Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Neverwinter and STO
06-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I personally really like Neverwinter. It is the only other MMO I play other than STO (Which I love!)

One thing I must praise, are the maps in Neverwinter. Some are extraordinary, and I am only level 9! I like the detail on the houses, and I am doing this sewer mission, I like some of the small details, like water running to the floor, and the planks of wood not being perfect planks, but rotten, damaged, irregular planks.

It would be nice if ground maps on STO had the same "ooooo" that Neverwinter has ...

Would that be possible [do you think] in STO, and what maps would you do with loads of details.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 2
06-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Odd, I really hate "nwn".

And I say "nwn" because they say it has nothing to do with the games nwn, which were okay for the most parts albeit not without problems but worth playing.
They copied the classe, the races, the city, the font and the name - "but it's NOT nwn".
Already at that point you know you are in trouble.

The main things I hate:

* The laughable character customization compared to anything but of course also sto.
* No camera angles. You simply cannot change the camera, not even zoom when actually playing (only when paused).
* Can't walk, can't run.
* Seeing them kill ever nwn class and ability we've known for 10 years.
* Having 2 spells on my bar - where is all my stuff? (you used to have 10x10x3 slots9, plus you could right click the screen and simply drag drop or active abilities.
* Not being able to move and attack but being locked in cement - that along with the locked camera just makes it feel wtf.
* Having 100,000 players with everyone having the exact same weapon skin as everyone else from level 0 till the server goes offline one day.

All in all "nwn" is the most laughable pathetic release I've seen in a LONG time.
The game is litterly so poor it makes me angry playing it.

And it doesn't help know about STO and seeing everything missing in nwn being right here in our game.

In "nwn", you can't even equip a new weapon... seriously that game has some major problems.

Don't know if they play on releasing the actual game on their "zen" store or what but right now everything is missing...
Captain
# 3
06-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Odd, I really hate "nwn".

And I say "nwn" because they say it has nothing to do with the games nwn,
NWN was 3rd edition D&D. Neverwinter is 4th edition.

NWN was a RTWP RPG. Neverwinter is an action MMORPG.

Of course they're different.

Last edited by elessym; 06-13-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Lieutenant
# 4
06-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Actually it is Neverwinter. Don't like it, go elsewhere. Yes you can get other weapons as I had a mace on my rogue. Actually the skill system is good. Why would you want a skill that does less damage on your skill bar than your current one.
Career Officer
# 5
06-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
The game is litterly so poor it makes me angry playing it.
You and me both.

I could sit here and rant about how much I hate NW all day long. However instead of getting myself banned for the amount of cursing I would use, I'll just leave it at this:

I sincerely hope that absolutely nothing from NW, in any capacity, ever makes it's way to STO.

I know we already got their weird customization menus, but let's leave it there.

STO needs to be STO and not NW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoric View Post
Actually it is Neverwinter. Don't like it, go elsewhere.
Oh you mean like a forum dedicated to Star Trek Online? Yeah we really should go elsewhere like that.

Oh wait.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 6
06-13-2013, 09:55 AM
In nwn, the real one, how many weapon types did you have?

Whereas in "nwn" you 1 weapon skin and the exact same animation throughout the entire game.

It's just an example of all the stuff missing though. Another is no camera angles, no walk function and no running function.

And of course coming from a game that had 10x10x3 open slots for items, emotes and abilities, leaving you with 2 spells and no more slots than can fit a joypad just isn't good enough.

Just like all the classes and races are missing.

Sometimes you can say it's subjective if a product is good enough or not. "nwn" is not one of those, it's just factual and objectively poor.

Did they get delayed or plan to actual sell the real game through the "zen" store over time? That just might be the case but as of right now even the elementary is missing.
Captain
# 7
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
DDO is a D&D game.
NWO is a MMORPG, loosely based on D&D.

I personally dislike NWO, and find it really ugly. I don't say STO is a piece of art, it start to show his age, but honestly, I take STO over NWO any day.
You seems to be new in the gaming world, the rotten plank on the ground and stuff like that are in videogames since a while, there were already there when I played 2D games on my old Amstrad.
Commander
# 8
06-13-2013, 10:19 AM
STO's focus isn't ground combat though, it's space travel. Just like the TV show.

If you want to get beautiful environments they should start on the space maps. In sector space add real cosmic landmarks like the Horse-head nebula, you can find pictures of those on NASA's site.

Ground combat and maps are the red-headed stepchild of STO, and PVP is it's retarded cousin's sister's next door neighbor's dog's thing it dug up in the backyard.
Captain
# 9
06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
leaving you with 2 spells and no more slots than can fit a joypad
You keep saying this. What game are you playing?

Neverwinter has dozens of abilities per class, and part of the strategy is deciding which of them to go into battle with.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
You keep saying this. What game are you playing?

Neverwinter has dozens of abilities per class, and part of the strategy is deciding which of them to go into battle with.
And yet has has no qualms hitting spacebar repeatedly in space combat and hitting 2 buttons in ground combat.

People are often biased when it comes to playing favorites with MMOS of their choice.
SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1610s)