Lieutenant
# 1 STFs Harder?
06-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I hadn't done any STF since the expansion because I just leveled up my new Romulan doing story missions. But today I queued up for a few. I did Federation Fleet Alert twice and Infected Conduit (Elite) twice.

Both of the fleet alerts failed and one of the infected conduits. The second conduit took far far longer than I expected. The usual 10% strategy didn't work because the nanite spheres seemed to be faster and in greater number. As a result we spent a very long time just fighting them and lost the optional.

My question is, have things been changed with these or was this just one of those days?
Career Officer
# 2
06-12-2013, 05:26 PM
The recent EptX changes have resulted in the spheres constantly spamming them and running away. They don't really fight much anymore, just run all over the place. So unless your team has some snares, more time will be wasted just chasing the bastards down. Other than that, not much has changed.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Lieutenant
# 3
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I did Elite Conduit runs a few times after the expansion and won the bonus on all of them. Out of these (I think I ran it about five times), I only died once, so I don't think the difficulty changed at all. Did you maybe change your build or something?
Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders."
Lieutenant
# 4
06-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Ok, that seems like what I was experiencing. Glad I am not losing my mind (or am ?)
Captain
# 5
06-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Blame the reputation system. All STF got a significant boost because of the abilities gained from the reputations.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Career Officer
# 6
06-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdansot View Post
Ok, that seems like what I was experiencing. Glad I am not losing my mind (or am ?)
Don't worry, it's not you. It's them that've lost it in certain areas.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Lieutenant
# 7
06-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdoman1 View Post
I did Elite Conduit runs a few times after the expansion and won the bonus on all of them. Out of these (I think I ran it about five times), I only died once, so I don't think the difficulty changed at all. Did you maybe change your build or something?
Yes I am on a weaker build as far as gear but otherwise very similar to my reference build. No fleet weapons or omega stuff. It definitely felt different!
Captain
# 8
06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
The recent EptX changes have resulted in the spheres constantly spamming them and running away. They don't really fight much anymore, just run all over the place. So unless your team has some snares, more time will be wasted just chasing the bastards down. Other than that, not much has changed.
Like cockroaches when the lights are turned on...they...SCATTER!

It's kind of funny, but also kind of annoying. At the same time, in things like ISE..they're going to make a break for the Gate. Thus, folks chasing them will be engaged by the Gate. It's kind of funny watching folks get popped that way.

Willard the Rat, Klingon Science Officer

Swordsman has a bounce to it...
Career Officer
# 9
06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdansot View Post
Yes I am on a weaker build as far as gear but otherwise very similar to my reference build. No fleet weapons or omega stuff. It definitely felt different!
I think it's fair to say here that despite the increase in difficulty, you can still run Space STFs in normal (non-fleet or Rep) gear and still get by. If you know your ship and what you're capable of, and the tactics for the mission, you can get by.

I run ESTFs all the time on my KDF Sci, who has no Space Rep gear. And only half-decent weapons - nothing above Mk XI rare, depending on the ship.

Now, ground. Ground is a bit different, in my experience.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Lieutenant
# 10
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
Now, ground. Ground is a bit different, in my experience.
I avoid ground missions as a policy