Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 241
01-31-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallaballa
I demand action from Cryptic!!!
Why don't you even say a single word about this concern. Can't you see that loads of your buyers are experiencing game ruining experiences due to bad programming..
Please at least give us a hint that you are working on the problem, if you keep giving absolutely no response at all to your customers people will put your game in the bin and give it up.

I think launch have not been worse than other MMO's I've experienced, but the communication towards your customers I must say have shocked me...There is no communication.
i may get another ban for saying this but i think there lawyers may have suggested not admiting this problem. Think about it if they were to say "yes it was us we caused overheating" then 20,000 ppl with no heat issues whatsoever would come forward and scream that they deman a new rig and with enough people possibly a class action. I have fixed my with /maxfps but i can understand cryptics fear there are plenty of people who would jump on the sue band wagon just for free cash. On the other side of that people who are having issues and burning their cards are left with no answers or recourse.

Its double edged sword; own up to the problem and u must deal with all the liars who want free stuff or dont own up and thousands of users burn up their stuff or just refuse to play because they notice the problem.

I think the best solution is maybe something we all checkmark just agreeing that even if it was them they arent responsible for replacing your parts.
it wouldnt make the ppl who already lost their cards happy but it would prevent it from happening to anyone else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 242
01-31-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Then you might have adequate cooling but a defective/overheating video card. The two can be separate issues. But the fact is, the game is NOT overheating or killing your video card. If your video card/GPU overheats when at 100% load, then you have issues not related to the game. Of course you can reduce graphics settings and set vertical sync to reduce load on your GPU to help, but you still have a problem with hardware, and your GPU/video card would fail when stress testing with other software..
Are u cryptics lawyer?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 243
01-31-2010, 05:02 AM
Well I must say that I have never had a heat issue with my PC until Headstart. The game ran before at a steady 60-70c in game when OB was running and now its hitting 100c

I hate to use other games as examples but I think its important. I have been playing Mass Effect 2 with everything on high and forced max AAA/AF and I think we will all agree that the GFX in ME2 are 100 times better than anything in STO.

Anyway with ME2 it never breaches 70c/100% GPU even after 5 hours of continuous play. Same with Venetica. Although not as taxing, Its still a new game. Modern Warfare 2 70c max and 100% GPU.

The cards new. A ATI 5770 1GB. I have checked it for dust and used compressed air. I have 8 fans inside my PC and its in a Cellar with central heating off, I'm in the UK (Cold). Idle temps are about 28-32 for the card with 0% fan running on the card.

I have used and worked with computers for over 30 years and never have I known a game to do this unless there's been something wrong at my end like bad air flow or dust. This time I have checked everything and there seems to be nothing wrong with my computer. I even use smoke to check airflow, I am that concerned about heat.

Oh I have tried limiting my Frame rate down to 60fps and I still get the same issue. I think something been altered in one of the patches that's been released since OB because a 30c increases in temps wouldn't happen to a computer over a few days even if dust was the culprit which it isn't.

I doubted a few people before but tried to help, Thats the way I am So sorry to the people I doubted. Wont be playing again until they sort it out. Will play Mass Effect 2 and Venetica instead

Please sort it asap, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 244
01-31-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badonkee View Post
This was me yesterday. Called up a friend and took his old failed 8800 and baked it in the oven at 385 degrees for 8 minutes. Threw it in my comp and it works. My 8800 is still awaiting a warranty inquiry on monday morning.

I barely believe anything thats going on in these forums. Can software kill hardware? Can you bake computer components till they work again?

I don't know all the answers, I just want to relax and play my new game.
I had to bake my 8800 GTX at 200F for 10 minutes. That worked for a couple days and then it started artefacting again. Card worked fine for two years with every game that had come out, (any major graphically intensive one) and yes an application can kill hardware. Of course all these know it all techies will say no but I'm a know it all techie and computers are half voodoo and half technology when you really get down to it.

People making the quantum chip currently say "they don't know how they got it to work, but it works".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 245
01-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Man, i have the 5770 ATI as well and it spikes hard during game play. It crashed on me twice (after about 45min of gameplay). the card is new, the rig is new. only about four days old as of this posting. it's a high air flow case. the card is the only thing that gets hot under this game. everything else is fine. i get no problems on other games. Also, when alt-tabbing out to check temps, it drops 30C rapidly. i can watch it go down.

I wonder if it's limited to 1GB cards?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 246
01-31-2010, 08:53 AM
@Bad_Seraph

Mine too drops down from almost 100 to 40s in like 3 seconds so I for 1 doubt its airflow and 2 doubt its the card. If it was the fan, dust or faulty card/thermal paste then it wouldn't drop so fast!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 247
01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Why dont you guys just take it to court.

I love to watch people fail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 248
01-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadde View Post
its not his card its the game a solution has been found and tested. At this point saying its cooling or something is like refusing to believe the world is round. I know people want a successful launch but not telling people the truth just so they play the game is wrong to me. If cryptic has a problem they should man up and just admit it before more people lose their rigs.

When the heating issue first came it was still possible but now the evidence is overwhelming. Cryptic needs to admit they made a big boo-boo and just quickly patch it. I can tell you that many people are experiencing this but arent aware of it because they dont know how to check if their card is "redlining"

As computer users we shouldnt tell people its cooling or whatever just because we dont want to believe STO may be badly bugged. Refusing to see the truth doesnt change the fact it is the truth. Someone got me banned for ranting about heat being cryptic and proving someone wrong but in the end i was right. They banned Galileo from public eye for 30yrs just because they discovered he was right. Some people cant accept being wrong at any cost. Im not angry at cryptic or being banned; since in the end inded i was correct but i would like to see them fix the problem before launch.
Correlation does not equal causation. The game has not been proven to be the problem, especially since it can not be the problem. It only exposes the problem.

I know you really really want it to be the game, but wanting wont make it true.

It is in fact either a cooling or card defect issue. This is not the first time issues like this have come up, and they always have been and always will be a card problem.

You keep going back to the card redlining. It doesnt matter. Redlining is not a problem like you seem to think it is. I redline my card with more demanding programs everyday all day long. And STO does not make my card hotter than they do.

Once again you are wrong. Once again correlation does not equal causation.

Since you are so sure that Cryptic is the problem please explain to me what exactly the problem is. Redlining the card is not, since many programs do that. So please, be specific. Since you tested it and all, and have proved it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 249
01-31-2010, 09:15 AM
Just to make my point on correlation does not equal causation. Something that is a fundamental of science.

There are warning in most games these days about them in certain people causing epileptic episodes. By them putting in that warning are they admitting that they cause epilepsy? Or are they warning you that the game can expose the problems of epilepsy?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 250
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Prophet- View Post
Coorelation does not equal causation. The game has not been proven to be the problem, especially since it can not be the problem. It only exposes the problem.

I know you really really want it to be the game, but wanting wont make it true.

It is in fact either a cooling or card defect issue. This is not the first time issues like this have come up, and they always have been and always will be a card problem.

You keep going back to the card redlining. It doesnt matter. Redlining is not a problem like you seem to think it is. I redline my card with more demanding programs everyday all day long. And STO does not make my card hotter than they do.

Once again you are wrong. Once again coorelation does not equal causation.

Since you are so sure that Cryptic is the problem please explain to me what exactly the problem is. Redlining the card is not, since many programs do that. So please, be specific. Since you tested it and all, and have proved it.
nice use of big words still doesnt change the fact that the problem was solved by an in game command. Sir you are wrong so please just give up. Its not the card or the cooling and anyone can see that by now. It seems to me some people just cant accept simple fact.

Im right. I proved i was right after all the cooling posts and even after i prove it with visible evidence you still refuse to accept it.

Do you believe the world is round? Its over please let it go the issue has been proven in my favor i am sorry you dont want to accept that but facts are facts THE COMMAND SOLVED THE PROBLEM NOT CLEANING OR BUYING NEW HARDWARE.

I am right get used to it.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 AM.