Ensign
# 1 Finally I can post
06-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Yeah so I get to level 50 and finally get to post in the Academy section! I have figured out most stuff already, since i'm here though, I'm totally stuck on the assimilate mission. The undine boss is impossible to kill with my boffs and myself with decent XI gear and the whole room of borg aggros me as I enter. What am I doing wrong? Never died this much throughout the game so far
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
06-13-2013, 07:06 AM
The trick in that room is to not run in. Hang out in the hallway where you beam in, put your boffs on waypoints, spawn any pets you can (this is the first mission where you can really see how crazy a team packed with engineers with nothing but turret and drone powers can be), and then go out yourself, tag the nearest Borg, and retreat back to your group. As you have a larger open area to work in you can move out and set up in the corner or behind some scenery. You particularly want to clear along the bottom wall and the center of the map, so when the boss spawns you'll have an open area to fight it in.

The fight's not difficult at all if you're not constantly pulling in more enemies, but if you're keeping your boffs with you and fighting in the open room you're sure to be doing that.
Captain
# 3
06-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
put your boffs on waypoints
I want to emphasize this point because otherwise your crew of idiots will pull aggro from every Borg on the cube if you don't.