Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Launcher Issue
01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Now that they've brought the server back up from that "emergency maintenance" thing, the Launcher went through an update.

But, now that I'm trying to launch the game, it won't finish connecting to allow me to play. What I mean is that the bar at the bottom of the Launcher window doesn't move from its starting spot, and it continually says "Connecting" below it. Nothing is happening. I've tried restarting the launcher, but the same thing keeps happening.

Anyone Else having this problem?

I realize it could be a connection issue with lots of people trying to get on at once, but its actually doing nothing. It even has trouble starting the launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm having the same issue, but on top of that the shiny new launcher window isn't displaying correctly. Parts of the graphics overlap each other and the font sizes on the various lines of text look WAY too large. Some of the text extends beyond the proper borders, even.

*sigh* I had just started part 3 of the City on the Edge of Never when the notice of the patch came across the comm channel. I wonder if I'll keep my progress? So far it's been tough, but one of the most engaging missions of the game. I can't wait to get back to it!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Never mind this thread, there's another one: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=73941

Although, maybe others are having the same problem as Clifton.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2010, 09:37 PM
(Post deleted by user.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
My update bar is moving, elbeit slowly. 15% right now...oops, I meant 15.4%, no check that, 15.9%
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton819 View Post
Gee, thanks Cade. 'cept, your link leads back to this page.
Yeah, I figured that out pretty quick. Oops. Already fixed.