbash from many KDF ships have none of it and if we are lucky we have 2 choices, though we have to fork over money to buy a c-store ship for that option.

I'd like to suggest to the Dev's and KDF community that a great idea to fix this could be allowing all Birds of Prey and all Raptors to be able to use all Raptor and Bird of Prey model pieces to kitbash. Since all ships in those classes have the same configuration and basic shape.

So if I buy every Raptor in-game I can use all of their pieces on any Raptor I want, if I don't I can use all the free choices. Same with the Bird of Prey's. This would give players a huge variety of choices when it comes to customising a ship, something the KDF really lacks.

Now I understand this would never work for the Battlecruisers and some of the other ships like the Flight Deck Carriers, but at least the BOP and Raptor classes it would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 2
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Orion ship or possibly even the Gorn ships can even apply paint schemes to their ships.

The only way to make them appear different is loading on a set piece shield...

Different material types? nope!
I'm a verteran, yet can't even apply a veteran material to the ship I fly.

I love my Orion ships but it does suck having it look like everyone elses.
I'd love to kit bash those ships though, one day... if we're lucky.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Empire Veteran
# 3
06-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Orion ship or possibly even the Gorn ships can even apply paint schemes to their ships.

The only way to make them appear different is loading on a set piece shield...

Different material types? nope!
I'm a verteran, yet can't even apply a veteran material to the ship I fly.

I love my Orion ships but it does suck having it look like everyone elses.
I'd love to kit bash those ships though, one day... if we're lucky.
One of my characters fly the Fleet Corsair FDC and I agree, for a ship that you fork out 2k of Zen (as there is no discount) you'd think they give us at least material (even some Orion unique ones) and hull pattern options like other ships have.

The lack of options both ship and uniform wise is really very poor and something Cryptic really needs to fix. I see daily on Zone chat at Qo'Nos people saying they'd play the KDF more if such options were included and others saying they don't put any money into this game anymore due to the state the KDF are in.

For a faction that has been in-game for 3 years now, you'd think they would have done a better job at bringing them up to quantity and quality with the Federation before releasing another faction, even if it's a half faction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"