Republic Veteran
# 251
06-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
No, it would be absolutely terrible ! The exploiting possibilities are amazing, that's why something like that will never happen !
maybe It can but how?
Career Officer
# 252
06-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramin View Post
***** WARNING: BAD ENGLISH, NO NATIVE SPEAKER *******

i know what you mean. whats about ppl can only contibute if they stay for at least 2 weeks in fleet or something like this? so, if you try to do "fleet-hopping" as exploiting ,you can prevent it that easy.

Of course you have to think twice to the whole process, but don't tell me that something like the system now is fair.. and yes, i want to stay in a small fleet, as it is family and rl-friends..and i dont have 100 ppl in my family play sto

have fun...

Well, if you expect to level up your fleet with 5 people just as fast as with 500, I guess you're out of luck. You will simply need a lot more time.

Most of the items needed for projects can be traded, you can even move dillithium between your characters easily. That 2 week period you mentioned wouldn't prevent exploiting.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 253
06-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
It's a fraking Dilithium Mine, why in the hell should I have to spend dil to improve a dilithium mine??
Building a power plant doesn't take power? Don't need any iron to make an iron mine?

While the discount is a colossal failure on Stahl's part, the idea that Dilithium shouldn't be needed is silly.
Commander
# 254
06-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Here's an idea:

Reduce the cost and build time of each starbase tier project(no other project or holding) based on how long the fleet has been active since July 12, 2012(when fleet holdings were introduced). XP and requisition projects should not receive this discount.

Example:

After the first 3 months a guild has been created, tier 1 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs. (If the guild was created before July 12, 2012, set the date created to July 12, 2012)

After the first 6 months, tier 2 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 9 months, tier 3 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs; tier 1 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 12 months, tier 4 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs; tier 2 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 15 months, tier 5 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs; tier 3 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 18 months, tier 4 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 21 months, tier 5 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

No more discounts past this point.
Captain
# 255
06-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Well, if you expect to level up your fleet with 5 people just as fast as with 500, I guess you're out of luck. You will simply need a lot more time.
Nice strawman.

Fact: DStahl said that this holding would have significant impact on the problems small fleets are having progressing.

Fact: This holding does the exact opposite, putting small fleets further behind than they were.

We're not asking to progress 100 times faster. We're asking Cryptic to live up to their damn promises.
Career Officer
# 256
06-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Building a power plant doesn't take power? Don't need any iron to make an iron mine?

While the discount is a colossal failure on Stahl's part, the idea that Dilithium shouldn't be needed is silly.
Iron is a structural component, dilithium is not. Anti-matter reactors are used on starships, not on mining stations, even DS9 used fusion reactors, they have the space and its a whole lots more stable and cheaper.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Ensign
# 257
06-13-2013, 08:27 AM
***** WARNING: BAD ENGLISH, NO NATIVE SPEAKER *******

Quote:

Most of the items needed for projects can be traded, you can even move dillithium between your characters easily. That 2 week period you mentioned wouldn't prevent exploiting.
Never ment to keep up with a real big fleet but at least you can get SOMEWHERE if they reduce the cost.
Chars? I have written from Accounts (yes, sometimes i got a bright moment and use my brain ^^)

and yes, i TRY at least to find a solution to change the situation and not to sit an tell what can't be done.. maybe you have a better idea? i am open for every system, but ANOTHER sink will make it even worse for small fleets, due to NO ONE will wait for the next 5 years to get the fleet up to tier 5, even we lil "dumb ass" will give up earlier

Nope, i only expect, that, if we are willing, at least have a chance to get up a bit.. if they dont want to have the small fleets: they should tell us, clearly and frankly..but not promise "we will help the small fleets" and do stuff like that..another sink will NOT help, ( good for the big fleets as they get new members ^^ )

as i already have writte: you have to think twice how to change it.... but i didn't mean that i do have to make a "waterprove concept" on my own ...

have fun
Captain
# 258
06-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Iron is a structural component, dilithium is not. Anti-matter reactors are used on starships, not on mining stations, even DS9 used fusion reactors, they have the space and its a whole lots more stable and cheaper.
In STO Dilithium is a currency.
Republic Veteran
# 259
06-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
yeah a dilithium or antimatter reactor on a planet to power a mine don't sound right or safe. especially fed side. no telling what kinda crazy trouble the kdf and romulans will get themselves into when it comes to mining tho
Ensign
# 260
06-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruminate00 View Post
Here's an idea:

Reduce the cost and build time of each starbase tier project(no other project or holding) based on how long the fleet has been active since July 12, 2012(when fleet holdings were introduced). XP and requisition projects should not receive this discount.

Example:

After the first 3 months a guild has been created, tier 1 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs. (If the guild was created before July 12, 2012, set the date created to July 12, 2012)

After the first 6 months, tier 2 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 9 months, tier 3 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs; tier 1 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 12 months, tier 4 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs; tier 2 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 15 months, tier 5 starbase projects gain a -33% reduction in build time and costs; tier 3 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 18 months, tier 4 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

After the first 21 months, tier 5 starbase projects gain another -33%(-66% total) reduction in build time and costs.

No more discounts past this point.
time based discounts will also do

no bad idea, either

At least it doesn't matter , as all big fleets ar now at t5, only the small once hopping behind.. so maybe a reduce for all older projects will help also (so every new fleet can keep up.. and no, i dont see the big problem as you can buy your items in any fleet you like...you only need to get some fleetmarks and dili.)
Leave the new holding Dili. Mine as expensive as it is, and maybe everything from t4 onwards, but reduce the cost of t1-t4 will help a lot.
Have fun

Last edited by duramin; 06-13-2013 at 08:38 AM.