Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 311
02-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadde View Post
use the slash /maxfps command. Cryptic has a massive bug that runs your gpu flat out for no reason. caausing crazy heat. For a while the answer was unknown and we had to endure the "tech knowledge bragging" of some posters but in the end no one said it was fixed by more fans or cleaning your case but 95% of those who had heat issues and tried this said it fixed everything.

Of course they will say i am wrong to protect their image so do yourself and me a favor. Go clean everything, get rivatuner and even a new case if you want. When youve spent money for no reason and you really want it to be fixed just type /maxfps(space)# between 30-60

Try their way and the maxfps way and see whos right. None of them and i mean none would take that bet they know deep down its the game they just want a large player base so to heck if ppl blow out their cards. In fact in some twisted way they probably say good the more problems i have the faster i become the "bigman" on server.

We all know ppl like this before its nothing new.
The fact you refuse to run Furmark and Prime95 togeather and still say your computer is "Fine" is enough to tell me you know nothing about hardware

And no, /maxfps is not a "Fix", it does not "Fix" code, it simply tells the game to stop rendering the next frame until Y amount of time passes, then render next frame

And I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

Until you run Furmark and Prime95 togeather for 30 minutes you have no authority to tell us PC tech heads, me being a person that builds 4+ PC's a -WEEK- for companies and people who want something better then a pre-built, you have no right to call us wrong

/maxfps is -NOT A FIX-, its simply telling the computer to render X amount of frames over Y amount of time, which is exactly the same thing V-Sync does except without V-Sync its less GPU load because its not using bi or tripple buffering per frame

And again, until you run Prime95 and Furmark togeather for 30 minutes, you have no authority to tell us that STO is "Working your computer harder then it ever has" because STO is a very -LIGHT- CPU and GPU load game

And you didn't even look at my picture of my case, showing how much cooling you need for a -HIGH END- GPU and CPU

Again, until you run Prime95 and Furmark togeather, two programs that ignore bottlenecks and run your CPU and GPU's flat out as hard as possible, and tell me your temps are "Fine" after 30 minutes, you have no rights to tell us -REAL- tech heads how computers work

And -YES- it is a cooling issue. I gave a LIST of reasons why your cooling is not up to code, I even took a picture of my case to show you how much cooling is needed for a aftermarket GPU solution, yet you still ignore the facts that your computer is not built properly and blame Cryptic for your cooling problems

You are a very very ignorant human being, you have this notion in your head that your logic is infallible, that its Cryptics fault your computer overheats, and not the fact your cooling solution is nowhere up to code

I even explained how Chips work, how they can only process X amount of information over Y amount of time, and the only way to make them work HARDER or FASTER is to tell the chips to run faster through Bios and Overclocking

Yet you -STILL- say that Cryptic is making "GPU's run out of control" when there is -NO WAY POSSIBLE DUE TO THE VERY LAWS OF THERMAL DYNAMICS THAT IT'S NOT POSSIBLE-, yet you STILL cry that its Cryptics fault

Again, you are a -VERY- ignorant person who won't admit that its their fault their PC's are not up to code, and instead blame somebody else for their problems illogically even though -MULTIPLE- people have explained how chips and cooling works

*EDIT*

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are so beyond ignorant, you have no idea how chips are designed to run. You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

Come back when you gain some -ACTUAL- knowledge about how chips work, till you do I am going to flag every ignorant post of yours as trolling
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 312
02-03-2010, 04:20 AM
I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

There, can you read that? Can you read that how STO is working your GPU harder then say Crysis is? That if your CPU is a bottleneck your GPU runs nowhere near max load?

Can you see the point I have made over five times in this whole thread that you continue to ignore?

Or do you just ignore points that make you look wrong?

And also:

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

I am -SICK- of you saying that Cryptic is at fault for poor cooling, when its:

A) Your case is not up to code, it does not have enough fans to move air to keep it cool
B) Heatsinks are clogged with dust
C) Fans are covered in dust, which causes them to spin slowly and poorly
D) Heatsinks are mounted improperly, even retail GPU cards can come with the heatsink not mounted properly
E) Not enough Thermal Paste, which means the chips can't cool properly, even retail GPU cards can come with not enough paste on them

I -SHOWED- you a picture of my case to show you how much cooling is required for a Phenom II 955 at 3.5Ghz, a Radeon 5850, 4 sticks of ram totaling 8gigs, ELEVEN USB devices, SIX hard drives, and I will show you AGAIN

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3299/dscf0002vd.jpg

If your case has NOWHERE as near many fans as this, and you have a -AFTERMARKET GPU INSTALLED- which is like a 8800 etc, you -DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH COOLING-

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 313
02-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamisOMally View Post
The fact you refuse to run Furmark and Prime95 togeather and still say your computer is "Fine" is enough to tell me you know nothing about hardware

And no, /maxfps is not a "Fix", it does not "Fix" code, it simply tells the game to stop rendering the next frame until Y amount of time passes, then render next frame

And I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

Until you run Furmark and Prime95 togeather for 30 minutes you have no authority to tell us PC tech heads, me being a person that builds 4+ PC's a -WEEK- for companies and people who want something better then a pre-built, you have no right to call us wrong

/maxfps is -NOT A FIX-, its simply telling the computer to render X amount of frames over Y amount of time, which is exactly the same thing V-Sync does except without V-Sync its less GPU load because its not using bi or tripple buffering per frame

And again, until you run Prime95 and Furmark togeather for 30 minutes, you have no authority to tell us that STO is "Working your computer harder then it ever has" because STO is a very -LIGHT- CPU and GPU load game

And you didn't even look at my picture of my case, showing how much cooling you need for a -HIGH END- GPU and CPU

Again, until you run Prime95 and Furmark togeather, two programs that ignore bottlenecks and run your CPU and GPU's flat out as hard as possible, and tell me your temps are "Fine" after 30 minutes, you have no rights to tell us -REAL- tech heads how computers work

And -YES- it is a cooling issue. I gave a LIST of reasons why your cooling is not up to code, I even took a picture of my case to show you how much cooling is needed for a aftermarket GPU solution, yet you still ignore the facts that your computer is not built properly and blame Cryptic for your cooling problems

You are a very very ignorant human being, you have this notion in your head that your logic is infallible, that its Cryptics fault your computer overheats, and not the fact your cooling solution is nowhere up to code

I even explained how Chips work, how they can only process X amount of information over Y amount of time, and the only way to make them work HARDER or FASTER is to tell the chips to run faster through Bios and Overclocking

Yet you -STILL- say that Cryptic is making "GPU's run out of control" when there is -NO WAY POSSIBLE DUE TO THE VERY LAWS OF THERMAL DYNAMICS THAT IT'S NOT POSSIBLE-, yet you STILL cry that its Cryptics fault

Again, you are a -VERY- ignorant person who won't admit that its their fault their PC's are not up to code, and instead blame somebody else for their problems illogically even though -MULTIPLE- people have explained how chips and cooling works

*EDIT*

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are so beyond ignorant, you have no idea how chips are designed to run. You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

Come back when you gain some -ACTUAL- knowledge about how chips work, till you do I am going to flag every ignorant post of yours as trolling
im tired of hearing the same thing. Please mr tech god get real the ppl who have tried this all know the deal.

You make me laugh saying STO is so powerful it requires a full load. So flag my posts it just shows you fear the truth thats why youre so desperate to cover it up.

Its so funny how no one has come back and said t was a cooling issue or dirty case but plenty of ppl have said this works. Oh by the way long posts with bulletpoints and numbers wont make you right but good try on presentation. As i said to readers he has some words to spout i have a fix. Decide for yourself whos right.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 314
02-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamisOMally View Post
The fact you refuse to run Furmark and Prime95 togeather and still say your computer is "Fine" is enough to tell me you know nothing about hardware

And no, /maxfps is not a "Fix", it does not "Fix" code, it simply tells the game to stop rendering the next frame until Y amount of time passes, then render next frame

And I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

Until you run Furmark and Prime95 togeather for 30 minutes you have no authority to tell us PC tech heads, me being a person that builds 4+ PC's a -WEEK- for companies and people who want something better then a pre-built, you have no right to call us wrong

/maxfps is -NOT A FIX-, its simply telling the computer to render X amount of frames over Y amount of time, which is exactly the same thing V-Sync does except without V-Sync its less GPU load because its not using bi or tripple buffering per frame

And again, until you run Prime95 and Furmark togeather for 30 minutes, you have no authority to tell us that STO is "Working your computer harder then it ever has" because STO is a very -LIGHT- CPU and GPU load game

And you didn't even look at my picture of my case, showing how much cooling you need for a -HIGH END- GPU and CPU

Again, until you run Prime95 and Furmark togeather, two programs that ignore bottlenecks and run your CPU and GPU's flat out as hard as possible, and tell me your temps are "Fine" after 30 minutes, you have no rights to tell us -REAL- tech heads how computers work

And -YES- it is a cooling issue. I gave a LIST of reasons why your cooling is not up to code, I even took a picture of my case to show you how much cooling is needed for a aftermarket GPU solution, yet you still ignore the facts that your computer is not built properly and blame Cryptic for your cooling problems

You are a very very ignorant human being, you have this notion in your head that your logic is infallible, that its Cryptics fault your computer overheats, and not the fact your cooling solution is nowhere up to code

I even explained how Chips work, how they can only process X amount of information over Y amount of time, and the only way to make them work HARDER or FASTER is to tell the chips to run faster through Bios and Overclocking

Yet you -STILL- say that Cryptic is making "GPU's run out of control" when there is -NO WAY POSSIBLE DUE TO THE VERY LAWS OF THERMAL DYNAMICS THAT IT'S NOT POSSIBLE-, yet you STILL cry that its Cryptics fault

Again, you are a -VERY- ignorant person who won't admit that its their fault their PC's are not up to code, and instead blame somebody else for their problems illogically even though -MULTIPLE- people have explained how chips and cooling works

*EDIT*

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are so beyond ignorant, you have no idea how chips are designed to run. You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

Come back when you gain some -ACTUAL- knowledge about how chips work, till you do I am going to flag every ignorant post of yours as trolling
i love how you say my computer isnt built properly. This is just what i was talking about when wanna be tech gods are subtely putting your computer down. Let me guess though you never have an issue because youre so smart and only buy the best while everyone else is stupid and buys crap.Oh for the record i am running a thermaltake armor mx case with 3 fans 2 pulling out amd one pulling in so I as i TOLD you its not a cooling issue.

Wow did i just bust another tech boy who has no soluion. Prove me wrong go find some ppl who come back and say oh yeah it was cooling issue and my case was dirty. You didnt have to attack me. You started it.......I finished it. And again to the readers who are destroying their cards with this isuue please feel free to try his way and the way i suggest.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 315
02-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamisOMally View Post
This is for you Fadde you bloody moron:

I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

I -TOLD- you the reason why STO is most likely working your GPU harder then Crysis, I said that with Crysis its a -VERY- CPU dependent game, as well as GPU. If your CPU is NOWHERE near good enough to run Crysis, it creates a bottleneck, and your GPU runs at half load etc, but with STO requiring -VERY LITTLE CPU POWER- to run, your GPU is free to run flat out as fast as possible, which because of -POOR COOLING- causes heat issues

There, can you read that? Can your ignorant mind read that how STO is working your GPU harder then say Crysis is? That if your CPU is a bottleneck your GPU runs nowhere near max load?

Do you get it? Can you comprehend it? Do you understand english? Can you see the point I have made over five times in this whole thread that you continue to ignore?

Can you read? Or do you just ignore points that make you look wrong?

And also:

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are so beyond ignorant, you have no idea how chips are designed to run. You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

Come back when you gain some -ACTUAL- knowledge about how chips work, till you do I am going to flag every ignorant post of yours as trolling

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are so beyond ignorant, you have no idea how chips are designed to run. You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

Come back when you gain some -ACTUAL- knowledge about how chips work, till you do I am going to flag every ignorant post of yours as trolling

And -AGAIN- I will tell you, GPU's and CPU's are -DESIGNED- to run 100% load for -YEARS- not hours!. You saying "STO makes your GPU run flat out, and it overheats" -CLEARLY- tells me that your cooling solutions is -NOT UP TO CODE- because STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED AT FULL ONE HUNDRED PERCENT LOAD-

You are so beyond ignorant, you have no idea how chips are designed to run. You are actually complaining that STO is working your GPU -AS INTENDED- at -FULL LOAD- like its supposed to be doing, which -ALL- games try to do, except with the CPU not being a bottleneck with STO, its far far -EASIER- to work the GPU at full load in comparison to games like Crysis where your CPU is a -MASSIVE- bottleneck which causes the GPU to run at half load or less

Come back when you gain some -ACTUAL- knowledge about how chips work, till you do I am going to flag every ignorant post of yours as trolling

There, I repeated it -THREE- times so you might -ACTUALLY- read something.

I am -SICK- of you morons saying that Cryptic is at fault for poor cooling, when its:

A) Your case is not up to code, it does not have enough fans to move air to keep it cool
B) Heatsinks are clogged with dust
C) Fans are covered in dust, which causes them to spin slowly and poorly
D) Heatsinks are mounted improperly, even retail GPU cards can come with the heatsink not mounted properly
E) Not enough Thermal Paste, which means the chips can't cool properly, even retail GPU cards can come with not enough paste on them

I -SHOWED- you a picture of my case to show you how much cooling is required for a Phenom II 955 at 3.5Ghz, a Radeon 5850, 4 sticks of ram totaling 8gigs, ELEVEN USB devices, SIX hard drives, and I will show you AGAIN

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3299/dscf0002vd.jpg

If your case has NOWHERE as near many fans as this, and you have a -AFTERMARKET GPU INSTALLED- which is like a 8800 etc, you -DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH COOLING-
oh heres my case but i gues this is bad cooling. Theres an exhaust on the back too. Youre wrong and you know but feel free to try and keep goading me and others with how everyone but you has crap and you know all.

What a fool.
http://www.tcponline.com/images/comp...mor+_MX_02.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 316
02-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadde View Post
oh heres my case but i gues this is bad cooling. Theres an exhaust on the back too. Youre wrong and you know but feel free to try and keep goading me and others with how everyone but you has crap and you know all.

What a fool.
http://www.tcponline.com/images/comp...mor+_MX_02.jpg
I love how you completely ignored my comment about why STO is working your GPU harder then Crysis is, because with Crysis its probably most definitely a CPU bottleneck, but with STO there is no CPU bottleneck so the GPU runs as fast as it can

And again, I gave a FIVE POINT LIST of problems that can cause poor cooling, not JUST a bad case

And, again, you don't see the point of all these posts, I'm just going to report everything you say as trolling

*EDIT* I see you still refuse to run Prime95 and Furmark together, typical

If your PC is -SO- good, what do you got to lose from running these two programs togeather for half a hour and recording temperatures? Hmmmm?

*EDIT 2* and again, you cry and complain that STO is running your hardware as intended, as fast as possible, which ALL 3D games try and do, which all hardware is DESIGNED to do, run AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

*EDIT 3* Actually, from now on Fadde, every post you make, I am going to post "If you can't run Furmark and Prime95 togeather without overheating your computer, you have cooling problems"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 317 Guys...
02-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Seriously...

This game DOES NOT require more CPU, GPU, rendering powah, additional cooling... ETC! that all you folks are trying to profess. This game is not light years ahead of anything currently in the marketplace. This game does NOT push the limits of graphical boundaries and if you think it does, time to stop playing EQ1.

There is a MAJOR bug in the code that exhibits MAX GPU usage ONLY when vSYNC is not enabled. It has been explained in this thread earlier as well.

I wont sit here and try and convince you all my computer is cooled enough, is high enough power... etc... because I KNOW IT IS. I dont spare any expense, really when it comes to building my gear.

I know I should have caught it earlier, but have never experienced it before. Both in open beta and now release my GPU fan would scream like CRAZY. I 'had' an NVIDIA 295GTX until playing STO fried it, causing it now to be very unstable and forcing me to switch to ATI

Yes, stupid me for not just 'quitting', I really had not clue what was going on. When I finally realized what the 'fix' was (vSYNC) it was too late. Turning vSYNC on immediately brought the GPU usage down and the card barely struggled at all to meet MAX detail settings.

So all you people here blaming others that have NO EXPERIENCE with the subject, not seeing it first hand - sit down, and let the others who are directly affected address the issue.

VSYNC ON!

or

CRYPTIC realize the massive problem that exists and fix the damn code. How could a game be released without this being found is beyond me... with SO MANY PEOPLE experiencing the same problem as is obvious with the length of this thread!!



All of you that try and say 'Well I have massive cooling, $100/mg cooling compound, water or nitro cooling... and with the same specs mine doesnt overheat"... is SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THAT!

WITH TRADITIONAL, AND NORMALLY ADEQUATE COOLING - IT DEFINITELY DOES OVERHEAT. Sure, throw $1000 into your cooling system and then try and epeen your way around the issue because of it is not a solution.

again...
VSYNC ON!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 318
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamisOMally View Post

I am -SICK- of you saying that Cryptic is at fault for poor cooling, when its:

A) Your case is not up to code, it does not have enough fans to move air to keep it cool
B) Heatsinks are clogged with dust
C) Fans are covered in dust, which causes them to spin slowly and poorly
D) Heatsinks are mounted improperly, even retail GPU cards can come with the heatsink not mounted properly
E) Not enough Thermal Paste, which means the chips can't cool properly, even retail GPU cards can come with not enough paste on them
This is not right, I for example;

A) I have more than enough cooling to keep my comp running fine on a 120 degree day, playing much more graphically intense games for longer. Even all day long.
B) Cleaned my heat sinks
C) Clean my fans
D) I don't have a copy of my video cards warranty, but are you telling me that the company making the video card have created a situation that will cause them to lose money by replacing my several hundred dollar video card? Of course unless I take it upon myself to void said warranty and correct their mistake and avoiding STO from ruining it? So every Jackass 13 year old needs to do this to play STO? Every 60 year old technically inept trekkie needs to MOUNT THEIR HEATSINK PROPERLY TO PLAY STO???
E) See my rant in D.


Now this happened to me, on friday morning after I moved the PC to a cooler location in the house and cleand the entire system. I am very invested in this issue due to my well maintained computer burning out its card 3 hours into playing while I was afk. I then baked in the oven at 385 for 8minutes my buddies old 8800 GTx and brought it back to life, so at the moment i am not out any money.

This is the TECH SUPPORT FORUM, Not the TECHIE TALK DOWN AND NAYSAY FORUM.

People should not be permitted to troll this thread while not providing any help, and I would like to see moderators remove and restrict those not providing help to an issue, which for those of us afflicted, is limited to our recent gameplay of STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 319
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
To the last two posters in this forum

If you cannot run Prime95 and Furmark togeather for 30 minutes without having temperatures go out of control and cause the PC to melt down, you have cooling problems

All Furmark is designed to do is run a GPU 100%, like any game tries to do. If your videocard melts down, you have cooling issues somewhere

All Prime95 does is run your CPU 100% load, like any game tries to do. If your CPU melts down, you have cooling issues somewhere

All Prime95 and Furmark do is work your equipment 100% like any game TRIES to do, if your system can't handle these programs, you have a cooling issue somewhere

STO will not work your GPU harder then furmark will

I ran my PC with Furmark and Prime95 togeather for 24 hours, the highest the CPU got was 43C, the highest my videocard got was 80C, in a 80F room

There is no known piece of coding in -EXSISTENCE- that can melt down computer hardware, only poor cooling melts down computer hardware
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 320
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I am not going to get involved in the whos right - whos wrong part of this thread.

Information FOR THE DEVS:

I have an eVGA eGForce 8800 GTS 512. Latest Nvidia drivers (196.21). Windows XP SP3. XBlade case with 4 fans, I clean the dust out from the case/board/fans/disks etc once a month (theres not usually a lot).

I haven't collected any stats yet for temperatures etc over time while running STO - will do so next few days because when in STO (character screen or game itself) the rig is overheating to the extent that the 700W PSU is shutting down after about 30-90 minutes. I have a new PSU to install tomorrow (in case there is a problem with the existing one). If I had seen that this was an issue a lot of people seem to be having I would probably have not bought that immediately but I guess it cant do any harm.

( I also tried the old driver versions just in case something was up with the new ones - but same issue )

Request for information FROM THE DEVS:

Sorry I dont have time to read all the posts, but what is the official (from Cryptic) word on this maxfps and Vsync setting, if its not in a faq or sticky somewhere can it be put in a post that people dont troll with conflicting opinions ?- is it something we should be doing if our systems are overheating (assuming that they are adequately cooled)

Thanks.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.