Rihannsu
Just for pure fun, I quite like the idea of getting Tolian Soran into the next Trek film. I've always liked him (in no small part to Malcolm Mcdowell) and he is sort of a TOS villain in a way.

He is a genius so should provide a worthy villain. He is an El-Aurian he should have some knowledge that the timeline is different (like guinan from yesterdays enterprise). this would suggest that he knows that he dies, partially at the hands of kirk.

This could go down 3 routes.

1) He has allied with the klingons before. With the threat of a fed/klingon war brewing this could be a nice way to tier them together. This could show us the house of Duras as a familiar foe. Perhaps introduce Kang, Koloth and Kor as well. Maybe a young Curzon before he was joined?

2) He might also want to try and save his homeworld from the borg. With knowledge of what is to come, he could find a way to attract the borg's attention to the federation instead and save his home planet. The borg, albeit a little overused now are still the big bad of trek. I would love to see them on the big screen again.

3) Something brand new, as to not draw too heavily from existing films.

What do you think. Would you like to see Soran, the borg? neither. Who should play him?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 2
06-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Into Darkness villain spoiler.

While I don't think the Borg would be good to put in a JJ movie, at least mentioning them would be nice. Soran would make a great follow-up to Khan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 3
06-13-2013, 03:31 PM
It is an interesting idea. But I am not sure it would fit. Soran wasn't necessarily villainous, as he was single minded in his focus. He wanted to get back to the Nexus, and cared little for anything or anyone else.

The problem with this, is the Nexus doesn't figure in until the Enterprise B era, so it is hard to imagine how you would work him in with the current setup.

As for the Borg, I am not sure that would apply either. One, I am not sure when the El-Aurian Homeworld was destroyed exactly. For another, Yesterday's Enterprise assumes a sudden, unexplained turn of events, Yesterday, Tasha Yar was dead, Today She is alive and well. Yesterday we were at peace with the Klingons, Today we are losing a war with them, etc., Which is how I assume Guinan was aware of the anomaly.

In the case of JJtrek, The changes are a direct result of past events unfolding naturally. So I would assume JJ Soran would be unaware of the Future events, which have not yet happened.
Captain
# 4
06-13-2013, 03:59 PM
JJtrek is an open field in terms of what's next.

I'd like to see something new, not just a retread of old stories. While I found the second movie to be a fun diversion, it lacked any surprise and left me meh.

Comon - lets have something NEW.
Ensign
# 5
06-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
JJtrek is an open field in terms of what's next.

I'd like to see something new, not just a retread of old stories. While I found the second movie to be a fun diversion, it lacked any surprise and left me meh.

Comon - lets have something NEW.
Well, they kind of bypassed the need for a 'The Search for Kirk' movie by bringing him back to life 10 minutes after killing him.

So maybe the next movie can rip off ST IV, the crew of the Enterprise goes back in time to the 2010's and finds themselves trying to mingle in hilarious ways with hipsters and bronies.
Commander
# 6
06-13-2013, 04:38 PM
While Generations is my most hated Trek film (I felt like it was an absolute insult to Kirk's character and TOS in general), I like your idea. Not bad at all.
Career Officer
# 7
06-13-2013, 05:03 PM
They go back in time to kill JJ Abrams Tank before he can make his 1. Movie.

So we can see the next Picard Movie when Data comes back as Cpt of the Enterprise.
18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014

Last edited by ussberlin; 06-13-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Captain
# 8
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
I think it could work, and I thought the plot for generations was very flawed. Soran did not need to blow up a star to enter the nexus he just needed a spacecraft. Plus his little missile launcher looked pathetic.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 9
06-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I think it could work, and I thought the plot for generations was very flawed. Soran did not need to blow up a star to enter the nexus he just needed a spacecraft. Plus his little missile launcher looked pathetic.
They did say that starships got heavily damaged or destroyed when approaching the nexus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 10
06-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
They did say that starships got heavily damaged or destroyed when approaching the nexus.
yeah that is so much worse...........

Yeah so Soran could work we already got cartoony looking missiles in STID. I think the undine would be cool, they never got in a movie which is kind of a shame. more likely than not it will be klingons with either klingon characters from tos or general chang from the undiscovered country. T|here is pretty much no chance of a new alien race being the villain since jj has no interest in fleshing out the aliens in these films, they are just window dressing.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 06-13-2013 at 05:50 PM.