Lieutenant
# 11
06-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Sometimes its not about damage, sometimes its about what your weapons do. I love Phased Tetryon because their combined procs are pure awesome. However, Anti-Proton is the best for damage if you crit often, if not then disruptors are king.
-ZT Strike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapyroth View Post
"Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer ass off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!"
Commander
# 12
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
No, there is more to being a Proton / Electron than charge. There is also mass, Protons are far larger.

Relative mass:

Neutron = 1
Proton = 0.99862349
Electron = 0.00054386734
Ah this makes perfect sense. Also, I didn't realise they were basing the theory of the damage caused off of anti-matter reactions to matter. Thanks for that all.

Quote:
AP doesn't give 25% crit. It gives 20% crit severity. Thats a huge difference.
I must have misread the tool tip, you're right, that's significantly different. This alone requires a rethink on my part.

Quote:
Disruptor add a debuff, which increase the damage of the whole team.
So if one person has it, all get the benefit? I don't suppose this stacks if. for example, 2 people on a team are both using disruptors?

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Career Officer
# 13
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruminate00 View Post
AP doesn't give 25% crit. It gives 20% crit severity. Thats a huge difference.

And that's exactly why they are so good.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 14
06-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
So if one person has it, all get the benefit? I don't suppose this stacks if. for example, 2 people on a team are both using disruptors?
Yes, disruptor procs can stack. You don't even need different players to make it happen.
Republic Veteran
# 15
06-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
And that's exactly why they are so good.
you still have to crit inorder for AP's to make a major difference. some poeple like having balanced builds rather than "make me crit like mad so that when someone shoots at me i die quickly if they dont die first."
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 16
06-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
you still have to crit inorder for AP's to make a major difference. some poeple like having balanced builds rather than "make me crit like mad so that when someone shoots at me i die quickly if they dont die first."
Given the way STO's stats work, there's next to no downside to building for crit.
Republic Veteran
# 17
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
personally, i believe it depends on the ship. jem ships should they choose to use the jem hadar space set, benifit the most from advanced fleet polarons or the polaron special item pack hybrid weapons.

kumari line of ships do best when focusing on phasers if you chose to utilize the consoles.

other ships whatever they want.

also i think some of the romulan ship consoles lean towards plasma damage of course.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 18
06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
So are you saying that you really don't understand how the math on that works? If you honestly don't understand it I'll explain it, but if you're just being a **** please move on.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Rihannsu
# 19
06-13-2013, 12:31 PM
The difference I see between AP and Disruptors is the proc chance. Disruptors only proc 2.5% of the time. AP's bonus, the +25% Crit Severity, procs whenever you crit. It's not unusual these days to have a base crit chance of 10%. Add in additional chance from weapon tags, Accuracy spillover, abilities like APA, etc. and you're looking to get that AP proc 20% of the time or more. That's near ten times more often!

Still... Disruptor procs do last a while (10-15s?), help every member of your team, and stack. So if you do group missions and you can all focus fire, that debuff begins to look pretty sexy (especially combined with one or more stacks of APB).

It's really your call on your playstyle.

My main tac, who does have a pretty decent Crit-build, uses the Romulan Plasmas. They have both the Plasma DoT and the Disruptor proc, and I can use four Tac Consoles and two Sci consoles to buff them.

I've another tac, in a DPS BoP with an even higher base crit chance, shes uses AP. The crit numbers that roll up on her targets are rather spectacular.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 20
06-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
First off, would not 'anti-proton,' by definition, simply be electron?
No. No it wouldn't be.

"Second star on the right, and straight on till morning."

U.S.S. Weatherlight