Captain
I've seen pictures of people having their boffs behind them on the character select screen. However, they don't show up for me. For my main character at least, it also almost always shows him in the first uniform in the list, not the one I'm currently wearing.

Am I missing something? Is it a bug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 2
06-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
I've seen pictures of people having their boffs behind them on the character select screen. However, they don't show up for me. For my main character at least, it also almost always shows him in the first uniform in the list, not the one I'm currently wearing.

Am I missing something? Is it a bug?
The Character select screen should show your character, and what ever Boffs you have assigned as "Away Team" members (under the "Stations" tab of your character window. If you haven't actually selected/assigned "Away Team" Boffs in that area, no Boffs will appear beside you on the character select screen.

If you have assigned Boffs there, and they're still not showing, then yes, it's a bug.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 3
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
How about the wrong ship showing? Half the time its my shuttle instead of my starship. This is unacceptable with or without my meds.
Captain
# 4
06-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
The Character select screen should show your character, and what ever Boffs you have assigned as "Away Team" members (under the "Stations" tab of your character window. If you haven't actually selected/assigned "Away Team" Boffs in that area, no Boffs will appear beside you on the character select screen.

If you have assigned Boffs there, and they're still not showing, then yes, it's a bug.
Should and does is 2 different animals. my main has had an away team setup since i got the first BOFF but he was the last to have them show on the character select screen. It is just another bug like havibng your shuttle in place of the actual ship or the legs of the player where the ship should be.
Captain
# 5
06-13-2013, 04:46 AM
I was having this happen to my Rihan character, from the very strat. Once I customized bridge officer outfits, they finally started appearing. So maybe visiting a tailor, and playing around with what your boffs wear, will pop them up on the character select screen, alongside their captain, for you as well.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Captain
# 6
06-13-2013, 09:55 AM
I selected the standard away team thing and now they're appearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Rihannsu
# 7
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
I noticed that, for me at least, if I logged off from a character from on my bridge, it seems to show the shuttle when I log back on the next time. Not sure how true that relationship is though.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 8
06-13-2013, 10:26 AM
It's pretty random, actually. It seems as if it has some defaults, then loads in the other info. So if it fails to load stuff, you may end up with the first costume in your list, or no boffs, or the wrong ship, etc.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING