04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
and the end of this thread should =

Under Investigation

* Reports of Client Performance drops after Season One update

/end
Lt. Commander
# 522
04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
I've never had an overheating problem until Season 1. Now I crash after an hour of play. I tried turning down my graphics and it hasn't helped much. I still over heat it just takes a few minutes longer.

To answer the question that usually accompany these issues my system has 4G of ram, Quad core 2.4GHz, nVidia GTX 275 with fully updated drivers.
Lt. Commander
# 523
04-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malvolti View Post
I've never had an overheating problem until Season 1. Now I crash after an hour of play. I tried turning down my graphics and it hasn't helped much. I still over heat it just takes a few minutes longer.

To answer the question that usually accompany these issues my system has 4G of ram, Quad core 2.4GHz, nVidia GTX 275 with fully updated drivers.
you ruined my /end

lol its something that are NOW aware of, which means they finally got the picture about it not being our systems. hopefully something comes down that fixes it soon
Lt. Commander
# 524
04-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I dunno what to tell you guys. I run an old 8800 Ultra and I have not had to turn down any settings, which means it has to work harder than than your GTX 275. I play for hours with no crashing.

The fan runs faster, yes, which means it's doing its job. As I said before, there's a difference between running hotter and overheating. Under more load it will run hotter, which is why the fan has variable speed.
Lt. Commander
# 525
04-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
I dunno what to tell you guys. I run an old 8800 Ultra and I have not had to turn down any settings, which means it has to work harder than than your GTX 275. I play for hours with no crashing.

The fan runs faster, yes, which means it's doing its job. As I said before, there's a difference between running hotter and overheating. Under more load it will run hotter, which is why the fan has variable speed.
that depends on resolution, cpu, ram, page file, harddrive model/fragmentation, case cooling, driver version, dx version/month, driver settings, and ingame settings, and with things like vsync your monitor too.

.... some people will wonder about alot of what i listed but it makes a difference, more than some people may realise.

in some instances a 8800 series card may very well out perform an over worked gtx275, the 8800 was a great card, and still holds up to a lot of games.
Lt. Commander
# 526
04-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Agreed - if you are experiencing overheating then you likely have serious airflow issues.

I play at 1600x1050, with the same game options from the beginning (Open Beta).
Lt. Commander
# 527
04-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verhey View Post
that depends on resolution, cpu, ram, page file, harddrive model/fragmentation, case cooling, driver version, dx version/month, driver settings, and ingame settings, and with things like vsync your monitor too.

.... some people will wonder about alot of what i listed but it makes a difference, more than some people may realise.

in some instances a 8800 series card may very well out perform an over worked gtx275, the 8800 was a great card, and still holds up to a lot of games.

It may....but I can tell you this... I'm running a Qosmio X 305 with 4 gb Ram, Geforce 9700 M GTS vids, and since the LAST patch... my comp has shut off twice in two days...BAM...like someone just removed the battery.. and I NEVER had an issue before this last patch....so yeah, it may be what people have....but I highly doubt it..... It's Cryptic's patches... Now I'll have to see about getting a cooler for my "desktop replacement" that never had a problem before the last patch.....lol
Lt. Commander
# 528
04-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpemeigallo View Post
(...) never had a problem before the last patch.....lol
Or at least not one you were aware of until now.
Lt. Commander
# 529
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
i love how some people are still just flat out denying that it was on Cryptic's end and still trying to blame peoples systems.... even though they have acknowledged the issue and are looking into it, implying/admitting that they realize something they did is choking systems a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 530
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundler
i love how some people are still just flat out denying that it was on Cryptic's end and still trying to blame peoples systems.... even though they have acknowledged the issue and are looking into it, implying/admitting that they realize something they did is choking systems a bit.
Because some of us actually know the difference between what controls hardware and what doesn't. STO can't tell your card to 'overwork' itself. Hardware, firmware, and the drivers dictate how hard your GPU actually works. And yes, I had my taste of DirectX development recently. Nothing in DX calls can force your GPU to do something beyond its or its driver's capabilities.
Closed Thread