Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Ensign
# 21
06-11-2013, 01:18 PM
I've never had the need to create a new thread, even though I've played STO for a while now, and so, was unaware of the restriction. I've been appointed recruiter for my fleet, and would appreciate this restriction being lifted on my account so I can create a recruitment thread. Thanks in advance for any help you send my way.
Community Moderator
# 22
06-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazleck View Post
I've never had the need to create a new thread, even though I've played STO for a while now, and so, was unaware of the restriction. I've been appointed recruiter for my fleet, and would appreciate this restriction being lifted on my account so I can create a recruitment thread. Thanks in advance for any help you send my way.
Please send a PM to "pwebranflakes" asking for removal of the restriction, as mentioned in this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21&postcount=8
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lieutenant
# 23
06-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the spam problem was quite a lot worse before this change. Trust me, it's better this way.
For what it's worth, I really don't have a problem with the restriction. But it ought to be explained. "Post here if you're new!" Click, click. "You can't post because you're new!" is really frustrating.
Ensign
# 24 Help?
06-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Super new to the game. I've pushed *something* on my keyboard which has deactivated my 'mouse' and put a blue square with geometrics in the middle of my screen. Moving my mouse now causes my character view to change only. It looks like some sort of targeting box. Anyway, the problem is that without my mouse I can't click on other stuff on my screen. I have relogged the game...no change. How do I get a functioning mouse back and get rid of this blue box? Many thanks in advance.
Commander
# 25
06-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krugerrand View Post
Super new to the game. I've pushed *something* on my keyboard which has deactivated my 'mouse' and put a blue square with geometrics in the middle of my screen. Moving my mouse now causes my character view to change only. It looks like some sort of targeting box. Anyway, the problem is that without my mouse I can't click on other stuff on my screen. I have relogged the game...no change. How do I get a functioning mouse back and get rid of this blue box? Many thanks in advance.
You've activated shooter mode. Try pressing the "B" key.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Ensign
# 26
06-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
You've activated shooter mode. Try pressing the "B" key.
That fixed it! Thank you so much!
Captain
# 27
06-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Well.

I've got to say this no posting new threads till 4 days after you register is BS. I am having a problem with downloading off of the perfect world site.

Tried to download Neverwinter Online. It starts a process but then nothing ever happens.

Went to post on that game forum for help. Same BS I find here.

After frustration with NWOnline set in, I figured...well why not try STOnline.

Same issue. An installer process begins, nothing happens.

Trying to actually post for help is as frustrating as the craptastic installer.

I guess I will come back in 4 days if I still have any interest in either game.
Ensign
# 28
06-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Is there a place where new players can post? I've just started and have a ton of questions. So far, the game seems cool but I'm so lost and confused on how a lot of things work. Space combat was an especially difficult task for me. I wanted to post a topic with some questions but it says I am not allowed.
Ensign
# 29
06-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Since I can't start a new thread (even though I've been playing STO for over a year) this looks like a good place to post my question.

I've never bought zen before and will be doing so shortly. I'm going to be using the Ultimate game card gift cards and purchasing $50 worth of zen. When I do this, it asks me to enter the code etc however I can only purchase the cards in denominations of $20. Can I use multiple cards for the same purchase?

Thanks
Republic Veteran
# 30
06-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daeryn17 View Post
Is there a place where new players can post? I've just started and have a ton of questions. So far, the game seems cool but I'm so lost and confused on how a lot of things work. Space combat was an especially difficult task for me. I wanted to post a topic with some questions but it says I am not allowed.
I believe after 4 days you can start making your own threads.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.