Commander
# 231 Severe Lag & Rubber-banding
06-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Anyone else having issues today?

Been disconnected 3 times today.

I attempt to warp to a planet, I fly right past it.

I attempt to drop out of warp, but I keep going at maximum warp.

Doors won't open for me.

I go to full impulse, and fly right into a planet.

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting this today!
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 232
06-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm having the same problems.
Career Officer
# 233
06-14-2013, 04:54 PM
I always have this problem even after their server stability fix or whatever you want to call it. They honestly need to rethink what they do with this game....its just getting worse. They "fix" one thing then 2 things screw up etc.
Ensign
# 234
06-14-2013, 07:32 PM
I've had this going on for a week now. no response from their support. Is it still called support when none is given, lets call it the 'tell us whats wrong so we can ignore you' ticketing system.

Been playing for years, no issues. now 'Disconnected for unknown reason'. I get to select my character and click play but then Disconnected. Getting to player screen takes a good minute or so though. again, never used to. Would like to get an acknowledgement that this is a known issue that they are trying to resolve or do I abandon my LTS and find a new game?
Rihannsu
# 235
06-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, up to a week and a half now of the mysterious disconnects. I am still getting the Server Not Responding that lasts for 18-20 seconds, then Disconnects. I do not have lag, I just have sudden SNR, then DC with no warning. I have contacted my ISP (CenturyLink) and has told that the disconnection problem is on Cryptic's end, yet post #170 here says that the problem is Savvis (CenturyLink owned). I am bein given the runaround and am becoming somewhat frustrated.

I'd like any advice on further troubleshooting this if anyone can give if. Otherwise, how can I manage how my computer connects to Cryptic to avoid Savvis servers?
Lieutenant
# 236
06-18-2013, 01:44 AM
I don't get disconnected often as some, although it happens; three, four times a week. But I do get server not responding quite often during my 2hrs play time, usually at night, and my lag is so bad that it got to the point where I can't play any PVE map, because I am useless.
My FPS drop as little as 3/s and it continues for several second, in which I am already destroyed. And those FPS doesn't have to do anything with my hardware, I tried lowering video setting to the lowest possible, with half resolution, just to be sure. ( I don't have graphical problems, but the lag became so unbearable I thought that maybe something is wrong my my hardware- it's not).

So now I can only play, at some degree, PVE content aside from PVE queues. Even travel through sector space is lagging, which has never happened before.
And one more thing, maybe it's relevant; my sound flickers when those lags happen. Not all the time, but just the same, too often do I hear crackling sound, like the sound that I hear is not constant but rather its lagging, if that's the right term. And, in PVE queue maps, my sound is messed up; I don't hear me firing, then I hear some random explosions and beam weapon fire, than just a little bit of my cannons firing.. Its wrong.

Hope this helps.
Lieutenant
# 237
06-18-2013, 10:33 AM
As I posted somewhere else on this forum: the amount of disconnects is insane... Stability, my ***
Ensign
# 238
06-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I got no time yesterday as I couldn't log in. Today I got maybe 50 minutes by jiggling the proxy settings around till it died again just now. No matter what launcher settings, login server is dead from here.

The longer this goes on, the less I bother trying to get back in. I'm certainly not going near NWO when their infrastructure is so poor. Maybe they decided it's just cheaper to let the people who can't stay connected wander off than to fix the capacity problems.
Ensign
# 239 useless
06-18-2013, 06:34 PM
they will never fix the problem now. it is all about money to them so I play free, I am getting a new internet band on thursday. so nothing will change with the game. they should take the game offline for a week, so they can get better severs that's the only way this can be fixed
Ensign
# 240
06-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Yep, both me and my SO are having this issue. We have great net but BF uses the gaming rig and I use the laptop, both are having the same issue, he gave up and I am trying to connect still >.<
Closed Thread