Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Career Officer
# 11
06-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
What do you mean nby function as phasers and Ap are just that besides it is my personal preference?
Of course phasers and AP work but so do disruptors and hybrid weapons. The spiral disruptors are awesome to boot.

You mentioned phaser or AP bc they're Starfleet weapons but to me why limit yourself when you could mount any type.
Republic Veteran
# 12
06-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
Funny how that set up is near identical to what I recommended
The difference is the dual Aux2Bat. Seriously, you need it to function with stuff like DEM and RSP, and to get EptX and TT cooldowns to their minimum. Get rid of the non functioning ET and go with the following:

EptW1, AuxBat1, RSP2, DEM3
EptS1, Aux2Bat1
EptE

Do not put EptE on rotation though, S and W are more important to keep up. DEM can go on rotation if you have Marion.

You are also running 8 beams. Big no-no. Definite DPS drop compared to a 6 beam setup. Spirals are great, so keep them for sure.

Fore: 3 spirals, 1 torp (best would be wide angle)
Aft: 3 spirals, 1 KCB

Adapted set is not so suited to tac leaning Aux2Bat beamboats. Go with 2 piece Borg for the hull heal proc, and Maco shield for the Power Conduit link, though a better shield would be the elite fleet Adaptive.

Good luck, I frickin love this ship, however I love the Fleet Assault just a tiny bit more!
# 13
06-07-2013, 07:02 AM
You people *rolls eyes*

http://i.imgur.com/OTcyZ17.jpg

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Career Officer
# 14
06-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
The difference is the dual Aux2Bat. Seriously, you need it to function with stuff like DEM and RSP, and to get EptX and TT cooldowns to their minimum. Get rid of the non functioning ET and go with the following:
I did recommend dual Aux2batt boffs
Republic Veteran
# 15
06-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
I did recommend dual Aux2batt boffs
Sorry, I assumed you were the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
You people *rolls eyes*

EPS... 8 beams... no Borg console... no Torp... no Weapon set... 9 point skills everywhere...

Nope!

Last edited by smokeybacon90; 06-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Captain
# 16
06-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
You people *rolls eyes*

whatchu talkin bout, willis?

sorry someone had to >_>
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Commander
# 17
06-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post

EPS... 8 beams... no Borg console... no Torp... no Weapon set... 9 point skills everywhere...

Nope!
Hi, I am one of the best DPSers out there. I have gotten near 20K ships on multiple accounts and ships, made ships usually tossed aside for their lack of tac abilities do DPS normally imaginable (read: Orb Weaver) and the modern A2B build is partially due to my pain and sweat. All of this without Romulan T5 or Purple Mk XII consoles.

> EPS...
There are two setup you should run with 4-Engineering Builds.

1. 4x EPS consoles (Faster recharge of aux after system offline).
2. Assimilation Module / ZPM / Nukara Console / Plasmonic Leech (Tachyonetic Console also works here, but turn speed is overrated).

> no Borg console...
This only works efficiently if you have a Tac. This build is a dedicated Tank and needs all of the DPS it can get. It also relies heavily on the Assimilation Module, and if you don't have the full quadfecta of Eng consoles. It's not worth running. DPS loss you would say.

A side guard to this is to run a Wide Angle on the FACR. But that's a completely differnet setup because you have the room for TS1.

tl;dr. On a Tac that has all of the required Consoles: Yes. I would direct you to my Dhelan build but I can't be bothered too.

> no Torp...

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. There's is no room for a Torp on the FAHCR. The FACR? Maybe.

> no Weapon set...
I already explained this. You have T5 Rom Rep and the Dil to go Fleet Plasma / RomPlas? You can run the Experimental Beam, BCP and the 4 Uni Consoles and it will work. That is the best build for a Tac possible.

9 point skills everywhere...
I'm sorry, I cannot spend 500 Zen every day to get respecs over 5 characters. This is the weakest part of my build. HOWEVER, it works. Please direct me to something that's apparently better. I decided to post my Excelsior build, which is TBH my worst build and it hasn't been updated in ages because I have been working on my other 4 accounts, and helping new people get better at this game.

The most important point. If you are running something other than 8x Beam Arrays, 7x Beam Arrays and a BCB or 7x Beam Arrays and a Wide Angle torp - I will find you and kill you because you apparently don't know how to run an A2B build.

Last edited by sdkraust; 06-07-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Captain
# 18
06-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Hi, I am one of the best DPSers out there. I have gotten...blablabla [/b]
hahahaha...

anyway, i respect your smug attitude...but not the reason for your 4 EPS consoles.
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 19
06-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
hahahaha...

anyway, i respect your smug attitude...but not the reason for your 4 EPS consoles.
I would suggest you go try it. If you find everything else valid in my post, then it might be worth trying

Captain
# 20
06-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
I would suggest you go try it. If you find everything else valid in my post, then it might be worth trying
_________________________________NO_______________ ___________
Go pro or go home