Captain
# 1 The worst star trek video game
06-23-2013, 06:15 AM
ok name the absolute worst star trek game to your knowledge

give the game title

the console or if its PC

You can if you want include a short description of why its horrendous

Ready...ENGAGE!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Trek Encounters

Playstation 2

If its a fun star trek game your looking for look elsewhere this game is not fun the controls are cruddy the graphics are on par with legos .
The missions are hard to complete because of ill handling ships and overly complicated and most of the time not working systems.
Im not going to go into more details just that if you see this game dont buy it , rent it or let someone give it to you..make them pay YOU to take it off their hands.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-23-2013, 06:20 AM
I was quite disappointed with Starship Creator. Plenty of promise but the missions...well, weren't missions. You had no control over what happened.
Captain
# 3
06-23-2013, 06:21 AM
Star Trek Encounters was a great game. I remember playing it a lot, just because it is so challenging.

Worst Trek games? Well...

Star Trek: Starship Creator (PC) - Refused to play on Windows XP.

Star Trek: Hidden Evil - Lousy controls, lousy storyline, lousy game in general.

Star Trek: Starfleet Command II - Overly complicated and very difficult to learn how to play the game. (Suffice it to say, SFC III was much better, even if it didn't have Constitution class ships.)

Star Trek: DAC - Why play this game if I can play some other kind of sci-fi topdown arcade game?

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Worst trek game? Of all the ones I've played, there is one that really stands out.
Star trek: Legacy. Good grief, even subsystem targeting was fubared. Even the tutorial and the manual both stated that to use subsystem targeting one should hold down the "left trigger". Even though it's a pc game with no support for console controllers. Talk about a lazy console port lol.

Although the way this game is, if it wasn't "online" or an mmo it would certainly be a contender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes

Last edited by captainoblivous; 06-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
06-23-2013, 07:01 AM
I think "Legacy" which was barely functional without mods.

And while I own "Starship Creator"...I don't consider it a game at all...it's like MS Excel's boring cousin.
And that's from someone who can spend an hour desinging a destroyer in "Space Empires IV".
Captain
# 6
06-23-2013, 07:33 AM
I've only played one other ST title for PC, and it came bundled with a joystick or something. I dont even remember the title, but I think it was Elite Force. It was an awful game, pretty much stupid missions and then kill the boss. I threw it away long time ago, and I dont usually throw away old software.
Captain
# 7
06-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Legacy and Bridge Commander both made me want to tear my eyeballs out, which is why I cringe every time someone suggests something from those games. @_@
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Career Officer
# 8
06-23-2013, 05:30 PM
All the ones mentioned so far had at least one enjoyable element. Legacy had (I thought) a pretty good story. Starship Creator let me deck out my very own Akira-class. Bridge Commander was nothing if not inventive, and could be modded endlessly.

I've honestly never played a Star Trek game I didn't enjoy. But there were a lot of movie tie-in games that looked terrible which I left on the shelves.
Career Officer
# 9
06-23-2013, 05:47 PM
ds9 the fallen
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
06-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Star Trek DAC wins hands down. It was even a game made when the technology allowed for easy use of a 3D engine. That game was pure lazyness. The gameplay was very similar to another star trek game that I played on my old LG envy 2 which was soooo similar... my phone played that....