Lieutenant
# 31
08-02-2013, 03:59 AM
I created a QQ thread on this topic probably 2 months ago and still nothing.

Upsetting to me because this used to be my favorite STF.

Yes, you can park next to the Queen and not get lanced but even getting to the queen can be a challenge and once there you still are fighting off instakill plasma torps from 2 directions.
Captain
# 32
08-02-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
The lance is NOT survivable, it does 240K damage right through shields. HOE is borked and the Devs don't care or are unable to fix it so only a masochist would bother.

HIVE ONSLAUGHT ELITE BUGS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Pcx-b4NuE
Well, *something* hit me at 15K+ range and took away nearly 90% of my hull in one shot. There were no plasma bolts anywhere nearby, and nothing else the lance ships can throw at me does that sort of damage.

Maybe it's because I was in regular HO and not Elite? Is there a difference in lance weapon output/damage between the two mission versions?

UPDATE: I just got hit with something similar as soon as the queen when active. What is she firing that could do this sort of damage? I survived it, but had to EM away for a minute to heal.

RCK

Last edited by rck01; 08-02-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 33
08-03-2013, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
Well, *something* hit me at 15K+ range and took away nearly 90% of my hull in one shot. There were no plasma bolts anywhere nearby, and nothing else the lance ships can throw at me does that sort of damage.

Maybe it's because I was in regular HO and not Elite? Is there a difference in lance weapon output/damage between the two mission versions?

UPDATE: I just got hit with something similar as soon as the queen when active. What is she firing that could do this sort of damage? I survived it, but had to EM away for a minute to heal.

RCK
She has a mega aceton assimilator which will take you down, it's strength I believe depends on the amount of DPS she is receiving.
Career Officer
# 34
08-03-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
It's not that bad, dude. With the right build, you can destroy both Unimatrices during the cutscene without firing a shot.
Post the build and the technique or, as I suspect this is a troll post then go troll elsewhere, this is a serious thread about a seriously borked and much loved STF which the DEVs have apparently abandoned.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
It's not the gear. It's the tactics. If you're doing 5K DPS or better, and you have similar team members, you can do Hive Onslaught at non-Elite level. Just remember to hide by the queen and get everyone else to join you.

Or find me in a PUG...

RCK
I haven't tried the nonelite version, if just seems like a waste.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
08-04-2013, 11:04 PM
This really needs to be fixed soon.

It's (just about) playable with a really good team that can get the unimatrix ships down quickly - but getting one shot from spawn or <15km away by lances hitting for 250k is silly. It's a shame because it's a fun STF - and I still run it very very occasionally since LoR but it would be nice if I could start running it regularly again.

Please fix the crazy lances again! They fixed it last time, so they can fix it again.
Captain
# 37
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Now I'm really PO'd. I finally find a PUG for HOE and what shows up? A bunch of lightweights who can't DPS their way out of a we paper bag.

I mean, after shouldering much of the burden during the Tac Cube/Mob Sphere phase, I find myself all alone in between the lance ships trying to bring them down solo. Everyone else is either dead or in the process of becoming so - usually because they're too stupid to get out of lance range and into queen airspace.

Regardless, when I check my real-time DPS meter and see that I've done 10M total damage while the rest of them have done maybe 6M *combined*, I decide it's time to bail.

I hate to leave an ESTF unfinished, but I can't carry a team through HOE. Regular HO? Yes, I've done it many times, usually by soloing the lance ships. But HOE requires at least 3 heavy hitters plus some supporting players for heals/sci stuff. The scary thing is I actually got both lance ships below 50% before I got killed. The ever-increasing spawn clock then made continuing impossible, so I left.

Bottom Line: Why do these idiots even bother? I really wish there was some sort of gear-check mechanism in place to make sure that you don't end up with a bunch of wet noodles doing 1.2K DPS and popping like balloons.

Very frustrating...

RCK
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I think the problem is that the other Elite STFs are so easy you could beat them with an NX-class starship. HOE is the only real challenge in the game. Quite obviously if you have played everything else you can get use to just flying around shooting things and winning.
Captain
# 39
08-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Just the other day, for ****s and giggles, I played Hive Onslaught in a PUG. We played on normal. There was a Scimitar, my Olympic Retrofit, a Regent, a Sovereign, and a Galaxy-R.

We managed to beat it, but it was a hell of a fight. With more than a little dying by the good guys in the process.

Changes my view that it's unbeatable on normal with the bugs, as long as the right mix of ships/set-ups show up to the party. But it was enough to convince me to absolutely avoid it on elite until the bugs are fixed.
Commander
# 40
08-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm curious, how many of you filed bug reports?

There needs to be some kind of mass coordinated reporting to get this fixed.
These forums suck. ~Omega X