Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 11
06-14-2013, 01:45 PM
my romulan fleet runs these missions with mixed rank fleet teams
And succeeds

because
we watch each others backs
we communicate
we do not warp out on each other

Fleet alerts and starbase defence etc should be for all ranks

VA's should stick to STF's if they want to be among only "super elite" types
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 861
# 12
06-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Simple answers

1 block all VA characters from public queues and scale for Captains

2 only allow fleet teams

3 only grant marks at all for those who are still there when the timer runs down , warp out get NOTHING
Blocking VAs wouldn't really make sense since it's a level 50 mission which is wrongly accessible by lower levels since the original Fleet Mark Event Week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
LOL at all you 'pros' complaining about an Easy level going wrong. if your so good, why are you in an easy level?

It's not the 'noobs' who shouldn't be there (it's where you learn the first steps), it's you.
Perhaps before calling us out, you should actually pay attention to what you're talking about. There is no 'normal' or 'elite' version for this mission, it's a one or none situation. The mission is for level 50 captains and was opened up to all levels during the Fleet Mark Event months ago, but they never put it back to only level 50s when the event ended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
The easiest solution to this is...


Have it level based like the normal pve's (I.e, if you are lvl 7 you get put in with a team of 1-10's and enemy's scaled to you) therefore you dont get underpowered ships trying to fight targets intended for max level characters. However, you could bypass this by creating a private instance, should you want to play with lower levels from your fleet.
Agreed, that would be the best solution as it doesn't take the mission away from the lower levels, but it stops us level 50s getting dragged down by ensigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
my romulan fleet runs these missions with mixed rank fleet teams
And succeeds

because
we watch each others backs
we communicate
we do not warp out on each other

Fleet alerts and starbase defence etc should be for all ranks

VA's should stick to STF's if they want to be among only "super elite" types

This has nothing to do with "super elite" bull crap. It's about the fact that this mission was designed for level 50 captains and they forgot to revert it back to that like all the others were successfully reverted.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 220
# 13
06-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Would be nice to get some level banding here.

Had one yesterday that just left me shaking my head.

Warp into base and see a TOS Connie and a Captain level Galaxy. We didn't make it past wave 3 lol. What left me shaking my head was not so much that they didn't have the firepower to kill things fast enough, it was that everyone else aside from me kept blowing up. Like constantly. Once wave 3 hit, I was literally the only one left alive for about a minute there. Obviously one fleet dhelan isn't going to work against a whole fleet of angry Nausicaans, so I backed off. The Connie and the Galaxy bum rushed the fleet immediately after respawn and died again.

At that point I just cloaked and chilled off to the side since we had about 1 minute left on the clock.

Haven't seen anything quite that bad before. And this isn't even an ESTF, just a normal easy fleet alert.

So yeah, level banding prz.
As much as I dislike being unevenly matched, if I had been in that fleet alert with you, you would have been the one I was most angry with.

I used my level 50 kdf rom sci captain the other night for the first time in fleet alert. Where I'm normally there with scatter volley, rapid fire, torp spread etc, I showed up with normal sci abilities this time. Sure enough, several low level players queued along with lower dps level 50's so we got behind early. I used gravity well but nobody would fire on those targets. I threw my limited heals around without receiving any, so I blew up twice where I normally don't at all. At about 2/3rds of the match gone, a rom player decided to cloak and watch not unlike what you mentioned. I fought to the end with honor. If I could have raided his/your ship and murdered you on your bridge I would have. I may not have the best gear, or greatest skill, but my honor is intact because I will never quit on my allies.
"That's fourxgamer. He's not joking. " ... Psycho Landlady

"Oh poo poo I didn't even realize the significance of the name." ...Donny Tryhard.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 14
06-14-2013, 02:41 PM
its not a level 50 mission

a Single level 50 can almost solo it
its basically a captain level op but it should be open to all Lower ranks

Fleet alerts were ALWAYS open to lower ranks (and if anyone is being gated out it should be those of us past level 40)

the common mistake that this stuff is "end game" is just that a mistake

when fleet alerts BEGAN I ran my first one at level 13
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,613
# 15
06-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
my romulan fleet runs these missions with mixed rank fleet teams
And succeeds

because
we watch each others backs
we communicate
we do not warp out on each other

Fleet alerts and starbase defence etc should be for all ranks

VA's should stick to STF's if they want to be among only "super elite" types
I communicate plenty saying "keep 5km away from named ship" and still fools go shooting cannons away straight at it as close as they can get. Plenty of fools out there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 162
# 16
06-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
its not a level 50 mission

a Single level 50 can almost solo it
its basically a captain level op but it should be open to all Lower ranks

Fleet alerts were ALWAYS open to lower ranks (and if anyone is being gated out it should be those of us past level 40)

the common mistake that this stuff is "end game" is just that a mistake

when fleet alerts BEGAN I ran my first one at level 13
Thank you, exactly as you say.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 162
# 17
06-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
I communicate plenty saying "keep 5km away from named ship" and still fools go shooting cannons away straight at it as close as they can get. Plenty of fools out there.
Perhaps the fool is the one who doesn't know the 5km rule was removed long ago.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 18
06-14-2013, 02:58 PM
the cannon armed guys can only really fight at 5kms
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,138
# 19
06-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
I communicate plenty saying "keep 5km away from named ship" and still fools go shooting cannons away straight at it as close as they can get. Plenty of fools out there.
Why would you want to do that? I always go in 2k range and never die and kill it fast.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,138
# 20
06-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
As much as I dislike being unevenly matched, if I had been in that fleet alert with you, you would have been the one I was most angry with.

I used my level 50 kdf rom sci captain the other night for the first time in fleet alert. Where I'm normally there with scatter volley, rapid fire, torp spread etc, I showed up with normal sci abilities this time. Sure enough, several low level players queued along with lower dps level 50's so we got behind early. I used gravity well but nobody would fire on those targets. I threw my limited heals around without receiving any, so I blew up twice where I normally don't at all. At about 2/3rds of the match gone, a rom player decided to cloak and watch not unlike what you mentioned. I fought to the end with honor. If I could have raided his/your ship and murdered you on your bridge I would have. I may not have the best gear, or greatest skill, but my honor is intact because I will never quit on my allies.
Ok so you expect him to solo the entire mission then? From the looks of your performance in a Fleet alert you wouldn't have been much help to him either and he would have ended up also having to carry you. If you are dying twice as a sci which is tankier then a tac escort you are the one people should be angry with, not someone who did make an honest effort to try at first then backed off realizing the situation was hopeless. I would have just warped out myself, no point in getting a 30 min lockout with no marks to show for it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:16 AM.