Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Just hit T4, and the rep gives a nice bump to my damage.

With 55 Aux (11.1 each to kinetic, energy, and weapons training), my DHCs get about 48.3 more damage and 32.2 more DPS.

Really trying to resist the urge to buy the leech console, but I just can't see where I can get more Aux power without sacrificing a lot from my other subsystems.
Captain
# 2
06-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Overcharged warp core [?->A].
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 3
06-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Just hit T4, and the rep gives a nice bump to my damage.

With 55 Aux (11.1 each to kinetic, energy, and weapons training), my DHCs get about 48.3 more damage and 32.2 more DPS.

Really trying to resist the urge to buy the leech console, but I just can't see where I can get more Aux power without sacrificing a lot from my other subsystems.
4 more days - can't wait - will provide my reman sci torp boat with 22 points(@ 120 aux power) to weapons training, projectile training, enegry weapons.

Its a nice passive for sci captains for once.

I have high hopes it will boost my base dmg on transphasic torps to 7000 and 5000 for each breen mine.
Captain
# 4
06-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Overcharged warp core [?->A].
Yep, already got one. Grabbed an Overcharged Warp Core [eff] [W->A] from the dilithium store. Sadly, according to the Ship Power Calculator, going with a higher MK won't help me much.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what those Fleet warp cores are going to look like.

I may also replace my Advanced Hyper-Impulse engine for the Nukura one, just so I can get a boost to shields and redirect that boost to Aux. From what I can tell so far, the MK XI Nukura have the same turn rate and .1 more flight speed than the Advanced Impulse Engine. If a MK XII increases the speed beyond that, it may offset the difference between an Impulse and Hyper-Impulse. But, I'll have to wait until I get to T5 to see for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
4 more days - can't wait - will provide my reman sci torp boat with 22 points(@ 120 aux power) to weapons training, projectile training, enegry weapons.

I have high hopes it will boost my base dmg on transphasic torps to 7000 and 5000 for each breen mine.
Definitely meant for Aux-heavy Sci captains/ships, but will also be a nice boost for torpedo boats as well. I got my B'rel to 130 Aux.
Captain
# 5
06-12-2013, 03:15 AM
buy an overcharged one with w->a + plasmonic + level set on weapon and aux and see the dps
| CSI - Confederazione Stellare Italiana | @NandoPC |
Empire Veteran
# 6
06-12-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
I may also replace my Advanced Hyper-Impulse engine for the Nukura one, just so I can get a boost to shields and redirect that boost to Aux. From what I can tell so far, the MK XI Nukura have the same turn rate and .1 more flight speed than the Advanced Impulse Engine. If a MK XII increases the speed beyond that, it may offset the difference between an Impulse and Hyper-Impulse. But, I'll have to wait until I get to T5 to see for sure.
It does not, you can see for yourself on tribble. the nutella items are avilable for free on tribble for testing.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Empire Veteran
# 7
06-12-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Actually, that seems like an awful lot of extra damage. Especially if you already had full energy weapon spec'ed.

I'm pretty sure the +30 from the other rep thing did less for me.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 8
06-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandospc View Post
buy an overcharged one with w->a + plasmonic + level set on weapon and aux and see the dps
I don't have max Flow Capacitors (or any points in it at all). I'll have to respec in Tribble and check it there when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
It does not, you can see for yourself on tribble. the nutella items are avilable for free on tribble for testing.
Yeah, I was thinking of doing that before I actually spend the reputation for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Actually, that seems like an awful lot of extra damage. Especially if you already had full energy weapon spec'ed.

I'm pretty sure the +30 from the other rep thing did less for me.
I still have the numbers written down from the +30 Weapon Training rep.

It was ~65 damage increase, and ~45 DPS increase.

Even with max Aux, the most you could possibly get (if you have an Overcharged Warp Core) is +26 Weapon Training, +26 Energy Weapons, and +26 Kinetic Weapons.

The amount you get, in terms of Weapon Training, is less than the Omega reputation reward. But then you get the extra +26 in Energy Weapon and Kinetic Weapons.

I'll see what I can do about maxing out my Aux to 130, but I suspect the boost at max Aux would probably be a little less than double the +30 Weapon Training passive.

Last edited by shookyang; 06-12-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Captain
# 9
06-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post

Someone mentioned earlier that he can boost the base dmg of his Transphasic torp to 6000 on Tribble using the T'Varo passive bonus and other tools, maybe that was you, I don't remember.

So I did a little fact check, using every enhancement conceivable, including 4 X Mk XII Transphasic purple consoles, Rule 62 Combat Console, Breen 2 piece sets (+32.5 Transphasic damage), Omega Weapon proficiency specialization (Reputation bonus, +30 weapon proficiency in space) + the T'Varo passive bonus for torps.

Here are the results :

Adv. Fleet Transphasic Torp (dmg x 3) = 5650.7 in base damage
Transphasic Cluster Torp = 3760 in base damage per mine

So the claim that the base damage of the Trans torp can be over 6000 at this point on Holodeck is greatly exaggerated. Even adding the eventual Nukara T4 rep bonus, which can grant another +26 weapon proficiency and + 26 projectile damage bonus, the base damage of the Trans torp on a T'Varo will be nowhere near 7000.

For comparison, here are the base dmg using a Fleet Dhelan, which has 5 tact slots :

Adv. Fleet Transphasic Torp (dmg x 3) = 5430.4 in base damage
Transphasic Cluster Torp = 3630.9 in base damage per mine

The T'varo has a slight edge due to its unique passive bonus on projectiles is calculated after factoring all other buffs, as opposed to a straight 10% on the projectile's original base damage before buffs.

Just want to fact check the myths and exaggerations so not to lead to unnecessary complaints about OP and nerfs.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2013, 10:17 AM
has anybody tried out the defense aux yet?