Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
06-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
Someone mentioned earlier that he can boost the base dmg of his Transphasic torp to 6000 on Tribble using the T'Varo passive bonus and other tools, maybe that was you, I don't remember.

So I did a little fact check, using every enhancement conceivable, including 4 X Mk XII Transphasic purple consoles, Rule 62 Combat Console, Breen 2 piece sets (+32.5 Transphasic damage), Omega Weapon proficiency specialization (Reputation bonus, +30 weapon proficiency in space) + the T'Varo passive bonus for torps.

Here are the results :

Adv. Fleet Transphasic Torp (dmg x 3) = 5650.7 in base damage
Transphasic Cluster Torp = 3760 in base damage per mine

So the claim that the base damage of the Trans torp can be over 6000 at this point on Holodeck is greatly exaggerated. Even adding the eventual Nukara T4 rep bonus, which can grant another +26 weapon proficiency and + 26 projectile damage bonus, the base damage of the Trans torp on a T'Varo will be nowhere near 7000.

For comparison, here are the base dmg using a Fleet Dhelan, which has 5 tact slots :

Adv. Fleet Transphasic Torp (dmg x 3) = 5430.4 in base damage
Transphasic Cluster Torp = 3630.9 in base damage per mine

The T'varo has a slight edge due to its unique passive bonus on projectiles is calculated after factoring all other buffs, as opposed to a straight 10% on the projectile's original base damage before buffs.

Just want to fact check the myths and exaggerations so not to lead to unnecessary complaints about OP and nerfs.
You are right on with the numbers - I ment 6000 and 4000 - it was very late - almost 2am when I posted.

actual numbers displayed at 5462.5 and 3760

Since you are amazing at working the numbers - adding is about my math limit - maybe you can calculate what the new numbers will be with the passive.

(edit: I am using just regular/non- fleet purple XII trans - acc - CrtHx2 - I will upgrade to fleet in a few days //// or I might keep the CrtH - i don't know yet.

I am still half asleep and a bad headache - had to edit this 4x already - lol

With your numbers for the fleet - and the same numbers I got for the Breen - I did not think getting to 6000 and 4000 would be a huge problem with the 26+ weapons and 26+ projectile - but I could be wrong -as I said math is not my strong suit.

Last edited by newromulan1; 06-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Captain
# 12
06-12-2013, 10:17 PM
If I set my Aux power levels to 65, or half of 130, I get a 57.3 damage increase and 38.2 DPS increase.

Doubling my power levels, you would think, would double my damage and DPS increase.

So, it's possible, at 130 power level, or +26 weapon training, kinetic damage, and energy damage, I would get ~114.6 damage increase and ~76.4 DPS increase.

Looking at my written notes from when I got the Omega +30 weapon training, I got a 65.2 damage increase and 43.5 DPS increase.

As expected, it's not quite double that of the Omega T2 Rep passive.
Captain
# 13
06-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
It does not, you can see for yourself on tribble. the nutella items are avilable for free on tribble for testing.
I'm on Tribble now, and I don't see where you can get them? It's not from the Reputation tab. I'm looking at unlocked passives, but locked tiers with 0 reputation experience.
Empire Veteran
# 14
06-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I'm on Tribble now, and I don't see where you can get them? It's not from the Reputation tab. I'm looking at unlocked passives, but locked tiers with 0 reputation experience.
Deep Space 9. Talk to one of the Omega Task Force guys standing just outside from that room.