Captain
# 11
06-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenconrad View Post
I like this idea.
Had some good guild wars in SWG. That kind of action could be a lot of fun in STO.
Speaking of which, do you know where I could get a copy of SWG in the Croatian capital city?

Just watched the gameplay on YouTube (after hearing a lot of good stuff about it a few months earlier), and it's BEAUTIFUL. *has an urge to get SWG, download SWGEmu, and play it all day*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 12
06-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Considering the imbalance between the KDF and Fed, I'd rather see things based on queues and not on open PvP. At least in social zones, Ker'rat is still hilarious. Having territory control, guild wars, etc based on queued events places the KDF on a level playing field. At that point, it's who won more even 5v5/10v10/whatever matches, not who can gank the other group with sheer numbers.

(though to be honest, pitting 5-10 random KDF players against 5-10 random Feds is an advantage to the KDF)
Republic Veteran
# 13
06-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Considering the imbalance between the KDF and Fed, I'd rather see things based on queues and not on open PvP. At least in social zones, Ker'rat is still hilarious. Having territory control, guild wars, etc based on queued events places the KDF on a level playing field. At that point, it's who won more even 5v5/10v10/whatever matches, not who can gank the other group with sheer numbers.

(though to be honest, pitting 5-10 random KDF players against 5-10 random Feds is an advantage to the KDF)
Fleet Wars is not about imbalance unless a 5 person KDF fleet decided to challenge a 100 person Fed Fleet to a War. The idea that I came up with is a supplement to PVP. So not only do you have the option to queue up for a war with whatever fleet you desire, you can PVP traditionally as well.
Career Officer
# 14
06-12-2013, 09:34 PM
I would be in favour of this, but you'd need to raise the player cap per instance for it to really work - with the current absurdly low numbers per huge, sprawling map you'd have practically zero chance of finding folks, and even less chance to call in re-enforcements if you are lucky enough to spot your quarry.
Ensign
# 15
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Speaking of which, do you know where I could get a copy of SWG in the Croatian capital city?

Just watched the gameplay on YouTube (after hearing a lot of good stuff about it a few months earlier), and it's BEAUTIFUL. *has an urge to get SWG, download SWGEmu, and play it all day*

SWG was shut down, just before the launch of SWTOR. There is the swgemu. I did not get into it. It was built on the premise that SWG was a dead horse once the NGE was released. So it was made the same as SWG was at a specific point in time. I did not hate the NGE outright and stayed in SWG, which did improve before the end. The end being brought on by corporate greed(thaks sooooooo much SOE).

Unfortunately, the game that SWG got shut down for is a shallow pos WOW clone, compared to SWG it is not even worth being a Star Wars game.

/Rant off

Last edited by warrenconrad; 06-14-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Captain
# 16
06-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
SWG was shut down, just before the launch of SWTOR. There is the swgemu. I did not get into it. It was built on the premise that SWG was a dead horse once the NGE was released. So it was made the same as SWG was at a specific point in time. I did not hate the NGE outright and stayed in SWG, which did improve before the end. The end being brought on by corporate greed(thaks sooooooo much SOE).

Unfortunately, the game that SWG got shut down for is a shallow pos WOW clone, compared to SWG it is not even worth being a Star Wars game.

/Rant off
The thing is, SWGEmu needs me to find a copy of SWG and install it before I can play.

Even if I were dumb enough to download it from a 3rd party site, if the SWGE team found out about it, I'd probably be banned from it.
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
06-14-2013, 01:28 PM
No

Bad idea

some larger fleets would spend their time exterminating small fleets
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
06-14-2013, 01:31 PM
yes please this sounds fun
Welcome to bugs online were we only fix the bugs you like, and will ignore the ones you hate.
These are the voyages of the USS Farmville. Her 5 year mission is to boldly farm where no one has farmed before.
Say No to ARK
Ensign
# 19
06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
The thing is, SWGEmu needs me to find a copy of SWG and install it before I can play.

Even if I were dumb enough to download it from a 3rd party site, if the SWGE team found out about it, I'd probably be banned from it.
I was not aware of this. I'd suggest trying E-bay or some other online auction. Someone might be selling a set as a collectors item.
Captain
# 20
06-15-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
I was not aware of this. I'd suggest trying E-bay or some other online auction. Someone might be selling a set as a collectors item.
While most other people would gladly do so...

I'm not "most other people". Long story.