Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
06-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaulay68 View Post
As an ex landlord of a pub in London, i can tell you not many will be too happy to have large groups of an unkown entitly decended on their premises, especially in central London where the anti terrorist alert is currently high. A pub will prevent anyone under the age of 16 attending unless they are accompanied by an adult.
What would you class as "large numbers"? 10? 20? 50? 100?

I think part of the problem is that we don't really know how many we're expecting. The Facebook post suggests a dozen from the number of comments saying it, or people sharing it; plus those saying yes or likely on here so far, my guess would be about 20ish.
Republic Veteran
# 12
06-11-2013, 04:53 AM
There are often big stag and hen parties who go into pubs unannounced, London would get more than usual. Besides, I don't think there is anything less threatening than a load of Trekkies.

I wish I could go to this. How about another UK one in early August? That or a German one sometime else.
# 13
06-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Damn, London is my hometown but I'm not able to be there that weekend. This sounds like a lot of fun as well - I'd love to meet up with the famous Bran. I'd recommend somewhere cheap and cheerful - somewhere like Regents park where plenty of people can come, there's not necessarily any pressure to spend money - but there're plenty of nice pubs and stuff around that area where people can go. I'd avoid making it something that people have to spend money at - then again, it's England so it'll end up in the pub anyway.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
06-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I daresay we could arrange for this to happen every so often - every two months perhaps? Three months?
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
06-11-2013, 08:49 AM
With all due respect intended Brandon, not everyone is going to know who you are. So when you decide on the restaurant, how would we find you? Also are we sitting on one big table or what? (If I come, which I may just be able to!!!)

Edit: Can someone please answer my question (sorry if I bothered you with my impatience ... just need to forward plan)
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 06-12-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
06-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
I daresay we could arrange for this to happen every so often - every two months perhaps? Three months?
or annually ... YES PLEASE!
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-11-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna be on it like a car bonnet.
Ensign
# 18
06-12-2013, 06:00 AM
I'll be there.

The Shakespeare's Head in Holborn is a good pub. I'm part of a scifi group that meets there once a month and it's always very friendly.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/...kespeares-head

TrekBBS Armada
STO Captains (@Trek88): Lex, Foxton, Zylah, Sh'Rrth, Riku, Saundra
Author: The Adventures of Argus
Twitter: @Trek88

Last edited by jonolex; 06-12-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
06-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Myself and another SCCFleet Admiral will be attending.

We're looking forward to meeting you all.

LLAP
Geekly going where no Geek has gone before!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCCFleet.com - twitter.com/SCCFleet - facebook.com/SCCFleet
info "at" SCCFleet.com - MidNiteShadow7 "at" SCCFleet.com
Career Officer
# 20
06-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Interesting.

Pencil me in!