Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Cryptic what have you done?
01-21-2010, 05:09 AM
I have played with everything maxed out, had AAx8 also enabled, haven't had any problems the game was smooth no stuttering or low fps .

After the patch i get stutter and feel like I lost about 20 fps

Anyone else got this problem with the nvidia?, and yes i tried the latest drivers from feb 19, didn't help anything same issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-21-2010, 05:11 AM
I have stuttering now, everything was smooth before. Any idea whats causing it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-21-2010, 05:16 AM
They reset a bunch of the setting in video, go into your video settings, you may need to readjust to your previous values.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Reset your graphics options to default, as the latest patch changed a lot of code, a well as switching a few options from enabled, to disabled.

You can also go to your launcher options, and under advanced command line, enter : -perFrameSleep 10


Also, post your dxdiag log so we can see if anything else could be the problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-21-2010, 05:24 AM
I've been told to update my drivers to the ones that released on the 19th, just installed them, will report back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-21-2010, 05:26 AM
That fixed it... latest nvidia drivers removed the chugging. Back to how it was pre patch with settings maxed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Reset your graphics options to default, as the latest patch changed a lot of code, a well as switching a few options from enabled, to disabled.

You can also go to your launcher options, and under advanced command line, enter : -perFrameSleep 10


Also, post your dxdiag log so we can see if anything else could be the problem.
Tried that besides as i wrote, I didn't had any problems before the patch everything were smooth no stuttering no low fps, the problems i have now came with the patch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgrim View Post
Tried that besides as i wrote, I didn't had any problems before the patch everything were smooth no stuttering no low fps, the problems i have now came with the patch.
Yea, what i was trying to say is the last patch changed a LOT of graphics code. But i'm glad you got your game working again
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Yea, what i was trying to say is the last patch changed a LOT of graphics code. But i'm glad you got your game working again
Nope still stuttering and low fps.

Have to wait for the next patch and hope it will be as good as it was before this patch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-21-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgrim View Post
Nope still stuttering and low fps.

Have to wait for the next patch and hope it will be as good as it was before this patch.
Have you tried rolling back the drivers, and resetting all your ingame options to defaults?
Culd you also post a dxdiag log here, just incase anything is conflicting with the drivers?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 PM.