Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,222
# 91
09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdamc View Post
You've been presented with 2 videos showing 2 different approaches to HSE and you still claim they don't work. How do you explain that in that speedrun the've managed to get all optionals? How do you explain that I managed to stay alive in my video? Magic? Cheating? Santa? Vodoo? What's the next thing you're going to say? "It's a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaake"? And now you accuse me of trolling... I'm absolutely serious. I know how to beat HSE. I've told you how to do it, yet you still claim it's broken. If you can't comprehend that you should stay away from HSE. It's not there to be farmed, it's for people who enjoy a challenge and you obviously want all content to be dumbed down to mashing spacebar with your forehead.
Video is meaningless - all that it proves is that you played HOSE BEFORE the bugs.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 61
# 92
09-12-2013, 11:20 AM
I can even record a new one if you insist on it being broken despite the recent nerfs...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 166
# 93
09-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Video is meaningless - all that it proves is that you played HOSE BEFORE the bugs.
Videos are meaningless?!?!?!? -- did you see the date stamp from the speed run when you watched it? It was from 5 days ago. Should we do another video and scream out the date while we smash HSE in 3 or so minutes again?

You know, you ignore peoples advice and continue to cry in the forums, sad really. Learn how to overcome the shortcomings of this game. Clearly in our speed run, we popped the vessels before they could do anything. Furthermore, we did it with our highest dps'r dead. . . So 3 recluses and 1 scimi wiped the vessel out almost immediately.

HSE is really not a challenge. If you do not employ solid, well thought out tactics, you will probably fail it and continue to cry in the forums. If you continue to ignore people's advice, you will fail. If you claim vids proving our points are fake or old, well, then. . . . you are hopeless.

Last edited by porchsong; 09-12-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 61
# 94
09-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchsong View Post
Videos are meaningless?!?!?!? -- did you see the date stamp from the speed run when you watched it? It was from 5 days ago. Should we do another video and scream out the date while we smash HSE in 3 or so minutes again?

You know, you ignore peoples advice and continue to cry in the forums, sad really. Learn how to overcome the shortcomings of this game. Clearly in our speed run, we popped the vessels before they could do anything. Furthermore, we did it with our highest dps'r dead. . . So 3 recluses and 1 scimi wiped the vessel out almost immediately.

HSE is really not a challenge. If you do not employ solid, well thought out tactics, you will probably fail it and continue to cry in the forums. If you continue to ignore people's advice, you will fail. If you claim vids proving our points are fake or old, well, then. . . . you are hopeless.
Thanks, it's good to know that at least 1 more person on this planet doesn't think HSE is broken.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,000
# 95
09-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Only thing broken about HSE is it is a bit harder and the rewards are the same as the easier other 3 STFs. Up the rewards so people have an incentive to get off their backsides and make a better build and soon people will complain it's too easy.

HSE is harder than the other STFs but if you're good enough to zombie the others in less than 5 mins with full optionals you should be able to zombie HSE.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,222
# 96
09-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchsong View Post
Videos are meaningless?!?!?!? -- did you see the date stamp from the speed run when you watched it? It was from 5 days ago. Should we do another video and scream out the date while we smash HSE in 3 or so minutes again?

You know, you ignore peoples advice and continue to cry in the forums, sad really. Learn how to overcome the shortcomings of this game. Clearly in our speed run, we popped the vessels before they could do anything. Furthermore, we did it with our highest dps'r dead. . . So 3 recluses and 1 scimi wiped the vessel out almost immediately.

HSE is really not a challenge. If you do not employ solid, well thought out tactics, you will probably fail it and continue to cry in the forums. If you continue to ignore people's advice, you will fail. If you claim vids proving our points are fake or old, well, then. . . . you are hopeless.
I saw the date stamp for when the video was posted, yes. That doesn't prove that the mission itself took place on that date.

I don't doubt that you aced HOSE before it was broken, but as it stands, at the beginning of this week at least (don't know if it received attention in the last patch), those unimatrix ships were one-hit KO'ing players at the spawn point - you know, quite some distance from the unimatrix ships themselves and certainly WAY outside the player's weapons-range; the 'under the guns' buff didn't work - players were being one-shotted regardless of where they were - under the ships, by the queen - numerous times in numerous instances, the team were one-shot killed REGARDLESS of whether we were hanging around by the queen or not.

Anyway, I am NOT the only player to have experienced this, as the following threads prove:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...t=lance&page=2

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ghlight=lanced

But I know that you'll continue to ignore these facts in favour of e-peen waving, so I'll leave it there.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 09-13-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 61
# 97
09-13-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
But I know that you'll continue to ignore these facts in favour of e-peen waving, so I'll leave it there.
What facts? All you've shown us here is that you and a bunch of other guys have no clue how to do HSE. And I've done HSE with a PuG today, and as usually I didn't die even once and random guys where getting instavaped by Torp Spreads most of the time. Does that mean that HSE is broken? Not at all. And you can call me whatever you want. The fact is I can do HSE w/o a problem and you need to cry on forums because it's to hard for you. L2P or avoid HSE. Can't be simpler than that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,222
# 98
09-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdamc View Post
What facts? All you've shown us here is that you and a bunch of other guys have no clue how to do HSE. And I've done HSE with a PuG today, and as usually I didn't die even once and random guys where getting instavaped by Torp Spreads most of the time. Does that mean that HSE is broken? Not at all. And you can call me whatever you want. The fact is I can do HSE w/o a problem and you need to cry on forums because it's to hard for you. L2P or avoid HSE. Can't be simpler than that.
Thankyou for proving me right - somehow I knew that you'd maintain the attitude that everyone is wrong except you.

For the record, it ISN'T "too hard for me" - I can do HOSE just fine usually; I do, however, find it difficult when I get one-shotted by a lance when I am outside the lance's range but get hit anyway, or at the respawn point, or close to the queen where it is NOT supposed to be able to hit.

But then, you are obviously SO uber that you'd survive being smacked by a lance at the respawn point.

I'm not saying that this is the case - Bran(flakes) acknowledged the issue and for all I know, it's been resolved.

Thankfully, your 'no one is as good as me' attitude toward evidence that others experienced HOSE in it's broken state is proof that you are a troll and I will indulge you no more.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 09-13-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,862
# 99
09-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Just after the HSE fix was launched, we did a pug with fleetmates (4 fleet, 1 stranger). Yeah, we got killed, but we finished it in one go.

I call that as being fixed.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,222
# 100
09-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Just after the HSE fix was launched, we did a pug with fleetmates (4 fleet, 1 stranger). Yeah, we got killed, but we finished it in one go.

I call that as being fixed.
Yeah - as I've said, I am not saying it hasn't been fixed. What I am saying is that the inital attempt at fixing it didn't work and myself and NUMEROUS other players experienced one-hit KO's from the unimatrix ships, which AT THE TIME, had the ability to one-shot players at the respawn point and pretty much any distance between the respawn point and player weapon range. As I said in another thread, at least one player - in a very tanky Odyssey - was double-lanced. And he was sat RIGHT NEXT to the queen.

But I am done with this thread - too much e-peen waving for my tastes.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:57 PM.