Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,005
# 31
06-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
and thats why no marks should be awarded at all until the event ends and the lock out should apply from warp in not warp out
and i would agree to this, if the event was level gated...

at the moment however it is not that way, so warping out and requeueing is the most efficent way to grind fleetmarks


i think cryptic won't change anything about this event, since this is a viable option to avoid fail grps, while still be able to earn a good amount of FM
as it is right now, you don't get penalised by the random chance of having weaker players in the grp.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 32
06-15-2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
at the moment however it is not that way, so warping out and requeueing is the most efficent way to grind fleetmarks.
I actually have members of my fleet who do that. They kill the first 4 waves, shortly thereafter they usually kill all but the actual siege ship, and then warp out followed by a re-queue. So they are being douches, but useful ones.

Personally, I just stick around and do the whole thing because it's fun slaughtering the siege ships.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 861
# 33
06-15-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
fleet alert is available from level 5 for federation (level 22 for klingons for some warped reason)
its a VERY easy mission for a team working together
if you can't complete this as a level 30 captain try turning on team cha
I ALWAYS use team chat you presumptuous eejit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I said "almost" solo
you can get as far as wave 4 all by yourself
Getting as far as wave four, without destroying the three previous waves, gets you nowhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
not everyone flys an escort
The average cruiser has 3- 5 times your survivability
Some cloaked ships can complete a wave without even being hit
Again with the presumptuous comments, I don't only fly escorts, I have 11 characters all at VA level, some of them fly cruisers, some science vessels and the minority are in escorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Call for back up
this is what operational assets are for
I use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
level 50's should be doing real level 50 content (colony invasion)
This is a level 50 mission and saying it isn't over and over again, will not make it any less a level 50 mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
can get 50 marks doing colony invasion a LOT easier and no lower ranks to get in your way
Perhaps you can, but if I only ran Colony invasion I'd have to wait half an hour between runs, I like a little bit of variety so I cycle through the mission list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
no it was raised to that because of moaning VA's
its a low level mission
the enemies always spawn in the same place at the same time in the same formation
A single large warship with torp spread 3 Bfaw and a singularity can swipe and wipe 50% of a wave in a single volley
that makes this a captain level mission
Wrong, the mission started out as only being accessible to level 50 Captains. I ran it several times with my fleet members the day it was released to gain fleet marks for our very first fleet project.
It was opened up to lower ranks during the original Fleet Mark Bonus week.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I have seen this mission beaten by a team of three captains in 6 and a half minutes
(admittedly on orions)
Joy for you. Orions happen to be the easiest enemy, but there is only a 1 in 6 chance of them being Orions.

I'm going to give up at this point because it's clear to me that you don't really care about facts you prefer just spouting presumptuous rubbish.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
# 34
06-15-2013, 07:07 AM
This whole thread is preposterous, it's a fleet defense mission it's meant to be a 'try to complete' mission. Basically what that means is it grants you the most rewards early on, 15 marks first, then proportionally less the more waves you do so by wave 4 you don't really get much for marks. If you can make it to wave 4 which honestly if you can't get to wave 4 as a single player you should just quit this game and go back to hello kitty online because ....well ...umm just lol @ that.

To be perfectly honest this mission is hilariously easy I can solo it on every single character I have(11 characters), sci/eng/tac doesn't matter. It's obviously much easier on a tac or a sci. That doesn't change the fact that it's perfectly solo-able to wave 6(approx 30 marks in only a few minutes) by anyone with a decent setup. So if you're failing at this because your teammates are less than lvl 50 or you can't make it to wave 6 by yourself... you obviously don't have atleast a decent build. You might consider doing a days research to correct that problem instead of whining about the fact that it's multi-level queue-able. I for one see no problem with it.

FYI I can solo fleet alert on my Sci T'Phyrr when she's flying a fleet nebula... sooo yeah not sure what you guys are doing wrong here...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,507
# 35
06-15-2013, 07:14 AM
You sure you're thinking of the right mission there? There's only 4 waves in Fleet Alerts, not 6.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
# 36
06-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Actually I need to add something even more hilarious to this post. I'd estimate that atleast 90% of the fleet alerts i've been in... the starbase out dps'd everyone in the match except me... LOL..... truly amazing.... fyi starbases with the exception of tier 5 starbases don't do much damage and even tier 5 bases only do about 3-6k dps tops.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
# 37
06-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Yeah yeah captain technicality. I got the right mission. 4 waves 8 groups.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
# 38
06-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Anyways, if you can't make it to atleast wave 3 solo.... well..... it's not good rofl.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 986
# 39
06-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Wow, the arrogance here is unbelievable. Lots of claims, little evidence. What I'm hearing boils down to this:

1) "I can solo the mission" - ...but by "solo the mission" we mean up to a certain point then fail the timer or bail out. That's just exploiting the fact it gives marks as you progress, and again exploiting the fact you don't get a CD timer until the siege wave.

2) "You need a better build" - The time honored cry of the forum twit. My builds are fine, thanks. Pretty much all the game's PvE content is too easy, and while I'm not a PvP god I'm quite competent there too. As for how awesome you are, well...

3) "ACT isn't an accurate representation" - No, it's not 100% accurate, nobody ever said it was. It is, however, better than shooting our mouths off with nothing but our sense of self superiority to back it up. It is at least some kind of data we can use as reference.

None of this is relevant to the topic at hand though. Here's the bottom line for this thread:

Fleet Alert is a level 50 VA mission. Currently it drops players as low as Lt. into VA instances. It doesn't matter whether some self aggrandizing forum trolls can solo it or not. Dropping low rank players into VA instances is fair neither to the VAs, nor to the low level players. All it needs is to separate instances by rank. Just like MOST OTHER QUEUES IN THE GAME. Doing so will not break the game, it will not ruin your fun, it will not take the mission away from lower rank players. So far I've heard no particular reason why we wouldn't want it.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 40
06-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
I ALWAYS use team chat you presumptuous eejit.
Then you can get to wave four on a captain ?
oh and using dialect rarely helps people have to look it up


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I said "almost" solo
you can get as far as wave 4 all by yourself

Getting as far as wave four, without destroying the three previous waves, gets you nowhere.
wave 4 only spawns when you clean out wave 3 which spawns when you clean out wave 2 which spawns when you clean out wave 1

Quote:

Again with the presumptuous comments, I don't only fly escorts, I have 11 characters all at VA level, some of them fly cruisers, some science vessels and the minority are in escorts.
Escorts are to ones who can't solo


Quote:
This is a level 50 mission and saying it isn't over and over again, will not make it any less a level 50 mission.
ok then "diplomatic orders" is a level 50 mission as well I suppose


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
can get 50 marks doing colony invasion a LOT easier and no lower ranks to get in your way

Perhaps you can, but if I only ran Colony invasion I'd have to wait half an hour between runs, I like a little bit of variety so I cycle through the mission list.
Colony invasion (15 mins)
Starbase incursion (15 mins)
Mine trap
and so on


Quote:
Wrong, the mission started out as only being accessible to level 50 Captains.
Riker

I ran it on my first DAY on a lt com

Quote:
I ran it several times with my fleet members the day it was released to gain fleet marks for our very first fleet project.
It was opened up to lower ranks during the original Fleet Mark Bonus week.
Long after I ran it as a lt com?
As I say Riker



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I have seen this mission beaten by a team of three captains in 6 and a half minutes
(admittedly on orions)

Joy for you. Orions happen to be the easiest enemy, but there is only a 1 in 6 chance of them being Orions.
not even that good

Borg , tholians , undine , romulan , klingons , orions , gorn , nausicans

Quote:
I'm going to give up at this point because it's clear to me that you don't really care about facts you prefer just spouting presumptuous rubbish.
At no point have I claimed its a VA mission or that its not do able with a low level team

Quote:

1) "I can solo the mission" - ...but by "solo the mission" we mean up to a certain point then fail the timer or bail out. That's just exploiting the fact it gives marks as you progress, and again exploiting the fact you don't get a CD timer until the siege wave.
you can't solo the last bit unless you get orions AND still have your op asset available


Quote:
3) "ACT isn't an accurate representation" - No, it's not 100% accurate, nobody ever said it was. It is, however, better than shooting our mouths off with nothing but our sense of self superiority to back it up. It is at least some kind of data we can use as reference.

use the combat reporter in chat window maybe
but even its not that accurate sometimes


Quote:
Fleet Alert is a level 50 VA mission.
no thats one thing its not

if it were there would be ONE wave of VA level ships (say twenty as powerful as the named ship)

Quote:
Currently it drops players as low as Lt. into VA instances
it drops VA's into Captain instances

.
Quote:
It doesn't matter whether some self aggrandizing forum trolls can solo it or not. Dropping low rank players into VA instances is fair neither to the VAs, nor to the low level players. All it needs is to separate instances by rank. Just like MOST OTHER QUEUES IN THE GAME. Doing so will not break the game, it will not ruin your fun, it will not take the mission away from lower rank players. So far I've heard no particular reason why we wouldn't want it.
oh I agree

level 40 and under get fleet alert
higher levels (like me ) get gated out
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.