Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-21-2010, 06:18 AM
6 ships in a cluster isn't a lot.
And the anomalies are really really rare.
Looks like overcompensation, just like with combat difficulty (which was fine, and now isn't)
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Just confirmed with my brother now it works group up, then have someone in group enter a anomoly, other get the option to enter same system (button lower right)

Soo... GROUP up with other people if you wanna explore now
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2010, 10:24 AM
While grouping may seem the ideal solution, unless you have a preset team and your own instance everyone is going to have different progression on the mission so they'll team for only so long. That's IF you can get everyone in the sector to cooperate. I like the idea of more reason to co-op, but this isn't it. *Technically* space is big enough for ships to have their own sector of space they're assigned to and research it. I don't recall armies of ships tagging along with the Enterprise wherever they go. Sure, they assisted a ship from time to time, but 6-10? Don't think so.

It's broken, it needs to be fixed.

(And thanks to a Dev, looks like it IS a bug, and will eventually be fixed: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...23#post1568523 )

Guess not exploring until it's done.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaintrix
The patch has been great, until I had to deal with Exploration.

When I warped into the system, I noticed a distinct lack of anomalies to search for. When one finally appeared, it would be jumped on by the nearest person and the anomaly would vanish. It would take around a minute for another one to generate. When I finally accessed a node, it was just a mineral sample. Pre-patch, this would take me into a system and advance the mission counter upon completion.

Does anyone else actually get missions from their scans, or do you just end up with samples like I do?

This can't be right. With this kind of competition, there's no way to advance the mission at all - IF the anomalies were even working.
They do work, but the spawn rate is so incredibly low right now that it's not currently worth the TIME to go exploring. I pushing forward out of sheer stubbornness right now but it's a little silly at this point. Hopefully they can push out a fix quick for this one because I actually happen to like the exploration missions.

I'm a little on the strange side, I know.

EDIT::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaintrix
While grouping may seem the ideal solution, unless you have a preset team and your own instance everyone is going to have different progression on the mission so they'll team for only so long. That's IF you can get everyone in the sector to cooperate. I like the idea of more reason to co-op, but this isn't it. *Technically* space is big enough for ships to have their own sector of space they're assigned to and research it. I don't recall armies of ships tagging along with the Enterprise wherever they go. Sure, they assisted a ship from time to time, but 6-10? Don't think so.

It's broken, it needs to be fixed.

(And thanks to a Dev, looks like it IS a bug, and will eventually be fixed: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...23#post1568523 )

Guess not exploring until it's done.
Excellent, thanks for digging up that post.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Lowering the number of people allowed in an instance to 6 max helped a little bit but the spawn rate is still too low, we are still heavily competing over these anomalies.

Also, I've entered 2 unexplored systems and picked up 5 samples.