Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
06-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Yeah, I think you have to purchase Zen before you are allowed to post here.

It also helps to keep spam advertisements out of the forum.

I do not believe this is a true statement. I also believe they can not start new threads.. but can post to existing ones as well. I just recently came back and I purchased a Romulan Pack, and a life time member, and had purchased ZEN and... meh... i could not post for nearly a month.
Ensign
# 12
06-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
They match your level. There's nothing stopping you from going back at level cap and getting the rewards again since you can replay each mission. But the maximum rank for mission rewards is MK XI. If you feel you need the uber gear, you'll have to grind rep for it.

I do think that you need to get rid of the old sexy reward of a lower level so you can get it at the higher level but I'm not sure of that.

Just posting since I answered my own question in-game. I ended up leveling from Doff assignments and noticed that the rewards for the story quest I picked up automatically upgraded to the next tier as soon as I reached level 20 without me having to drop and then pick-up the quest again.
Ensign
# 13 sdf
06-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Er... Hey?
Ensign
# 14
06-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Brandon, I have been registered for quite a while now and am still getting the "not able to post new threads" message every time.

I used to have a paying account from when STO first started, but switched to FTP for budgetary reasons. My question that I have been trying to find an answer to for days now is why a FTP player at tier 3 with a research science vessel(Nebula) that has a vacant ensign universal station, and who has two officer candidates waiting to be assigned, cannot fill the slot.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erstwhile63 View Post
Brandon, I have been registered for quite a while now and am still getting the "not able to post new threads" message every time.

I used to have a paying account from when STO first started, but switched to FTP for budgetary reasons. My question that I have been trying to find an answer to for days now is why a FTP player at tier 3 with a research science vessel(Nebula) that has a vacant ensign universal station, and who has two officer candidates waiting to be assigned, cannot fill the slot.
Officer Candidates need to be commissioned before you can assign them to a bridge station. If memory serves (I'm at work, so can't actually look at it right now), go to the window where you can assign your Boff, and your candidates appear on the right. Right clicking on one of them should give you a menu drop down with options for join, decline, train, and cancel. Join moves that Boff into your crew and can then be assigned to a Bridge Station. Train is what one uses to train a current Boff with one of the candidate's skills, losing the candidate in the process.
Ensign
# 16
06-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I appreciate your response, but it didn't help. Looking at the screen we're talking about, I have all of my available bridge stations listed on the left, with the empty Ensign Universal Station at the top. On the right are two officer candidates. Double clicking on them or right clicking brings up the drop down menu you mention with Commission, Dismiss, Train, or Join. Clicking on Commission for either candidate brings up their response which is, "There is currently no open positions for bridge officers on your ship..." and leaves me right where I started from.
Captain
# 17
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
In order to add Commission a Bridge Officer yo need to have an empty Commission Bridge Office slot (on the left side the screen). You will gain 2 per rank up to a total of 6 Bridge Officer slots for a Silver Account (10 for Gold). Yo can purchase more BO slots for the C-Store
Republic Veteran
# 18
06-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Yeah, the "positions" it's talking about aren't the slots on your ship, it's the list all the way on the left. You can only have a set number of Boffs at once, which increases as you level. After you've hit the level cap, the only way to add more slots is to buy them from the C-Store.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Ensign
# 19
06-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Yea, I have had my account open for quite some time, it is active and in good standing and I don't really care to count how much Zen I've bought. I've been trying to post to advertise the new STO Role Play community site that we've got set up, yet, I keep getting the message that:

"Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team"

Anyways, any RPers out there, feel free to check out holodeck.enjin.com! There, mission somewhat accomplished.
Looking for a Star Trek Online Role Play Community? Check out The Holodeck RP webpage! The Cartel a KDF faction RP / PVE Crime Syndicate The Cartel Fleet. join "The Cartel Underworld" channel to get in touch with us.
Community Moderator
# 20
06-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doresainbane View Post
Yea, I have had my account open for quite some time, it is active and in good standing and I don't really care to count how much Zen I've bought. I've been trying to post to advertise the new STO Role Play community site that we've got set up, yet, I keep getting the message that:

"Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team"
Your forum account, however, is new:

Quote:
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the spam problem was quite a lot worse before this change. Trust me, it's better this way.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google