Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 181
06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
On top of that, because these "bonuses" are baked into the upgrades themselves, and not an explicit unlock you must purchase, there's no way to avoid them.

These "discounts" should be moved to a separate project that we can then not do, opting to continue to retain full prices so that members can actually earn FC.

they are independent unlocks, look at my fleets website for screens

we may skip the fleetmark projects too
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,758
# 182
06-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Perhaps I missed it somewhere... Does anyone know the details on what we're to do in these missions and what the rewards are for said tasks?

Dilithium Mining Daily Mission 1
Dilithium Mining Daily Mission 2

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 183
06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Perhaps I missed it somewhere... Does anyone know the details on what we're to do in these missions and what the rewards are for said tasks?

Dilithium Mining Daily Mission 1
Dilithium Mining Daily Mission 2
players wont know until cryptic makes a "door" so we can actually go to the mine
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 363
# 184
06-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Can someone explain to me how this new holding is supposed to help small fleets?

Old, large fleets have already finished, or nearly finished, their holdings, so they can divert their time maxing out this new holding.

Old, small fleets aren't close to finishing their holdings, and diverting more time maxing out this new holding means delaying previous ones. I know that the new holding is supposed to decrease dilithium costs by 9%, but the overall investment is going to further delay, not speed up, small fleets.

From what I've seen, the Dilithium Mine helps NEW large fleets, not new small fleets, and most certainly not old small fleets. Am I missing something here?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 185
06-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruminate00 View Post
Can someone explain to me how this new holding is supposed to help small fleets?

Old, large fleets have already finished, or nearly finished, their holdings, so they can divert their time maxing out this new holding.

Old, small fleets aren't close to finishing their holdings, and diverting more time maxing out this new holding means delaying previous ones. I know that the new holding is supposed to decrease dilithium costs by 9%, but the overall investment is going to further delay, not speed up, small fleets.

From what I've seen, the Dilithium Mine helps NEW large fleets, not new small fleets, and most certainly not old small fleets. Am I missing something here?
The discounts really dont help anyone. Its a huge dilithium burden for small fleets and it makes getting fleet credits harder in large ones.

Balanced fleets will see the most benefits from the discounts.

Hopefully the other things like the special doff assignments and the mining daily are better helpers
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 186
06-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
The discounts really dont help anyone. Its a huge dilithium burden for small fleets and it makes getting fleet credits harder in large ones.

Balanced fleets will see the most benefits from the discounts.

Hopefully the other things like the special doff assignments and the mining daily are better helpers
If the rich mining daily works like the one in the lockbox, then yea, 5000 dilithium ore in about a minute should help....
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 187
06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
If the rich mining daily works like the one in the lockbox, then yea, 5000 dilithium ore in about a minute should help....
thats a big if, and I doubt it will
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
# 188
06-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
It works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asindar1 View Post
The fix for them was to alter the 3 recruiter personal/consoles to work only with their faction and civilians. Not sure if intended or a mistake. But, now if your at SFA you can only reassign/exchange Fed Doffs and any Civilian. If your at Klingon Academy you can only reassign/exchange KDF Doffs and any Civilian. And if your at New Romulas Command you can only reassign/exchange Romulan Doffs and any Civilian.

When using any of the Recruiters I would have liked to be able to use any doff of my faction KDF/FED and any Romulan doff to be able to reassign/exchange.
Nope - it doesn't work that way. In Romulan Command Center you can exchange only civilians and KDF DOFFs! You can't even exchange Romulan DOFFs there.

Here, take a look - I tried to exchange uncommon doffs:
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1927/warrq.jpg
As you can see, it allowes me to use only civilians and WARRIORS. A warrior is a KDF rank. Not romulan. Uncommon Romulan DOFFs have Uhlan rank. Here is the proof:
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/1716/uhlan.jpg

This is clearly a mistake, because as a Romulan allied with FED you can't exchange either FED or Romulan doffs. You can only use KDF ones (or civilians). Don't try to convince me that everything is OK when clearly it isn't.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 189
06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm impressed by a lot of the fixes.

Though the new fleet holding leaves a LOT to be desired. We were promised this new holding would "greatly improve things for small fleets"... What a load of rubbish, all it is is yet another fleet mark sink that's going to take us small fleets the better part of the next year to get through.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
# 190
06-12-2013, 10:52 AM
I've updated the patchnotes after speaking with our systems team. The duty officer inputs are "either or" in every case.

A project that used to only require Science duty officers will now accept science OR medical, giving you more options.

A project that had two separate slots with one requiring science and the other requiring medical can now accept either science OR medical, giving you more options.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.