Career Officer
# 121
12-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:

And yeah, I've had the questionable pleasure of experiencing those lance one-shot kills in Hive Elite. At some point we just gave up. It was hilarious for a while, and we laughed a lot, each time a ship just went 'poof'. But that's about it. Gets old, gets very annoying. And suddenly those lance attacks hit like every time.

Then there's also Donatra in Khitomer Vortex Elite, who now sometimes fires the Thalaron Weapon without chargeup time. One time she came out of cloak and within one second wiped out our whole team. That was fun! Not.
This. Once you start reaching those minute long respawn timers in hive, that's it. You're getting lanced every time you try to dive back in. That's it. There's no way around it. And of course if the lance doesn't get you, the plasma bolt will.

As for Donatra, I too have been bushwhacked by this insta-kill uncloaking. Funny when it happens once in a while. Also, she seems to randomize her cloaking time for each run. Sometimes she's out there for minutes at a time, and others only a few seconds.
Ensign
# 122
12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
I utterly approve an easy toddler mode for this STF.