I personally really like Neverwinter. It is the only other MMO I play other than STO (Which I love!)
One thing I must praise, are the maps in Neverwinter. Some are extraordinary, and I am only level 9! I like the detail on the houses, and I am doing this sewer mission, I like some of the small details, like water running to the floor, and the planks of wood not being perfect planks, but rotten, damaged, irregular planks.
It would be nice if ground maps on STO had the same "ooooo" that Neverwinter has ...
Would that be possible [do you think] in STO, and what maps would you do with loads of details.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.
And I say "nwn" because they say it has nothing to do with the games nwn, which were okay for the most parts albeit not without problems but worth playing.
They copied the classe, the races, the city, the font and the name - "but it's NOT nwn".
Already at that point you know you are in trouble.
The main things I hate:
* The laughable character customization compared to anything but of course also sto.
* No camera angles. You simply cannot change the camera, not even zoom when actually playing (only when paused).
* Can't walk, can't run.
* Seeing them kill ever nwn class and ability we've known for 10 years.
* Having 2 spells on my bar - where is all my stuff? (you used to have 10x10x3 slots9, plus you could right click the screen and simply drag drop or active abilities.
* Not being able to move and attack but being locked in cement - that along with the locked camera just makes it feel wtf.
* Having 100,000 players with everyone having the exact same weapon skin as everyone else from level 0 till the server goes offline one day.
All in all "nwn" is the most laughable pathetic release I've seen in a LONG time.
The game is litterly so poor it makes me angry playing it.
And it doesn't help know about STO and seeing everything missing in nwn being right here in our game.
In "nwn", you can't even equip a new weapon... seriously that game has some major problems.
Don't know if they play on releasing the actual game on their "zen" store or what but right now everything is missing...
Actually it is Neverwinter. Don't like it, go elsewhere. Yes you can get other weapons as I had a mace on my rogue. Actually the skill system is good. Why would you want a skill that does less damage on your skill bar than your current one.
DDO is a D&D game.
NWO is a MMORPG, loosely based on D&D.
I personally dislike NWO, and find it really ugly. I don't say STO is a piece of art, it start to show his age, but honestly, I take STO over NWO any day.
You seems to be new in the gaming world, the rotten plank on the ground and stuff like that are in videogames since a while, there were already there when I played 2D games on my old Amstrad.