Lt. Commander
# 1 launcher issue
01-21-2010, 08:55 AM
hello again,

Still having the same problem as before but as of the last patch the fonts on the launcher are completely hosed. It's like someone turned on the accessibility options and left them on. lol

Also, I have launch the launcher several times before it allows me to login. It just sits there at a white screen and says loading. please wait.....

Any fixes for these?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-21-2010, 10:52 AM
I guess I'm the only with these issues... odd
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I got the Same message?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Oddly enough when I was going to try CO, I couldn't get passed the login window either... hmm.......

Dr. Woo
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoo View Post
Oddly enough when I was going to try CO, I couldn't get passed the login window either... hmm.......

Dr. Woo
Yes i am getting the same issue now. i getting the Cant authentic issue as well since they moved over to a new logon screen
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Any ideas?!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-23-2010, 01:12 AM
I made a thread about this and I still have not received a reply. I replied to a thread about this that a dev answered to let them know the fix that they proposed did not work for me (reinstall IE 8) and I still have not seen a reply.

I don't think they know what is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 8 I found the solution
01-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I also had the "loading, please wait." I think it's an issue with Vista 64 bit. I was able to fix the problem by following the steps in this link.

http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/arch...ocx_error.html

"What you will need to do is find the flash9.ocx file and copy it as flash.ocx.

To do this, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder. Locate the flash9.ocx file and right click it and select copy. Now just right click in a blank spot of the same folder and select paste. You will then find you have a file called Copy of Flash9.ocx in the folder. Right click the new file and select rename and change the name to flash.ocx. "

One thing to remember though, is that on Vista 64, the flash folder is actually in the sysWOW64 folder in the windows directory.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaelusbindo
I also had the "loading, please wait." I think it's an issue with Vista 64 bit. I was able to fix the problem by following the steps in this link.

http://blogs.chron.com/helpline/arch...ocx_error.html

"What you will need to do is find the flash9.ocx file and copy it as flash.ocx.

To do this, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder. Locate the flash9.ocx file and right click it and select copy. Now just right click in a blank spot of the same folder and select paste. You will then find you have a file called Copy of Flash9.ocx in the folder. Right click the new file and select rename and change the name to flash.ocx. "

One thing to remember though, is that on Vista 64, the flash folder is actually in the sysWOW64 folder in the windows directory.
I didnt have Flash 9, I had Flash 10. But I did do a copy and made one say flash.ocx.. i dont think that is the problem though, as my launcher still just says trying to update / connect....
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-23-2010, 07:32 PM
i'm getting "trying to update the launcher. Please be patient"

i've been patient for the whole week.