Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
We got a ton of great idea with the last Reboot port, the Batman Franchise boiled down to the basic thought:

A. No origin story, not needed, end of story.

B. Return this New Batman to his roots, The World's Greatest Detective, let him figure crimes out, not just swing in a start fighting bad guys.

C. Use more Hero's from the batman verse, bat Woman, bat girl, Robin, etc etc and give them a point to the plot and story.

D. Tie batman to the Justice league movie.

I think we all can agree on those basic ideas for anyway Batman reboot.

Now that brings me to this new reboot idea, and why did I add 3 movies this time? Simple enough, lets tie them to a Justice League Movie, like with Batman these DC characters SHOULD be tied into the new movie, and still keep the side movies at the same time.

Now this one is a juggling act on a major scale. You have been give the chance to reboot Catwoman, Supergirl and Swamp Thing. You have been given a huge budget for this project, and you need to find top name actors to play in the roles. You also, need 3 directors to pull this off, and top writers. Now Catwoman needs to be a tie in with Batman verse more, vs the others being tied into the Justice League. just a little FYI.

So...............

What would you do to pull this off?
Captain
# 2
06-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Oh silly me, I forgot to post the trailers from the older versions, so you get an idea what they were like.

Catwoman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePgLOVNMSTo

Supergirl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79urQ-bkYvA

Swamp Thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbqK4nw3R8
Rihannsu
# 3
06-09-2013, 12:22 PM
The Helen Slater movie wasn't bad, but it suffered from the 70s vibe it presented. An updated version similar to the new Superman sounds good.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 4
06-10-2013, 07:46 AM
I don't know swamp thing, so I'm not touching that one. Supergirl, I can't really think of anything that would make it anything more than a female superman. I would say to loose the skirt, or at least put some tights or something on, I mean come on, she flies around all the time, do you think that is a good costume choice?

All of the catwomen in movies I have seen, even the latest one, all seem to touch on the I was a victim and now I am rawr cat woman, which, to me at least, never seemed like Catwoman should be. Catwoman always struck me as a female Bruce Wayne, but one who had a nice life, had lots of money, and who got bored. Of the entire Rogues Gallery in gothem, she is the one who was never "crazy;" at worst, she's a thrill seaker. So, personally, I would write the movie as an origin story of sorts, casting Catwoman as the cat burgular who can do the death defining stunts, involved in chasing after some series of treasures against a rival villain, and with the whole movie leaving you questioning who's side she is on, when really she is on her own side. For the tie end, it ends with Catwoman getting the treasure, and maybe saving a few people who she felt deserved it, and relaxing at her home when the Batman come in through the door, and when we all think he's either going to kiss her or truss her up for the police, he thanks her for taking care of the villain while he was busy with something else (whatever happends in the Batman movie). Then he asks for the artifact, whice she relunctly hands over.

"Oh well, at least I had it for a while." She smiles coily at Batman. "So, have I paid off my debt to society yet?"

"I have another job for you, something big."

"Really, I've heard otherwise from some of your 'friends'."

"If you want, we can go back to where this started."

She pouts. "No, much as I liked the position, you're never any fun when you're chasing someone. So, who do you want me to keep busy this time?"

"Have you been following the news about this Justice League?"

***ROLL CREDITS***
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 5
06-10-2013, 08:12 AM
As for rebooting Catwoman, Supergirl and Swamp Thing:

Catwoman isn't a superhero, or any kind of hero. She was a jewel thief and overplayed her victim card, as well there aren't any actresses that ooze enough class to pull off a remake. Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfieffer nailed their portrayal of the character tho I wouldn't mind seeing Lucy Liu give it a shot. MEOW !

Supergirl, who is that ? Another cheap rip-off of the greatest superhore of all time.

Swamp thing, NO. Let this forgotten character remain forgotten.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 06-10-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Rihannsu
# 6
06-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
I don't know swamp thing, so I'm not touching that one. Supergirl, I can't really think of anything that would make it anything more than a female superman. I would say to loose the skirt, or at least put some tights or something on, I mean come on, she flies around all the time, do you think that is a good costume choice?
Well, in fairness, not all versions of Supergirl actually wear a skirt, and some wear shorts under the skirt, so it's not that big a deal...

BEHOLD: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Supergirl

Hehe... there have been dozens of variations on the costume over the years.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 7
06-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Catwoman, Supergirl, and Swamp Thing.

First, Supergirl. No more Supergirl. The title for my remake is Superwoman: Lineage

For this story I want to do what the original did and highlight Krypton life for Kara. I want the actors and actresses from Man of Steel to reprise their roles. I also want things to stay linear, in line with the happenings of the Man of Steel. I want to see the baby kal-el being sent off and Krypton being destroyed. Kara's story will take place after Superman has appeared on Earth and after Man of Steel. Basically, she is going to be a young woman with raging hormones, unstable attitude, and Superman will have to reel her in. Its not a Superman flick. Imagine Superman being the mentor. The bad guy for this I dont know yet. I did a little research and I dont know. I want someone to go toe to toe with her. Any help pn this would be cool.

Anyway, her entire outfit is redone. No silly skirt or rediculous cleavage. I want her suit to look menacing like the new Superman. Though I could change my mind

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...zzzzzzz671.jpg

H'el, the time traveler comes to Earth to restore his home planet. A former student of Jor'el. They were lovers. I added that last part. Now its even more personal

People to appear, villain wise

Lex Luthor
Alphina - helps Lex observe Superwoman
Granny Goodness
Lex's evil niece

As far as a tie in with a future JL movie. I will save that for another time and place. This movie is about the emergeance of another hero, like Superman, but younger, more brash, arrogant, and not really with all the human "stuff", like Clark. That being said, In another Superman movie, I would have him approach her concerning a bigger issue to the universe and have him mention the Justice League.

Last edited by felixhex; 06-10-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
06-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Now for the Catwoman remake and a remake it will be.

Zoe Saldana WILL play Catwoman.

She will not be a victim.

She will be human.

She will be bad ass.

An orphan who learned to survive on Gotham City`s streets, Selina Kyle took to thievery to survive? but determined to do it in style, she learned sexual arts and trained extensively to perfect her skills at cat burglary. Her criminal activities are often tempered by a reluctant altruism, making her an inconstant villain and occasional hero. She regularly eludes capture by the Dark Knight, and maintains a complicated, adversarial relationship with The Batman that frequently turns flirtatious and occasionally legitimately romantic.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Catwoman

I will introduce her origin story. What? IDK, my director Joss Whedon can figure it out. I want this Catwoman to be mean, almost evil. Batman appears in this flick, along with the normal scum in Gotham like the Falcones and other famous Gang members.

The villain will be Bone, an evil dude she steals from. He comes after her and he kills her friend Lola Macintyre. Catwoman goes on a vengeance tour

Also, I want to introduce Bane. Catwoman works for Bane in this movie.

As far as a JL tie in, Catwoman goes to the darkside so to speak after killing Bone in cold blood but getting revenge. Bane is going to introduce her to some friends and her new job.
Career Officer
# 9
06-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Now for my Swamp Thing remake.

I know more about Ant Man than I do Swamp Thing these days, which tells me it needs a remake.

I found this on a web page. It sounds good to me, the millionare making this.

In a secret facility located in the Louisiana swamplands, scientist Alec Holland and his wife Linda invented a Bio-Restorative Formula that would solve any nations' food shortage problems. Ferrett and Bruno - thugs working for Nathan Ellery - barged into Alec's lab, knocked him out, and planted a bomb in the facility. Alec woke up just as the bomb exploded, and in flames, he ran into the swamp. His body had been drenched in the bio-restorative formula, and this affected the swamp's plant life, imbuing it with Alec's consciousness and memories. The newly conscious plant life formed a semblance of a human form and rose up from the bog as the Swamp Thing, the latest in a long line of Earth elementals created when The Green was in need of protection.

The Swamp Thing originally thought that he had been Alec Holland, transformed by the freak accident into a monster. He sought to regain his human body, but often met opposition in the form of Anton Arcane, and his ever growing legion of Un-Men.

As far as a tie in, I just read about John Constantine showing Swamp Thing about the destruction of, well, everything. Crisis:Infinite Earths. Do something like this to tie him in to the JL movie someday.
Captain
# 10
06-10-2013, 02:29 PM
felixhex I like that way you think. But lets help your Super Woman idea out just a little.

A villain Super Woman can face off with is......................Brainiac. You can do a tie in with Superman in this movie, but maybe as a final battle setup. You can have it begin with Brainiac stealing the city of Kandor from Kryton, right before the planet blows up. Later he wants to study the people a little closer, so he picks Super Woman/ Kara Zor-El to do more closer examines on, so he returns her to normal size. Of course this is where she finds away to escape him, and remembering what her uncle Jor-El spoke to her parents about escaping to Earth. She flies off in one of Brainiac's ships to find her relatives, not knowing only Superman/ Kal-El is the only one left. Brainiac being who he is follow's her, and learns of Earth. With in turn becomes his next target.

You can do a ton with that type of story arc, and it would tie in great witht he Man of Steel. Heck maybe you can introduce 1 of 2 more heros into this story, but in the end it all will tie into a JL movie.