Career Officer
# 331
06-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Glad it was offered, but too many are complaining it isn't giving the Awards. (sigh) That's fine,if it did work, it would be a AFK, leech fest anyway.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Captain
# 332
06-15-2013, 06:49 PM
it was working til the 3 hour bonus and it stopped afterwards
Captain
# 333
06-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Mine never worked. It's sad that it's day three and the event still isn't working and they still have it on the main page.

This is why i said they need to focus on fixing what's broken rather than covering for it with an event like this.

They really should address this publicly as well as take the notice off the main page.

At least Branflakes was cool enough to check in and ask around a little before going quiet on it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 334
06-15-2013, 11:34 PM
For an optional event that doesn't in any way, shape, or form, detract from the capacity to play Star Trek Online (except for removing the possibility of us all earning marks a little faster and being stuck with the normal schedule of things), there really is a lot of angst in this thread.

People rowing about whether Cryptic's being dishonest with their players and deciding not to fix the problem or make any amends..

People clamoring about losing money...MONEY...as if this is a breach of contract with subscribers...

Let's all take a nice deep breath of objectivity. It was an event. It didn't work due to a fault of some sort (wouldn't be the first time, either!). You are still able to play STO. They may redo it at a later date.

Have some tea. Calm down. And let's see how this gets resolved.

...Oh who'm I kiddin'? Some of the folk here are only skimming for retorts to their side of their arguments so they can reply ad nauseam.

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Ensign
# 335
06-16-2013, 03:04 AM
well that was a non event
Ensign
# 336
06-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Well, i have played lot of mmo games, but this is first time when game company is cleary telling to players bull**** about event. This event dont work, they dont even try to fix it and all they do is to feed us players more bull**** to eat. What a pile of liars.
Lt. Commander
# 337
06-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
For an optional event that doesn't in any way, shape, or form, detract from the capacity to play Star Trek Online (except for removing the possibility of us all earning marks a little faster and being stuck with the normal schedule of things), there really is a lot of angst in this thread.

People rowing about whether Cryptic's being dishonest with their players and deciding not to fix the problem or make any amends..

People clamoring about losing money...MONEY...as if this is a breach of contract with subscribers...

Let's all take a nice deep breath of objectivity. It was an event. It didn't work due to a fault of some sort (wouldn't be the first time, either!). You are still able to play STO. They may redo it at a later date.

Have some tea. Calm down. And let's see how this gets resolved.

...Oh who'm I kiddin'? Some of the folk here are only skimming for retorts to their side of their arguments so they can reply ad nauseam.
I don't know how people like you who love apologizing on behalf of cryptic for every screw up they make in name of objectivity are any better than you label as whiners? not like you bring anything to the table.
SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1610s)
Lt. Commander
# 338
06-16-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
Can you name a single thing the devs have handled competently?
Lock boxes?
SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1610s)
Career Officer
# 339 Extra marks? Where exactly?
06-16-2013, 05:56 AM
I don't know about other people, but I didn't get any extra marks. I needed 21 omega marks to complete a project, did the Cure Found on Normal difficulty and only got 19 marks: 15 as the standard reward, 4 for completing the optional. So where are those extra marks?

Great, now I can fly all the way to Defera for those two marks i should've gotten. Just a hint: if you're announcing an event that rewards extra marks, it would be nice if the event actually awarded extra marks. Something that shouldn't have to be explained, but apparantly common sense isn't that common in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 340
06-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Been doing Fed. fleet alerts all weekend. I've been getting 47 marks each time. I get 52 during the 3 hour event and 47 when the event ends. = broke. You'd think they'd have a guy at Crypic who could simply run 1 of these fleet alerts and see that it's broke. At least take it off of the front page of the website...Apparently, there's nobody at the office this weekend...
Closed Thread