Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lieutenant
As a recently new player, your forum software prevented me from posting here. As a spam prevention measure, I believe.

At a minimum, the forum's description needs updating.

As it currently stands:
New and confused still? Got questions about Star Trek Online and how things work? Come on in and ask here! The Player Guides sub-forum can also be found here.
The obvious problem is, of course, that it's not actually possible for a new player to post here. I think it took a month, but I'm not sure. Clarifying that should be one of your goals.
Career Officer
# 2
06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I think you have to purchase Zen before you are allowed to post here.

It also helps to keep spam advertisements out of the forum.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Commander
# 3
06-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Yeah, I think you have to purchase Zen before you are allowed to post here.
That used to be the case but is no longer true. The features matrix says silver players have unlimited forum access, and it's been that way for several months now.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Republic Veteran
# 4
06-08-2013, 05:53 AM
You can post from the start, you just can't create new threads until a number of days have passed (4 I believe).
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Captain
# 5
06-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Working as intended. No spam on these forums
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 6
06-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm one of those new players who can't make a thread, so I may as well put my question here. I now have a 'gold' subscription, but apparently that isn't enough to give me access to create threads.

My question concerns missions (story missions in particular). Do story missions level up their reward as you level, or are they constant?

The reason I ask is that my character is just a hair under getting to his next tier of ship, and my next storyline mission has a lot of really great rewards. Problem is, the moment I complete that mission those 'great' rewards will already be out of date as my new rank and ship will be able to equip even better. Should I drop the mission, level up with some other mission (or daily), and then pick it up again? Will the rewards change or stay the same?
Captain
# 7
06-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupirate View Post
My question concerns missions (story missions in particular). Do story missions level up their reward as you level, or are they constant?
They match your level. There's nothing stopping you from going back at level cap and getting the rewards again since you can replay each mission. But the maximum rank for mission rewards is MK XI. If you feel you need the uber gear, you'll have to grind rep for it.

I do think that you need to get rid of the old sexy reward of a lower level so you can get it at the higher level but I'm not sure of that.
# 8
06-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupirate View Post
I'm one of those new players who can't make a thread, so I may as well put my question here. I now have a 'gold' subscription, but apparently that isn't enough to give me access to create threads.
As this is your first visit to the new forums, it considers you new Your join date shows June 2013. The "can't start a new thread until after a specified amount of time" is in place to stop spam bots -- it's a pretty short wait, and since we've put it in place, there has been virtually no spam. We're happy to remove this for you as you're clearly not a spam bot (and I just have -- log out and back in. I also made sure everyone else in this thread can make threads). Anyone else that's in this same boat who reads this message at a later date can send me a forum PM and I can manually remove the restriction.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 9
06-10-2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
As this is your first visit to the new forums, it considers you new Your join date shows June 2013. The "can't start a new thread until after a specified amount of time" is in place to stop spam bots -- it's a pretty short wait, and since we've put it in place, there has been virtually no spam. We're happy to remove this for you as you're clearly not a spam bot (and I just have -- log out and back in. I also made sure everyone else in this thread can make threads). Anyone else that's in this same boat who reads this message at a later date can send me a forum PM and I can manually remove the restriction.

Thanks for understanding!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thank you Brandon!
Ensign
# 10
06-10-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not spam bot either....either...either.... j/k. As a new player all I can say is that the spam must of been driving away more customers than restricting new players does.

Personally, I've had a ton of questions but since I couldn't ask them I eventually figured most out (or forgot some along the way that will surprise me one day that I still don't know that piece of info yet).

(at least I can make paragraphs..the last game I tried the forum wouldn't let me and the players chimed it that it was my browser causing it although I'd never had the problem before and haven't had it since. I'm always surprised by the apparent negativity exhibited by folks that supposedly like the game towards new players)

ps. I'm not saying that's the only reason I'm not playing the last game but it contributed to it somewhat.