Ensign
# 1 pvp suggestion...
06-06-2013, 03:16 AM
guys you do great i love what your doing if you guys actually read these id like to make a suggestion.. open up the pvp a little by making certain areas of space conquerable let the fed a kdf really go to war and give buffs to everyone on either side based on how the war is going.. make the war matter so much potential. perhaps make it ground assualts on bases or stations on planets after you win the battle in the space above. or have some beam down while the war wages in the skys above. surely it wouldnt be to hard to set up conquerable sector objectives, that way you wouldnt have to turn it into a "pvp" game,, all the pve folks would still have all their pvp and so long as they didnt wander into a warzone theyd never notice the battle except to say oh hey nice little buff thanks guys for kicking klingon butt. and it would give us vice admirals something to do and really make fleets matter more than gear. thx for reading hell it'd be nice to hear if anyone else likes my suggestion.

examples lets say im traveling through fed controlled sector and im fed,, then give me a little buff or vice versa.

Last edited by dragoknash; 06-06-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
06-06-2013, 05:01 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world, open PVP with territorial control has been on my, and others, wish lists for some time.

Definitely have my support for such a thing...

I believe that the only off-limits sectors are the home sectors... Had e put the rooms in alpha cent or iota (and they were actually a stand alone faction) that would have been a great set-up for 3 way open PVP with territorial control...

How about a PVP flag? That the user can turn or off to fit their game play of the day?
Republic Veteran
# 3
06-06-2013, 05:43 AM
This is not a PVP orientated game. There are enough problems with the queues and small warzones we already have. If open PVP was introduced it should strictly be an opt-in system, such as a separate "realm". This would of course merely segregate the community and fleets. All in all I think it is a bad idea.
# 4
06-06-2013, 10:26 AM
I certainly don't think it would be fair, 10 Klingons vs 100 Federation players.

You really want a come anytime you want fight for a faction that has 10% of the player base.

Also isn't that kinda what Kerrat is.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
This is not a PVP orientated game. There are enough problems with the queues and small warzones we already have. If open PVP was introduced it should strictly be an opt-in system, such as a separate "realm". This would of course merely segregate the community and fleets. All in all I think it is a bad idea.
i tire quickly of people saying this isnt a pvp game,, because for one reason or another they are just scared of it.. i offerd a way to add pvp that would not make it intrusive on the pve fans,, do not let ignorance cloud your judgment,, I for one think the foundry sucks. and i want more to do than grind dilithium all day just to buy better gear to stand around and look pretty. that is the problem with wow,, none of your pvp matters other than avatar dress up and bragging rights. there are plenty of browser flash avy dress up games out there.. i enjoy sto and would like a practical application and use for all my build up and hard work. and i think making sectors of space conquerable not making them off limits to one side or the other only determening which faction gets the right to claim one sector or another and and enjoy the buff's i mentioned of triumph,it would give patrols real meaning and make pvp a real part of the game without focusing on it. this is just a suggestion and id like to hear if anyone else has a better idea for how they might help the lvl caps keep enjoying sto. other than running the miserable foundry or re running everything we have allready run through. thanks.
Career Officer
# 6
06-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
I certainly don't think it would be fair, 10 Klingons vs 100 Federation players.

You really want a come anytime you want fight for a faction that has 10% of the player base.

Also isn't that kinda what Kerrat is.
Not exactly. Kerrat is just neutral space, you neither win nor lose ground... and there is no mechanism for opting in or out of PVP there. In fact PVP as a whole doesn't have anything to win or lose... its just a kill fest... you make no progress, advance the war effort, and etc.

I appreciate what the OP is looking to accomplish with his suggestion.. prompted some in depth conversation last night on TeamSpeak (and a little heated discussions).

I'd love to see it...
Ensign
# 7 thanks.
06-06-2013, 02:56 PM
not trying to start a war here just a conversation the hope is that through a collective of good ideas something we can all enjoy might be born from it. in a time where mmo's are scared to stray to far from the status quo it would be nice to see sto's full potential realized.
Ensign
# 8
06-06-2013, 05:26 PM
This would be great. Espically if they add a PvP flag so that players can fly through the warzone w/o getting attacked. It would also be great if you would also get some other reward as well. Like get a reward for 100 kills, 500 kills, 1000 kills. Almost like a war rep system.
Empire Veteran
# 9
06-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
there are several games with a better pvp system, however you can do pvp by entering war zones or using the pvp queue... Just do not be scared, if you loose the battle you only loose the battle, not your ship or your item...
Career Officer
# 10
06-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Would love to see more Pvp content
Reward system is must...
Reward buff's are welcome as well
We need Better Pvp content!
New maps plz

Like battlefest! eatch of the side's get random ships any ship from tear 1 to 5 random random wepons pre fit on ships...

Don't limit the sides to just 2 factions add more like 5 factions or even fleets would bee nice
star trek is MMO make it so!!!!!!!!!!

Would love see fleets go at it in pvp!

Hold the flag as long as you can! factions might team up say 5 groups of 5 would bee good start.
All so you might even add AI factions as well.

We need a WAR!
War map would bee nice as well we can warp too with reward system as well!
so we can cap like on the old dynaverse in starfleet command 2 or OP

Destroy the star base
Hunt down and destroy an invading fleet

Add poker table's to are ships too PLZ!!!!!!!!!!! or at lest add them to the Fleet Star Base

Last edited by masterfiretroll; 06-07-2013 at 02:30 AM.