Lt. Commander
Been trying to log in for the past 3 days.. its been virtually impossible to get past the launcher, let alone the character select screen. I've noticed ZERO downstream while attempting to connect.. I'm using a variety of network meters to capture this.

Often I get the ' Unable to authenticate' at the launcher stage.. or it says 'patching...' and nothing happens

I randomly tried forcing it to use the US as a proxy and BANG.. patching straight away

So development team.. how about you show some love to your EU/UK brethren and perhaps take us seriously about the EU proxy being borked

** update **

Yea so much for optimizm.. 43.6% into the patch.. guess what.. CONNECTION TO THE SERVER WAS LOST

btw.. this was at 10am GMT.. constant dl speed checked at 6.5Mb sec with a ping to the server from nettest at 50ms
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_rocker View Post
Been trying to log in for the past 3 days.. its been virtually impossible to get past the launcher, let alone the character select screen. I've noticed ZERO downstream while attempting to connect.. I'm using a variety of network meters to capture this.

Often I get the ' Unable to authenticate' at the launcher stage.. or it says 'patching...' and nothing happens

I randomly tried forcing it to use the US as a proxy and BANG.. patching straight away

So development team.. how about you show some love to your EU/UK brethren and perhaps take us seriously about the EU proxy being borked

** update **

Yea so much for optimizm.. 43.6% into the patch.. guess what.. CONNECTION TO THE SERVER WAS LOST

btw.. this was at 10am GMT.. constant dl speed checked at 6.5Mb sec with a ping to the server from nettest at 50ms
I'm having problems with the EU proxy again this morning as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Im in the UK also, its weird, at home i can only get connected with the EU proxy but at work I can only get connected when proxy is set to none, locations are only 10 miles apart, maybe its an ISP thing?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2010, 04:13 AM
I have had no problems with the proxy set to none..I live in Holland and that was the default setting so just left it at that and seems to be fine.