Ensign
# 1 Lifetime Subscription Taxation
06-13-2013, 10:44 AM
So I was about to buy a Lifetime subscription earlier today via PayPal, but on checkout i learn that the transaction was subject to tax, upping the price by nearly ?20, putting it just out of my price range right now with my disposable income after bills, boarding, food/drink, etc...

So just how does this taxation work? Is it because I use PayPal? Or is this taxation mandatory for all purchases from perfect world? Is there a payment method not subject to tax? I live in England.

Last edited by masterproteus; 06-13-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
06-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterproteus View Post
So I was about to buy a Lifetime subscription earlier today via PayPal, but on checkout i learn that the transaction was subject to tax, upping the price by nearly ?20, putting it just out of my price range right now with my disposable income after bills, boarding, food/drink, etc...

So just how does this taxation work? Is it because I use PayPal? Or is this taxation mandatory for all purchases from perfect world? I live in England
That's probably the VAT (Value Added Tax) put in place by the EU:

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...how_vat_works/

(I live in the U.S. so we have our own form of internet taxation of purchases depending on the state); but that's what you're seeing added; and it's added to any purchases made as I understand it.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
# 3
06-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I see, thank you for the reply. Guess I will not be getting a discount Lifetime sub this time around then.