Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,195
# 21
06-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Have you compared the actual defense values and resists?

A little more hull and crew don't really mean that much in my experience.
The difference is just two more hits before going boom.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,502
# 22
06-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Again.

All I do with the Borg ship is sit there and fire, never moving never steering. A small escort is not designed to be a tank and should not be able to do that.

So I did the same with the more tankier fleet armitage and it falls flat on its face,

As for boff stations I hardly have to use eng and sci consoles on the bug ship where as I'm doing overtime on the fleet armitage
this isnt a new or complicated question.
this game work on the basis of
dps > rest
agility > rest
dps + agility = lol
why? because there is no payoff to ships the dont have dps or aginity to off set this.

what you willl get are alot of trinity trolls, and a lot of people who want to cover up for these very simple paradigms.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 652
# 23
06-09-2013, 06:38 AM
I run my Fleet Armitage with both the PD Consoles (Phaser Turret Point Defense and Photon Torp point Defence). A quad cannon, a DCH XII ACC X2 CRTH X2 and 2 Fleet Photon CRTH CTRD. And aft weapons 2 Fleet phaser Turrets ACC2 DMG2 and 1 more Photon Torp or the Cutting Beam. 3 Purple Torp Doffs and 2 purple Tech Doffs.

LT CMDR TAC: TT,TS2, CSV2
LT TAC: TS1,CSV1
ENS TAC: TT
LT ENG: ET,EPTS
LT SCI: HE,TSS
Hanger: Elite Scorpion Fighters
Adaptive Maco set (for Torp damage bonus)

4 XII purple Phase Tac consoles
1 XII Neutronium, PD1, PD2
2 XII purple Field Gens, 1 Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console ( + %11 torp damage)

With this build you can be a Hull smashing beast. You can take out the quad cannons and go with a DBB or standard DCH's and in the back you can go 3 turrets or 2 Turrets and a cutting beam. But with the 3 Torp doffs and Photon torps already high recharge rate along with the 2 PD consoles you can really spam the hell out of torps. And it works primarily for crowd control. This build is made for Fleet starbase alert or Starbase Defence or Starbase 24 fleet action or Azura rescue. (THIS IS A PVE BUILD ONLY) not good for PVP. It's mission is AOE attacks. I have done a lot of testing with it and it does wonders on these missions at killing all the smaller ship spam very quickly. I also works well with Tetryon energy type as it strips the shields then the torps smash the hull.

Last edited by redsnake721; 06-09-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 24
06-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
this isnt a new or complicated question.
this game work on the basis of
dps > rest
agility > rest
dps + agility = lol
why? because there is no payoff to ships the dont have dps or aginity to off set this.

what you willl get are alot of trinity trolls, and a lot of people who want to cover up for these very simple paradigms.
Well that would have a lot to do with it if both ships I tested were not moving. Both ships were static not turning not going forward or backward. Just sitting taking damage.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 185
# 25
06-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Again.

All I do with the Borg ship is sit there and fire, never moving never steering. A small escort is not designed to be a tank and should not be able to do that.

Doesn't that tell you more about how OVER powered the Bugship is rather then how under powered the Fleet Armitage is?

So I did the same with the more tankier fleet armitage and it falls flat on its face,

As has already been pointed out - DPS is king and the Bugship has it in spades, combine that with its high survivability and and most things die long before you have to worry about taking significant damage.

As for boff stations I hardly have to use eng and sci consoles on the bug ship where as I'm doing overtime on the fleet armitage

Once again, you're pointing out how OVER peowered the Bugship is not how under powered the Fleet Armitage is
As has been pointed out several times, comparing pretty much any other escort to the Bugship is pointless due to (By your own admittance) the Bugship far exceeding any other escort in performance.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,502
# 26
06-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Well that would have a lot to do with it if both ships I tested were not moving. Both ships were static not turning not going forward or backward. Just sitting taking damage.
dps.
the ability to kill a target before you need to deal with the damage it could to to you.

the roachboat probably got a few other perks to its defence values too.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 27
06-09-2013, 07:00 AM
According too the stats on paper both ships have a +15 to weapons and that the armitage has a better hull rating.

As a buyer of these ships if the paperwork says the armitage will take more of a beating than god damn it the armitage should take more of a beating. Not less!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,780
# 28
06-09-2013, 07:08 AM
The JHAS can do more dps.
The fleet HEC's piddly thousand more hull will make no difference.
The JHAS is OP and better in every aspect.



End of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
# 29
06-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
According too the stats on paper both ships have a +15 to weapons and that the armitage has a better hull rating.

As a buyer of these ships if the paperwork says the armitage will take more of a beating than god damn it the armitage should take more of a beating. Not less!
Um.. you are aware of the fact, that you have more firepower through your 5th tac console already, yes?
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 30
06-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
The JHAS can do more dps.
The fleet HEC's piddly thousand more hull will make no difference.
The JHAS is OP and better in every aspect.



End of story.
Not on paper. On paper both ships have the same dps rating.
Besides my test neither ship was firing just taking damage and the armitage was the first to fall.

If your looking at the specs on paper and decide to buy the ships because of those stats then the ship should be true to those stats.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.