Captain
# 1 Photons vs Trannies
07-27-2013, 02:53 PM
With Projectile DOffs and Photons, you can literally consistently fire 1 off every second.

Thanks to this awesome CD advantage, how long would a match have to be in order for these to outdamage Trannies, all things being equal (no Breen set)/would it be worth to run a full Photon boat over a full Tranny boat for damage?

I'm calling upon you, math wizards!
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Gee I hope the photons win.
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-27-2013, 03:27 PM
trans torps do harmless damage. the mines and mines from the breen torp, you notice when you get hit by those. shields have an average of 85% damage resistance to knetic, fireing any torp at them is useless with out the what, 80% penetration mines have?

anyway, that built in resistance makes torps useless, especially when BO exists not having the shield damage issue.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 4
07-27-2013, 03:38 PM
In PvP trany torp is going to win every time... in PvE photon will win by a mile.

As far as people that claim they do tickle dmg... they are very very wrong.

Having said that if you are going to run Tranny torps with no consoles... and no other Torp +dmg buff gear... you might as well run another torp. There base dmg is stupid low... in order to make them an effective weapon you NEED to min max the heck out of them.

My Ultimate torp boat puts there base dmg up to just a hair under 7k base.... yes that is going to not be tickle dmg. If I preload and fire 2 spread 3 patterns with alpha up on that... well I have killed carriers with well timed triple spreads from 100%... that's not tickling.

Min Max them or go home though.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 07-27-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Captain
# 5
07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Based on the title ... my first thought was ... uh oh ... some bad holodeck RPing thread and I was going to suggest it be moved to the RP forum ... or some fleet forum PvP ... um nm.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Not much of a PvPer, but in PvE - using the trans cluster torps from Breen combined with gravity well, tetryong and various other placating skills will give you massive AoE damage. When one ships dies, it'll create a cascading affect that'll keep going if you fire at will and launch full spread torps.. if you can do both.

It's quite the awesome tactic against mobs of npcs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-27-2013, 03:50 PM
The imagery this thread title suggests is beyond hilarious, It's going to get a lot of hits from the curious....
Captain
# 8
07-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1051 View Post
The imagery this thread title suggests is beyond hilarious, It's going to get a lot of hits from the curious....
Yeah, OP's actual topic is rather anti climatic tbh.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 9
07-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
In PvP trany torp is going to win every time... in PvE photon will win by a mile.

Having said that if you are going to run Tranny torps with no consoles... and no other Torp +dmg buff gear... you might as well run another torp. There base dmg is stupid low... in order to make them an effective weapon you NEED to min max the heck out of them.

My Ultimate torp boat puts there base dmg up to just a hair under 7k base.... yes that is going to not be tickle dmg. If I preload and fire 2 spread 3 patterns with alpha up on that... well I have killed carriers with well timed triple spreads from 100%... that's not tickling.

I'm running 3x Transphasic Compressor Mk XII with the Rule 62 console to boost them on a Wells.

I'd do the same with the Photons, 3x console + Rule 62. I'm trying to figure out if the higher base damage/rate of fire will overcome the lack of increased bleedthrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
trans torps do harmless damage. the mines and mines from the breen torp, you notice when you get hit by those. shields have an average of 85% damage resistance to knetic, fireing any torp at them is useless with out the what, 80% penetration mines have?

anyway, that built in resistance makes torps useless, especially when BO exists not having the shield damage issue.
I actually get most of my damage from the Tranny torps. The BTCT is too situtational to always be counted for my damage with my build; I only really effectively fire it off once every minute or so when I'm making an EWP strafing run.

They do 'tickle' damage to most (though some people just really get eaten away by them, it's kind of funny), but it adds up over time.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 10
07-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post

As he said you can do major dmg but you have to max for trans torps - the following shot is of a C/H on my Fed side Reman Sci Fleet T'Varo Trans torp boat - 3rd from the top - Tala

700k in dmg

Still I would like them to increase the bleed through to 60% on trans torps

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5338/9cjq.png