Career Officer
I'm currently stuck on the Silent Running part of the Bigger Picture, with no idea where/what to do next. There's no option to replay the mission, without possibly replaying the previous arc (no idea if that'll reset the Bigger Picture arc).

The contact only asks: 'Have you located the vessel?", so she's no help.

I tried looking for anything on this issue, but didn't see anything, so I hope I can get help here.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-23-2013, 07:56 PM
is there a mission transwarp?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
09-23-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't know where you're stuck, but...

You have to make your way through a field of plasma discharges and weapon platforms (there may be an option to subvert some of the weapon platforms to either ignore you or fire on other platforms). You can cloak and try to go through the field, but you have to avoid the giant lightning bolts, because they'll drop your cloak when they hit. Once you're through, there'll be a Cardassian station with weapons platforms and small ships, as well as a Republic ship in drydock (and her crew imprisoned). Fight the station, destroy the turrets and small craft, and talk to the station commander. He'll make threatening noises. Then one of your officers will suggest an EMP to release the prisoners, and let you beam them to their ship; take that option when the button pops up. You then have to fight off a battleship (and possibly other craft, I don't recall) while the other warbird powers up and warps out. Once it warps, you've succeeded, and as soon as you can destroy the ship you're engaged with at that time, you can leave too.
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Career Officer
# 4
09-24-2013, 07:58 AM
The Transwarp button is greyed out, so I can't use it.

The part I'm stuck is just trying to find/get to the mission to even start it. For the mission description, it doesn't give any idea of where it is.
Career Officer
# 5
09-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I contacted a GM, and I was told this is a bug, so I reported it.

Nothing much I can do about it now. Hopefully it'll be fixed so no one else will have the same problem, but maybe it's just a glitch for my character.
Captain
# 6
09-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincelestial View Post
I contacted a GM, and I was told this is a bug, so I reported it.

Nothing much I can do about it now. Hopefully it'll be fixed so no one else will have the same problem, but maybe it's just a glitch for my character.
Suggestion: If you're using a Steam copy of STO, try running verify installation to revert your installation to stock, then reapply the patches. You might be able to do this with the Arc version, too (haven't used it so I don't know).
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 7
09-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Suggestion: If you're using a Steam copy of STO, try running verify installation to revert your installation to stock, then reapply the patches. You might be able to do this with the Arc version, too (haven't used it so I don't know).
Cool, thank you
I'm using the Steam copy, how do I run the verify installation?