Captain
# 101
07-24-2013, 04:38 PM
My main for Ground is an Engineer, but i play with all the classes in PvP.

If you want to be good at something you need to know your enemy and the best way of knowing your enemy is becoming them.

So from time to time I roll as a Tact or Sci, and i see "oh i can do that" or "crap i can't do that".
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 102
07-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb64 View Post
the tac with more security team doffs will win xDD

dont Forget you can stack 2 ambush doffs by changing kits <.<
You do realize that Kit Swiching is consered an exploit as it was not intended to gain max dps by just swapping kits. lier you call me? Complainer you call me? Well look here, there is offical dev responce on this just issue stating that it is indeed a exploit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Kit swapping is probably not long for this world. We're not sure exactly how we're going to fix it, but it's an unintuitive mechanic that creates a large performance gap between those in the know and those playing the game the intended way.
Hey look i even put it in red for you too see it

and proof that i didnt just make this up, here is the link it came from

Kit Swapping is not the intended Way (AKA Exploit)
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 103
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
We need the Borticus magic wand to see Ground PvP fixed once and for all, just like 6 months back.

Just fix the Knockback and Kit Switching, the rest of the crap can wait for the PvP Season, if that is ever going to happen.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by mrkollins; 07-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Commander
# 104
07-24-2013, 05:01 PM
and the stasis pistol exploit >.< yes that would be enough for me untill that pvp season
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Empire Veteran
# 105
07-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I somewhat Agree with the OP... Kit powers take far too long to use. Why bother clicking on powers when you can mow down everything far better just hitting the firing button repeatedly?

The other problem is that ground movement has always seemed rather clunky. Too easy to run into things and the like.
Commander
# 106
07-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
I somewhat Agree with the OP... Kit powers take far too long to use. Why bother clicking on powers when you can mow down everything far better just hitting the firing button repeatedly?

The other problem is that ground movement has always seemed rather clunky. Too easy to run into things and the like.
I set up all my heals on the bottom tray so when I'm in a healing role, I don't have to hope that the CTRL or ALT key will be registered and not set the heal off. When I'm in tanking mode, I have all my heals, Tricorder Scan, and both primary and secondary fire set to my number home row. This way, if I'm in a healing role I can still fire with my number pad 1 (which does not have any bind on it) and not blow a heal, and use my number pad to toss heals on teammates. Clicking on powers is way to slow and you will die doing that. Hammer has invited numerous people to our mumble server to run in teams with us. We're not perfect, but just by the amount of trash talk towards us on the forums, we must be doing something right.

As for running into things, yes, that's true sometimes. That tends to come from lag for me. But you also learn to use your surroundings to take cover and get a flank shot.

@ZeusNCC1701 in game.
--
Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron

Last edited by suuperduude; 07-25-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Commander
# 107
07-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
We need the Borticus magic wand to see Ground PvP fixed once and for all, just like 6 months back.

Just fix the Knockback and Kit Switching, the rest of the crap can wait for the PvP Season, if that is ever going to happen.
Borticus says we are wrong about the Knockback and it is working as intended. That's right. The whole community is wrong on how it works. It's supposed to knock you back less distance, as opposed to giving you an immunity. As you quoted him saying here.
--
Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
Commander
# 108
07-25-2013, 09:10 AM
wrong, if willpower and resistances causes the knock to be weaker, it means it will be even easier for the oponent to knock you back again the more willpower you have. since you will be closer to the opponent exploiting you. anyway, the thing here is that you cant use skills or hypos once you are beeing exploited
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Career Officer
# 109
07-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suuperduude View Post
Borticus says we are wrong about the Knockback and it is working as intended. That's right. The whole community is wrong on how it works. It's supposed to knock you back less distance, as opposed to giving you an immunity. As you quoted him saying here.
Maybe we would have got a better answer if pug wouldn't had put the video about that one serious bug between videos about random stuff he wants nerfed or ones were he obviously didn't understood how resistances work.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Captain
# 110
07-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Been checking ground pvp queue every day and its dead, probably due to KB bug, and new doffs, more dead then when the Cryo launcher used to be OP. I just wait 5 min or so then log my space characters back on.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions