Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 31
06-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurumimori****a View Post
Um.. you are aware of the fact, that you have more firepower through your 5th tac console already, yes?
The 5th console had a Borg module in it.

The armitage had the same 4 tactical consoles the bug ship had.
It also had the same 2 alloys and hull regen in engineer slots. And the same crew recovery in science.

Only difference was the bug has a turn rate console, and armitage had a shield regen console.

But again neither ship was moving.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,465
# 32
06-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
The 5th console had a Borg module in it.
Why?

/10char
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 33
06-09-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Why?

/10char
1, couldn't go anywhere else. Being that an escort is glassy it's good to be able to take damage as well as take it. So I had a crew regen in science. 2 alloys 1 hull regen and 1 turn rate in engineer.

2, +0.92% Critical Chance
+9.2% Critical Severity
+5 Weapon Power Setting
+5.1 Starship Hull Repair
+23 Starship Graviton Generators

3, with the cutting beam and plasma torpedo I got this

On hit with any energy weapon, 2.5% chance: to self: Applies Omega Weapon Amplifier:
+10 Current Weapon Power
+500 Current Weapon Power Resistance Rating for 3 sec
+500 Maximum Weapon Power Resistance Rating for 3 sec
Set 3: Reactive Deflection

Passive
1% Chance when hit to reduce all incoming damage by approximately 99% for 2 seconds. This cannot occur more frequently than once every 30 seconds.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 34
06-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
The 5th console had a Borg module in it.

The armitage had the same 4 tactical consoles the bug ship had.
It also had the same 2 alloys and hull regen in engineer slots. And the same crew recovery in science.

Only difference was the bug has a turn rate console, and armitage had a shield regen console.

But again neither ship was moving.
What BOFF powers and active DOFFs were you using on the Bug, and what were you using on the Armitage, and did you remember to adjust your ship power levels when you moved to the Armitage?

I would say that at this point, there are only three possibilities:

1) Your BOFF power selection (and associated DOFF combinations) were inappropriate for the Armitage in the given situation.

2) Your ship power levels were inappropriate for the situation.

3) There is no problem at all, and what you are perceiving is simply not what is really happening.

My money is on option 1, but really I wouldn't be surprised by 2 or 3 either.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 292
# 35
06-09-2013, 08:12 AM
perhaps there is another option to add to mrtsheads' list..

when exactly have you tested the bug and when the fleet armitage?
do you use human boffs?
if so.. could it be that you tested the bug before the release of lor and the armitage after the release?
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."


Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 36
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtshead View Post
What BOFF powers and active DOFFs were you using on the Bug, and what were you using on the Armitage, and did you remember to adjust your ship power levels when you moved to the Armitage?

I would say that at this point, there are only three possibilities:

1) Your BOFF power selection (and associated DOFF combinations) were inappropriate for the Armitage in the given situation.

2) Your ship power levels were inappropriate for the situation.

3) There is no problem at all, and what you are perceiving is simply not what is really happening.

My money is on option 1, but really I wouldn't be surprised by 2 or 3 either.
Ok doffs are same on both ships
2 reduce cannons powers
1 reduce torpedo power
1 crew regen at 75%
1 Borg warfare speciel.

Bug and armitage boffs

Torp spread
Rapid fire
Cannon volley
High yield torp.
tactical team
Science team
X2 engineer team
Repulser beams
Attack pattern beta

The bug ship and another tactical team and the armitage had a polorize hull
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 37
06-09-2013, 08:24 AM
And yes both power levels were on weapons
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 279
# 38
06-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurumimori****a View Post
perhaps there is another option to add to mrtsheads' list..

when exactly have you tested the bug and when the fleet armitage?
do you use human boffs?
if so.. could it be that you tested the bug before the release of lor and the armitage after the release?
Both ships was tested yesterday on Azura nebula. Both ships went up against D'deredix mobs and bird of prey mobs. I played with friends and they was happy to leave me to it.

All the boffs are purple humans on both ships. See earlier post with boff and doff abilitys used.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 955
# 39
06-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Now the bug ship has a hull rating of 34,500 and a crew of 50
Fleet armitage 35,200 crew of 200.

So with the hull and crew increase you would have thought the armitage would have better survive ability.
NO IT DOESN'T.
in fact it's worse a lot worse.
Discard Crew counts for any ship -- Crew doesn't really do anything, since they're killed off at a percentage rather than a flat number. In fact, if anything this makes having a lower Crew better since they'll recover faster.

As for the hull... well, the JHAS actually has higher shields and shield modifier than the FHEC. Not substantially, but at the same time, Shields are much more valuable than Hull. It does lack Science Console slots, obviously, so if you stack Field Generators you can get a lot more out of your shields on a FHEC anyway.

In your FHEC, try filling those Science Consoles with Field Generators (bonus % to Shields), and add Emergency Power to Shields and Transfer Shield Strength. Make sure you either have Tactical Team Doffs that reduce the global cooldown on Tac Team to 15s, or have two Tac Teams running. That means ditching Science Team and Engineering Team -- they put a GCD on Tac Team, and you want Tac Team running as much as possible. Use Hazard Emitters to repair your hull (and HE will clear Plasma Fires and Shield Drain when fighting the Borg).

Once you can keep your shields up, then your FHEC will be a lot more durable.

Gonna be honest -- seeing you run so many Engineering Teams and Science Teams on top of Tac Team is really telling about how OP the Bug Ship is.

Last edited by thratch1; 06-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 40
06-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Ok doffs are same on both ships
2 reduce cannons powers
1 reduce torpedo power
1 crew regen at 75%
1 Borg warfare speciel.

Bug and armitage boffs

Torp spread
Rapid fire
Cannon volley
High yield torp.
tactical team
Science team
X2 engineer team
Repulser beams
Attack pattern beta

The bug ship and another tactical team and the armitage had a polorize hull
Uhm? I don't think this list can be accurate, and it's certainly incomplete - first, you are only listing 11 powers for each ship, which is one short. Second, you don't list the levels of each of the powers, which makes a difference. Third, you are giving the Fleet Armitage 3 sci powers, which it cannot use - it only has one Sci LT.

I strongly suspect that what you are feeling is a combination of options 1 and 3. I'll be honest, your Bug set up doesn't strike me as very optimal, which leads me to believe that it doesn't actually perform as well as you feel it does, and that furthermore the attempt to shoehorn the same power selections onto a very different ship configuration is causing your setup to go from "not optimal, but functional" to "Not functional at all".

Given the situation and usage you are describing, here are my recommendations for each station on the Armitage.

With the Doffs you have, I might be tempted to try something like this for the Tac Commander: Scatter Volley III, Torp Spread III, AP:Beta I, Tac Team I

That makes the LT tac this: AP:Beta I, Tac Team I

And the Tac Ensign Torp Spread I.

For the LtC Engineer, run Aux to structural II for a decent, low CD hull heal/resist, then Emergency power to Shields II and Emergency power to Shields I for a 100% uptime shield resistance bonus.

For the Sci, use Transfer Shield Strength II and Hazard Emitters I, and you'll have plenty of healing for what PVE throws at you.

Last edited by mrtshead; 06-09-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: clarification of recommendations
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 AM.