Ensign
I can check a mission log and when I alternate between normal and advanced, the rewards don't change. Is there an actual benefit to changing difficulty other than he challenge?
Ensign
# 3
06-11-2013, 07:20 AM
so the only reward difference is loot?
Captain
# 4
06-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by udenet View Post
so the only reward difference is loot?
Don't knock it. A good drop will have you rolling in the EC after you hit the exchange.
# 5
06-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Don't knock it. A good drop will have you rolling in the EC after you hit the exchange.
Although personally i noticed that for the most part you just get more of the basic stuff than the good stuff. It increases how often you get stuff, in practice i never really noticed better stuff. Also it seems you have to be much better because you basically do not tend to get repair stuff as often as you get injuries.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 9 should be; Season 9: The Big Bug Fix
Captain
# 6
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannewboy View Post
Although personally i noticed that for the most part you just get more of the basic stuff than the good stuff.
This is why i stopped playing on elite. I wasn't getting any better gear, just a lot of useless items like food stuff or small hypos and such, nothing really worth while versus the other stuff that i can't even sell on the exchange. It's a bit ridiculous and it's been that way for as long as i can remember. I.E. they were complaining about it in beta and at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
The answer is 'not nearly enough'. The only circumstance in which elite difficulty is worth it is STFs, where you get additional marks as well as better loot. Let's be honest, the only reason you're running solo content is to fill up on raw dilithium.