Lt. Commander
# 1 Error decompressing data
01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm running a computer with an Intel processor @2.66Ghz, 2 GB of DDR2 ram, and a ATI Radeon x1300 video card. I get a problem after logging in and attempting to play. When I click ENGAGE, i get the background of Cryptic studios over a city, and about 10% into the loading bar, i get a pop up saying, "Fatal Error: Error Decompressing data."

Is this because of my graphics card?
Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi TrekChick,

I fixed this by following someone else's suggestion so I will pass it along to you:

Delete the "piggs" folder under
C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs (This is for Win7)

Once you have done that start the launcher and after you have inputted your credentials and hit enter you will come to the 2nd stage of the launcher where it patches. Note the OPTIONS in the upper left hand of the window, open that and select "Force Verify\Verification". It will then redownload the "piggs" folder and contents (this will take awhile) but after that you should be good to go.

Regards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Happening to a number of people...
2 x threads already on it, double digit responses on both. Links below for info

MISSION: EVERY ground instance, for both starfleet and klingon, for both randomly generated missions and planned quests/episodes issued by NPCs. For players both grouped and ungrouped. For both missions with an away team of 1 or an away team of larger numbers.

BUG: Data Compression Error forcing Crash to Desktops

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=56898
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=62021

No Dev response to either. Been ongoing for over a week now...
Lt. Commander
# 4 Solution I Think
01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
I had the same problem what id di was un install star trek online and delete all traces of star trek and cryptic studios then reinstalled it i even left my comp on at night to do patching!! Hope I Helped