Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 41
06-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm still not understanding why you think it's a Captain instance. It spawns ships around Lv. 50. In captain instances they'd be at most 40 or so. I think you're conflating the level of the instance with its difficulty. It's a Lv. 50 instance with an easy difficulty. If the devs intended it to be hard, they'd have more battleships/dreadnaughts coming in as you said. The fact that the mission was designed with low difficulty doesn't change that its level is 50, and it's inappropriate to drop Captains and lower in there.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the current mission design scaled down to level 40 and used as the Captain level of the queue. Meanwhile, RA and VA get a version of the mission with more battleships and an appropriately higher reward. That, or a separate "Elite" version of it. Either way would make it more challenging. Most of the time I'm just bumming around in there to get some quick easy marks and not even bothering to fight all out. 5 average VAs can indeed completely faceroll that mission.
Captain
# 42
06-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
I'm still not understanding why you think it's a Captain instance...
there is nothing to understand...he is trollvax, with an opposed opinion to anything, offended by everything. Just be glad your brain is not on the same frequenzy...
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 06-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
06-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
I'm still not understanding why you think it's a Captain instance.
because its too easy for a RA level mission

Quote:
It spawns ships around Lv. 50. In captain instances they'd be at most 40 or so. I think you're conflating the level of the instance with its difficulty. It's a Lv. 50 instance with an easy difficulty. If the devs intended it to be hard, they'd have more battleships/dreadnaughts coming in as you said.
or given them Some AI

Quote:
The fact that the mission was designed with low difficulty doesn't change that its level is 50, and it's inappropriate to drop Captains and lower in there.
its even more inappropriate to push out the people who make up most fleets from a FLEET mission

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the current mission design scaled down to level 40 and used as the Captain level of the queue. Meanwhile, RA and VA get a version of the mission with more battleships and an appropriately higher reward.
surely a lower reward?
RA and above have no need what so ever for marks when in most fleets
lower ranks get marks (which are free) higher ranks work for dilithium and other things

Quote:
That, or a separate "Elite" version of it. Either way would make it more challenging. Most of the time I'm just bumming around in there to get some quick easy marks and not even bothering to fight all out. 5 average VAs can indeed completely faceroll that mission.
frankly 2 or more captains can do it all the way if they are any good

on the other hand
An elite version for VA's (Stawith a higher reward) might be
Starbase destroyed NO reward mission failure
Starbase survives full reward (say a straight 50 marks)
Starbase survives above 75% hull a bonus reward (perhaps an extra 25 marks)
Career Officer
# 44
06-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
total rubbish not worth reading
You're actually an idiot and I've no interest in furthering a discussion with you.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 45
06-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
You're actually an idiot and I've no interest in furthering a discussion with you.
Honestly, you're better off this way. Sollvax lives in an alternate reality where nothing makes any sense at all. It's best to just ignore anything he says.
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-17-2013, 06:03 AM
The bonus marks weekends seem to bring out the best in the worst on this game, but I think the Fleet Alert really needs to be tweaked so there is a version for everyone, sort of how you can go into Starbase 24 and contribute even when you are a low level. As it currently stands, really anyone below Captain'ish really gimps the mission since they just can't keep up with the team in terms of DPS or getting blown up often and it just winds up bogging down the whole thing.

I spent the majority of this weekend cursing at the monitor at the number of nOObs that came out of the woodwork for this event who have seemingly never run a Colony Invasion, Fleet Alert, or STF. It was mind numbing to see how bad some of these teams were.

That having been said I do think lower level fleet members do need a fleet alert they can participate in, because everyone wants to contribute to the fleet(at least I would hope they do) and either adding fleet marks in to Starbase 24 or tweaking the current Fleet Alert to having a level 1-30 version or something would be pretty helpful.
Career Officer
# 47
06-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. The amount of people in TOS Connies trying to do fleet alerts was staggering. It seemed like every other alert I did had a Connie. It was even more annoying when one of the Connies decided to tag a few ships and then fly away from getting shot up, causing the ships to chase him. Of course that meant that the rest of us had to fly all over the map to kill those ships so that the wave would end. No fun man.
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 48
06-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Did you check those Connie players to make sure they were actually Lieutenants and not just VA griefers? I've certainly seen that before.

As to the high newbie ratio, I've been seeing that to an extent ever since LoR launched. We got a lot of new players, which is great for the game. There's going to be an adjustment period though where the influx of new players is bringing down the average PUG skill level. Sucks for those of us who got used to running content with near clockwork precision even with PUGs, but we just need to be patient.
Career Officer
# 49
06-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Honestly, I didn't check. Every time I see a Connie I just think "bleh" and then do what I can to shoot everything as fast as I can lol.
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009