Starfleet Veteran
# 251
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
Well what I am about to say has probably been said 40 or so times already in this thread, but I have seen about 50 or so of this very thread. Problem with the JHAS is way OP arguement is I can rip apart those JHAS ships in groups of 5v5 without much difficulty at all. In a 1v1 enviorment it really boils down to how good you are as opposed to how good they are.

But while I am here, let me share with you some of the weakness of the Legendary Bug. It can not take on a well built sci ship. It just can not. Drain it and rip its shields off and it sits there while you slowly tear off the armour.

Now being that I personaly fly a lot of BOPs in PvP, as opposed to flying cruisers, I think that you are not doing it right if you can not fly a Cruiser. I recently even made a D'Deridex build that was more than effective in PvP. I can even hold my own against bug ships.

Also well placed on puting the Thread in the General Discussion forum as opposed to the PvP forum... There your thread would have like 4 posts, each of them saying exactly what I am now... OP is in your mind, conquer the enemy by finding its weakness. Every ship has one.
THIS ^^ is exactly what I'm talking about.

People actually make builds around making your opponent pathetically weak before they even dare to try to fight them.

I can't imagine Kirk telling his crew to hold off and disable their opponent's shields, weapons and engines, scramble their sensors and hold them in a tractor beam before "bravely" attacking.

Sci ships should have to slot all these magic powers into weapons slots, instead they get all the Beam Target System powers for free.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Survivor of Romulus
# 252
06-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
THIS ^^ is exactly what I'm talking about.

People actually make builds around making your opponent pathetically weak before they even dare to try to fight them.

I can't imagine Kirk telling his crew to hold off and disable their opponent's shields, weapons and engines, scramble their sensors and hold them in a tractor beam before "bravely" attacking.

Sci ships should have to slot all these magic powers into weapons slots, instead they get all the Beam Target System powers for free.
Well, Sci is somewhat if a different monster than tac. And going all Kirk (I am a Captain so I win) is not really a fun way for one person to fight another. But there is other ways to kill Bugs, my Fleet Dhelan does it quite often. Although that is more dependent on the person piloting the bug.
Survivor of Romulus
# 253
06-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegie0 View Post
[...] Kirk (I am a Captain so I win) [...]
You need to rewatch some TOS.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.